WN Mechanics seek mediation

Well people had to be separated because they were about to come to blows, senior people feeling like they are being held hostage by less junior people that have not been at SWA that long it will not be pretty !
Management 101. Pit one half the workers against the other. Works every time. The company is loving it.

"TWU gave away the farm...". UAL 10 mechanics per aircraft, AA 16 mechanics per aircraft, Delta 11 mechanics per aircraft. SWA 3.3 mechanics per aircraft with a contract that allows a minimum of 2.75 mechanic per aircraft..whackman, you don't know what giving away the farm is. We don't have a rusty shed left!
Your argument is again, nonsensical One Too Many. I was speaking about pay, benefits, VC, sick time, holidays stuff you at SWA have not had cut...ever. However if you want to talk about your low AMT rate per aircraft, I will school you there too. You have one aircraft at SWA... the narrow body 737. While 2.75 is low and should be changed, SWA 737 fleet is WHOLE lot easier to maintain than a wide body 777, or a 767, or a 787, or a A330, and then add in the MD80, 737, 757, A320 series. Yes 11 different types of aircraft at AA, and two different manufacturers. AirBus and Boeing. One hell of a big difference One Too Many.

You don't have a rusty shed left? Your lucky your not at AA sniveler, you wouldn't make it.

Your argument is again, nonsensical One Too Many. I was speaking about pay, benefits, VC, sick time, holidays stuff you at SWA have not had cut...ever. However if you want to talk about your low AMT rate per aircraft, I will school you there too. You have one aircraft at SWA... the narrow body 737. While 2.75 is low and should be changed, SWA 737 fleet is WHOLE lot easier to maintain than a wide body 777, or a 767, or a 787, or a A330, and then add in the MD80, 737, 757, A320 series. Yes 11 different types of aircraft at AA, and two different manufacturers. AirBus and Boeing. One hell of a big difference One Too Many.

You don't have a rusty shed left? Your lucky your not at AA sniveler, you wouldn't make it.
I've worked on most of that stuff. You must be a rookie. An airplane is a airplane. I have worked with aa mechanics that came to SWA. They say they haven't worked this hard ever. I don't think you would cut it at SWA . AA has a mechanic and to aircraft ratio of 16 to 1. With that ratio you can have a fleet of C5's and be whistling dixie. 3.3 to 1 versus 16 to 1 is apple to oranges in workload. You have sheet metal mechs and r&e. We don't .

Our airplanes are different configurations, different interiors, some parts are effective some are not, they are not all the same

I've worked on most of that stuff. You must be a rookie. An airplane is a airplane. I have worked with aa mechanics that came to SWA. They say they haven't worked this hard ever. I don't think you would cut it at SWA . AA has a mechanic and to aircraft ratio of 16 to 1. With that ratio you can have a fleet of C5's and be whistling dixie. 3.3 to 1 versus 16 to 1 is apple to oranges in workload. You have sheet metal mechs and r&e. We don't .
Plus American ramp would back maintenance I know if push came to shove the TWU in reality wouldn't back us, beyond lip service, because they look at AMFA as a raider union, just like when the other unions did not back them at Northwest!

Again, your mixing up subjects and they come out as nonsense One Too Many. Never said SWA AMTs don't work hard. Also I have almost 30 years, so more than likely your a rookie to me. An airplane is an airplane? (You might want to inform B737, he says 737s come in many types) Well, I'll remember you said that if you ever get a 787-800 or a 777-300 at SWA, a 737 they ain't. I also don't know where you get the 16-1 at AA, it might be 11 or 12 to 1, sure isn't 16. Must be another Reamster trucker tale.

Also SWA has guys who "Triple Out" and get paid rest? Making 150k to 200k? Many are millionaires? I guess that would be nice, could not imagine it. Don't know what you would do if whiners like you didn't get all that One Too Many, and were stuck with 14 years of record setting concessions never seen before. I have not seen a double time paycheck almost half of my 30 year career....let that sink in. I haven't had a Memorial day in 14 years (I'm a veteran too) where I made more that half-pay when I worked. Let that sink in. 14 years. 5 holidays

So really, stop you whining about a T/A, get behind your union, and quit dreams of a Reamster home coming.

Last edited:
Again, your mixing up subjects and they come out as nonsense One Too Many. Never said SWA AMTs don't work hard. Also I have almost 30 years, so more than likely your a rookie to me. An airplane is an airplane? (You might want to inform B737, he says 737s come in many types) Well, I'll remember you said that if you ever get a 787-800 or a 777-300 at SWA, a 737 they ain't. I also don't know where you get the 16-1 at AA, it might be 11 or 12 to 1, sure isn't 16. Must be another Reamster trucker tale.

Also SWA has guys who "Triple Out" and get paid rest? Making 150k to 200k? Many are millionaires? I guess that would be nice, could not imagine it. Don't know what you would do if whiners like you didn't get all that One Too Many, and were stuck with 14 years of record setting concessions never seen before. I have not seen a double time paycheck almost half of my 30 year career....let that sink in. I haven't had a Memorial day in 14 years (I'm a veteran too) where I made more that half-pay when I worked. Let that sink in. 14 years. 5 holidays

So really, stop you whining about a T/A, get behind your union, and quit dreams of a Reamster home coming.
Let me ask you something you hate the association at American, you have two unions trying to get a JCBA , that doesn't even expire till 2018, even if you guys had the Teamsters that would be better than what you have, people complain about the association but it seems no one really wants to get rid of them. You are AMFA supporter, well if we can't even get a t/ a when every other group at SWA has achieved one, they don't fear us, nor respect us, especially when we this whole time have gotten 2 to 3 days a month , while your association at American has received at least when they meet 2 weeks a month. When we had the Teamsters we got more than 2 to 3 days a month. Why in God's name would you want a union that can't come to an agreement with a company making record profits, with your management team of Parker that you will have to deal with at American Airlines, I don't get it?

If you think amfa is going to come along change things you're wrong. Sounds like you need to get behind your union more than any. To make 150 to 200 at SWA you are living here. That takes 1000 plus hours of ot for that to happen. SWA's philosophy has been we want to pay you well just not alot of you. Many mechs with bad backs and pointy knees. Its not all it's cracked up to be. Lot of guys I work with can't stand the place anymore. What keeps them here is what we call the golden handcuffs. 39 years, 20 at SWA. Almost at the finish line.

There is no card drive we are waiting on a contract, when I said give it a rest I was talking about what our guys in Houston are going through, instead of fighting about an contract, SWA will lead the way taking care of their employees, while people still ***** about a contract, I swear pom pom guys seem they have to call you in for reinforcement when they feel like they are losing an argument!
No. You said the co. was doing something in Houston for our employees and AMFA was not. Wrong!! If you would have visited or received emails from the union you would have known that AMFA has in fact put out support and efforts for our fellow employees for the Houstonians. Here I will help you once again.
hurricane-150x150.png

Hurricane Relief
Due to the hurricane in Houston, there is a need to house displaced AMFA members and their families. If you have available space in your home and would be willing to help, please contact Local 11 President Dale Dixon.

All I know I'll have another is people think AMFA is done after we get this contract there were people screaming at each other in Dallas and it got heated from what I was told, so if they get kicked out Hackman can bring them to American !
Got heated in Dallas? People screaming? C'mon man you can do better than that. I have heard of nothing of the sort and I'm in Dallas.

It was probably the start of," this is the best we can do fellas" roadshow. Like we have been saying, contract gets gutted, amfa must go. Now if amfa could pull a rabbit out of its hat with a decent t/a, then they will survive.
It was NOT the start of "this is the best we can do fellas." You copied that from me on the AA threads, nice try buddy.

If you think amfa is going to come along change things you're wrong. Sounds like you need to get behind your union more than any. To make 150 to 200 at SWA you are living here. That takes 1000 plus hours of ot for that to happen. SWA's philosophy has been we want to pay you well just not alot of you. Many mechs with bad backs and pointy knees. Its not all it's cracked up to be. Lot of guys I work with can't stand the place anymore. What keeps them here is what we call the golden handcuffs. 39 years, 20 at SWA. Almost at the finish line.
1st. He is correct. There are mechanics here making what he posted. There are inspectors and leads making even more. Golden handcuffs? Please explain. If you have the cuffs I am thinking of then that is not all individuals problems. That would be a personal problem. Not saying it is not present, just saying that it is personal not wide spread is all.

