WN Mechanics seek mediation

What size are they giving you? At UA we have been using 10 inch ipad pros for a year and they work really well. Maint manuals, IPC , maint history and logs, parts order, do deferrals , internet, almost everything that the desktops have. I dont miss having to sit and enter paper logs.

If it works as we have been told, it would be added benefit. Your right there is a bit of overkill, but I am sure we all know why and where the overkill came from. Pretty much, it will assure that all tools required and materials are all checked out and used properly. I think some of these overkill actions are driven from some of the ASAP results. My guess only, as I am not privy to ASAP hearings.
Basically they are giving us the end of 19 to get use to the new Maintenix and the I-Pad (some of the guys don't even have apple products) then hopefully everything will go smoothly when they take it all over to the new system with new models transferring early 2020.
I think they need to go to a larger one for us mechanics. Too hard to read quickly. Number pad buttons too small and our big hands tend to miss click letters and numbers all the time. I also hate the fact that you have to change screen pages to go from letters to numbers that is just stupid with how they demand we all have various numbers and letters just to sign in, then sign in again to MBF and other apps needed to be used that we all downloaded for easier and faster work steps.
Something new to get used to. Some will hate it and some will love it.

What size are they giving you? At UA we have been using 10 inch ipad pros for a year and they work really well. Maint manuals, IPC , maint history and logs, parts order, do deferrals , internet, almost everything that the desktops have. I dont miss having to sit and enter paper logs.

I really think it is less than 10". Maybe 8". All I know is most all mechanics are wanting a larger screen size. We are hearing of getting new tabs with larger screens.
I would think the most ideal size would be 10"-12" size. the companies want small to put in pockets, and store. But we all know we have to be able to "see" the pages as well, and very quickly at that. Hellooooo, maint in motion 101... Listen to your employees and fix what they complain about, right??? Done deal, I would think.

Received some good news yesterday. Got word they signed the new contract yesterday.
Now only one more week until we start getting the retro payments.
So glad this crap is behind us.
Hey driver, are you or your guys received their 2nd retro check yet? A few of our guys here in Dallas has already received their 2nd reto check last week, so was curious if some of you guys have as of yet???

Reactions: B737 driver
Hey driver, are you or your guys received their 2nd retro check yet? A few of our guys here in Dallas has already received their 2nd reto check last week, so was curious if some of you guys have as of yet???
Nope Swampy be nice to see the new bump with my lead pay. I agree with you on Westjet. Use the wide bodies to Hawaii, instead of those little 800s, where we can't even carry a full load. This is plan B, whoever they buy. Tells me Gary Kelly , doesn't give a **** now when the Max comes back. SWA has always been full steam ahead. You remember when American Airlines lost that DC10 in Chicago in 1979, American got some MD80s, real cheap from McDonnell Douglas , as the result.

Nope Swampy be nice to see the new bump with my lead pay. I agree with you on Westjet. Use the wide bodies to Hawaii, instead of those little 800s, where we can't even carry a full load. This is plan B, whoever they buy. Tells me Gary Kelly , doesn't give a **** now when the Max comes back. SWA has always been full steam ahead. You remember when American Airlines lost that DC10 in Chicago in 1979, American got some MD80s, real cheap from McDonnell Douglas , as the result.

Something will have to give in order for SWA to expand. What that give is exactly, I have no clue. GK will hopefully get us out of this.

Something will have to give in order for SWA to expand. What that give is exactly, I have no clue. GK will hopefully get us out of this.
I miss Herb, I think he would've told Boeing to fix it, or tell them to shove the Max up their corporate Ass! :)

WN mechanics have ratified a new contract and have finally received all bonus and retro payments due. This fight is over. Mediation is finished and it is time to move on.
I started this thread years ago to discuss that topic. I think this thread has fulfilled it’s purpose and shouldn’t carry on with random chitchat.
How about people start new threads to discuss these random things so it can be more organized on here and let this chapter die. I don’t see the need for another mechanic mediation topic here for another 6-8 years.
Let it go.
WNMECH out.

WN mechanics have ratified a new contract and have finally received all bonus and retro payments due. This fight is over. Mediation is finished and it is time to move on.
I started this thread years ago to discuss that topic. I think this thread has fulfilled it’s purpose and shouldn’t carry on with random chitchat.
How about people start new threads to discuss these random things so it can be more organized on here and let this chapter die. I don’t see the need for another mechanic mediation topic here for another 6-8 years.
Let it go.
WNMECH out.
Well not quite the lawsuits are stayed but in confidential mediation they failed to reach an agreement on Wed Aug 7 th 2019. So on September 1 st 2019 without an agreement on the lawsuits will return to activate status, and we will be forced to spend money in Federal court!

With the '700s leaving late this year via contract, and the MAXIES not seeing the sky anyday soon, i opine, as far as WN goes, " STAY TUNED' !!
Also, NOW would be a most opportune time for HA to really beef up their inter island flying !
' WALL-MART W/Wings ' is going to become a saga worth close scrutiny ! !

Well not quite the lawsuits are stayed but in confidential mediation they failed to reach an agreement on Wed Aug 7 th 2019. So on September 1 st 2019 without an agreement on the lawsuits will return to activate status, and we will be forced to spend money in Federal court!
AMFA was pretty disappointed that SWA went back on their agreement about these suits. The first agreement was that the suits would be dropped but all grievances will move forward. Now the co. is saying suits will remain. So much for your word meaning something huh??

AMFA was pretty disappointed that SWA went back on their agreement about these suits. The first agreement was that the suits would be dropped but all grievances will move forward. Now the co. is saying suits will remain. So much for your word meaning something huh??
Good thing our dues went up. Old saying watch what I do, not what I say.

i thought you never cared about mediation as you leaked negotiation info out from your regional amfa gig?
Not sure what your agenda is other than to protect your regional position but Im quite sure AA mx are going to come over to amfa when the association falls.

regards,

i thought you never cared about mediation as you leaked negotiation info out from your regional amfa gig?
Not sure what your agenda is other than to protect your regional position but Im quite sure AA mx are going to come over to amfa when the association falls.

regards,
What are you talking about the mediation was what AMFA just put out. There no details what their beef was. American Airlines is welcome to come to AMFA. My union rep days are done. However I do keep my contacts on both sides. The art of communication is how you move the ball.

What are you talking about the mediation was what AMFA just put out. There no details what their beef was. American Airlines is welcome to come to AMFA. My union rep days are done. However I do keep my contacts on both sides. The art of communication is how you move the ball.
I too had no clue what he was trying to bring across, and I don't think he knows either.
You didn't leak anything, none of us did. We simply pass on info we are told by either nego team at the table or even some very high leadership that are in the know and at the table.
I think he is in the belief you/I and others, leaked info, but in reality, we are just so informed of what take place at the nego table. They are not use to that at AA with their asso.. Other than that no clue what he was mouthing off about, and, out of the blue.
BTW; forgot to wish you happy contract day on the 16th. Finally nice to see changes in our hourly column of our paychecks, waited 7 long years for that. One more right around the corner that we will see on the 9-5 payday. Happy wife---Happy life...

Last edited: