WN Mechanics seek mediation

I too had no clue what he was trying to bring across, and I don't think he knows either.
You didn't leak anything, none of us did. We simply pass on info we are told by either nego team at the table or even some very high leadership that are in the know and at the table.
I think he is in the belief you/I and others, leaked info, but in reality, we are just so informed of what take place at the nego table. They are not use to that at AA with their asso.. Other than that no clue what he was mouthing off about, and, out of the blue.
BTW; forgot to wish you happy contract day on the 16th. Finally nice to see changes in our hourly column of our paychecks, waited 7 long years for that. One more right around the corner that we will see on the 9-5 payday. Happy wife---Happy life...
Swamt, I know all about things happening over there but I support AMFA 100% and stay out of your politics.

I'm not sure if you know this or not but one of the last negotiation sessions were shut down for a few hours because the mediator believed there was a leaker in the room. She said that it seemed like B737 Driver was in the room leaking live info.

I'm not a AMFA member but aren't the Regional Directors in Negotiations?

I too had no clue what he was trying to bring across, and I don't think he knows either.
You didn't leak anything, none of us did. We simply pass on info we are told by either nego team at the table or even some very high leadership that are in the know and at the table.
I think he is in the belief you/I and others, leaked info, but in reality, we are just so informed of what take place at the nego table. They are not use to that at AA with their asso.. Other than that no clue what he was mouthing off about, and, out of the blue.
BTW; forgot to wish you happy contract day on the 16th. Finally nice to see changes in our hourly column of our paychecks, waited 7 long years for that. One more right around the corner that we will see on the 9-5 payday. Happy wife---Happy life...
Amen I see AMFA will now have a legal page. That members in good standing will be able to get into. Brett just sent the Email out. Since the lawsuits remain.

Swamt, I know all about things happening over there but I support AMFA 100% and stay out of your politics.

I'm not sure if you know this or not but one of the last negotiation sessions were shut down for a few hours because the mediator believed there was a leaker in the room. She said that it seemed like B737 Driver was in the room leaking live info.

Wasn't me. First of all Tim if you followed my post I was very critical of AMFA, because for a long time I was a Teamsters supporter , because I was a Union rep for 8 years. The person you are referring too was the Local 4 regional director , and he was recalled and was successfully cleared, and reelected because the gentleman that held that position before, wanted it back. So not me.

Last edited:

You don't have a clue.
Driver was not at the table, he was simply informed by his ALR, NC and of course at his monthly union meetings. As were all of us. Even updated by the ND and National officers who were also at the table from time to time during to be given updates directly from the NC.
Matter fact the mediators laid out what each side can and cannot release from the mediated sessions.
It really is just a fact that we are way more informed with our union than you guys are at AA with this abortion asso. that wants to keep you guys in the dark all the way through. My Lord it took the company to release their offer to the membership NOT the asso. or either union, and that is just pathetic.

Wasn't me. First of all Tim if you followed my post I was very critical of AMFA, because for a long time I was a Teamsters supporter , because I was a Union rep for 8 years. The person you are referring too was the Local 4 regional director , and he was recalled and was successfully cleared, and reelected because the gentleman that held that position before, wanted it back. So not me.
How do you know which Regional director I was referring to? I didn't call one out but you sure seem to associate one with the leak. Guilty conscience?

Another thing B Driver,
I've followed your posts and you have also tried to create the idea that you are a certain MDW lead from Morris . Anyone that knows that lead knows he's not on this site or even attended a union meeting or been a union rep like you claim to do. So just because you were critical of AMFA, 2 ALR's and AMFA legal doesn't mean you're not a regional director. It just means you are coward and aren't man enough to speak your mind and stand behind it.
In your posts you say your a Navy guy. Then you as well as anyone should know that every ship has rats. You just happen to be the one "RAT" on the USS AMFA.
Save the good members of AMFA the expense if another recall and just resign because I have good info that this isn't going away no matter how much you try and defend yourself to me on this forum.

You don't have a clue.
Driver was not at the table, he was simply informed by his ALR, NC and of course at his monthly union meetings. As were all of us. Even updated by the ND and National officers who were also at the table from time to time during to be given updates directly from the NC.
Matter fact the mediators laid out what each side can and cannot release from the mediated sessions.
It really is just a fact that we are way more informed with our union than you guys are at AA with this abortion asso. that wants to keep you guys in the dark all the way through. My Lord it took the company to release their offer to the membership NOT the asso. or either union, and that is just pathetic.
Well, since your so sure driver isn't a regional director let's be men and stand behind our words and get our identities all out on the table. You know who I am. If driver isn't an officer he shouldn't have a problem saying who he is and standing behind his words.

Another thing B Driver,
I've followed your posts and you have also tried to create the idea that you are a certain MDW lead from Morris . Anyone that knows that lead knows he's not on this site or even attended a union meeting or been a union rep like you claim to do. So just because you were critical of AMFA, 2 ALR's and AMFA legal doesn't mean you're not a regional director. It just means you are coward and aren't man enough to speak your mind and stand behind it.
In your posts you say your a Navy guy. Then you as well as anyone should know that every ship has rats. You just happen to be the one "RAT" on the USS AMFA.
Save the good members of AMFA the expense if another recall and just resign because I have good info that this isn't going away no matter how much you try and defend yourself to me on this forum.
You caught me, I have to resign now.

Another thing B Driver,
I have never been an AMFA officer, in fact I changed my Avatar by taking of picture of my jacket , just for you. You like go on fishing expeditions.I originally got on here, because I figured AMFA was going to sink the ship. After talking to Brett, and getting involved in my Local I realized I was wrong. I actually became pretty good friends with Brett. The Regional director , was brought up on false charges by the person in MDW he replaced. The recall position was going around the station here, and I refused to sign it. They had the recall election and he won reelection. It was later proven that he wasn't the problem. Have a nice day, try to have your AMFA card drive at American.

Reactions: swamt
I have never been an AMFA officer, in fact I changed my Avatar by taking of picture of my jacket , just for you. You like go on fishing expeditions.I originally got on here, because I figured AMFA was going to sink the ship. After talking to Brett, and getting involved in my Local I realized I was wrong. I actually became pretty good friends with Brett. The Regional director , was brought up on false charges by the person in MDW he replaced. The recall position was going around the station here, and I refused to sign it. They had the recall election and he won reelection. It was later proven that he wasn't the problem. Have a nice day, try to have your AMFA card drive at American.

You hearing anything from your reps about these suits? Wondering why ths co. pulled out of the agreement. A bit confusing for now. Something must have changed...

You hearing anything from your reps about these suits? Wondering why ths co. pulled out of the agreement. A bit confusing for now. Something must have changed...
SWA wanted certain stipulations that would set future presidency, that AMFA was not comfortable with, and felt it would harm the membership. It wouldn't be a deal they were comfortable with. So they will let the company rethink their position, or see you in court. The company can argue their original position through statistics on the out of service aircraft. We and our lawfirm , plus the FAA have our position. It's business on both sides. Sometimes I miss the back and forth arguments as a Steward, but I made the right choice, but I fully support AMFA.

Reactions: swamt
Wow Driver, you are the most informed ex Morris MDW Lead that was never an AMFA rep. Did you get all of that info from your ALR Dan or did you call your "good friend" Bret the National Director? It certainly is more info than what was in the update that AMFA released.
Funny thing, I heard that the only MDW Lead that came from Morris is pretty pissed off you're pretending to be him on this site. He's going to call your "good friend" Bret about it. Now of course you could clear this all up if you would just identify yourself, but we both know you can't do that without falsely naming an innocent AMFA member or identifying yourself as an officer and a traitor. That was a nice disclaimer you ended your post with lol!

Swamt, you don't need to post on this site to get Drivers opinion. Since you both work in Dallas just go over to Structures on days and talk to him face to face. Don't go on Thursday or Friday though he's off those days.
Nice Teamster jacket BTW! I'm sure you got that at AirTran when you were a mechanic there. Have a great day Driver! I can't wait to see how this all plays out for you.

SWA wanted certain stipulations that would set future presidency, that AMFA was not comfortable with, and felt it would harm the membership. It wouldn't be a deal they were comfortable with. So they will let the company rethink their position, or see you in court. The company can argue their original position through statistics on the out of service aircraft. We and our lawfirm , plus the FAA have our position. It's business on both sides. Sometimes I miss the back and forth arguments as a Steward, but I made the right choice, but I fully support AMFA.
I see. Thanks for the info. Pretty sure AMFA will bring up the two attempts of pressure and intimidation over writing up legit write ups as well. Yes all this BS will cost money but, you gotta spend the coin when representing the membership instead of just letting the co. get away with everything.
You probably did make the right choice. I too fully support AMFA, just didn't want that target on my back all the time.
Going forward we will get our suit updates off the AMFA National web page in members only. We wait for the next move.

Is SWA still seeking financial restitution from AMFA for an alleged job action during contract negotiations or was it resolved outside of court ?

Is SWA still seeking financial restitution from AMFA for an alleged job action during contract negotiations or was it resolved outside of court ?

Yes sir they are. And they (SWA) was just ruled against for an attempt to throw out AMFA's suit against a very large member of SWA.