You two are a joke, just as Hackman has pointed out. NO, none of us has called on him period. You two say that because he is right on. Just as we have been. Driver, I have some advice, you guys need to recall your rep. BC has forgot where he came from, get it done, make the move, it will happen.

Let me ask you something you hate the association at American, you have two unions trying to get a JCBA , that doesn't even expire till 2018, even if you guys had the Teamsters that would be better than what you have, people complain about the association but it seems no one really wants to get rid of them. You are AMFA supporter, well if we can't even get a t/ a when every other group at SWA has achieved one, they don't fear us, nor respect us, especially when we this whole time have gotten 2 to 3 days a month , while your association at American has received at least when they meet 2 weeks a month. When we had the Teamsters we got more than 2 to 3 days a month. Why in God's name would you want a union that can't come to an agreement with a company making record profits, with your management team of Parker that you will have to deal with at American Airlines, I don't get it?
I despise the way the Association was hatched by the AFl-Cio and Trumka then rammed down our throats by the NMB. We were continuously lied to that there would be a membership vote on the Association. An Association no one wanted or voted for, except the leaders of the IAm/TWu and AFl-CIo. That vote failed to happen as predicted. The corrupt NMB sided with Trumka and the Association was forced into place. All this was done to protect the IAm dues flow and the IAm failing pension fund (which many predict will be forced on AA in a new JCBA). What you have now is the IAm who won't fight with the TWu, seems to be content they got saved, got to enjoy a 22% pay raise Parker gave us out of his "goodwill", and keep all the double time pay, vacation, holidays, and low medical we had at AA before the 2003 major TWu gutting. The IAm did not enjoin the DFW and MIA TWu protests, just letters of support from Grand Lodge minions. Won't even show up because they don't want a JCBA with the AA screwing we got in 2003. In addition, no one I know at AA wanted the merger to happen except AA pilots AA F/As and Jim little of the TWu. Parker needed a dancing partner to bail out his failing airline and would probably be in Chapter 7 liquidation by now, Delta and United told US Air to merge with a middle finger, but AA unions thought they knew better. Instead, we have the twice bankrupt US Air/America West failed management style, blatant lies, and stupid slogans like "Validate the Trust", and "Team Members". Then add a sprinkling of Northwest arrogance and aggression for us AMT slugs. Parker won the AA lottery, he's making about double what Kelly is bringing in, while he lies like a rug and his bottom feeder henchmen destroy what's left of a once great airline. We are now the largest suckyest commuter "nickel and dime" airline in the world. You think it sucks working at SWA?

So why do we keep the Association at AA? Apathy and pure disgust in the process to remove them I guess. We had over 10,000 AMTs at one time, so it's a big undertaking to get a card drive started. AMFA filed cards in 2003 after a long and nasty fight to get them signed, Tulsa Base is especially difficult because of TWu indoctrination since the 40s, they don't like any change. Then AMFA had to fight a three headed monster, the far from neutral AA management, who wanted to keep the company union TWu and padded the eligibility vote list with dead people, rampers, and yes even management. The TWu and its no expense spared demonetization fight against it's own membership who desired a change in representation, all to stay in power and stay under managements desk, keeping all those special perks the TWu leadership enjoys being a lapdog. Finally and most important, the corrupt NMB, who apparently sided with the company and the company union refusing the AMFA card count, protest of the eligibility voter list, and finally rejected the request to have representation vote. The TWu crowed' 'We won the right not to have a vote!!!" Because they would have lost more than likely. Real democratic they are.

AMFA could easily give in a do what Industrial Unions have done for years, just sell out and say the infamous words: 'We'll get em next time". Well, that time is now!!! You at SWA have a good livable contract now, one of the best out there, but your AMFA/Seham hatred prevents you from seeing the forest through the trees. You miss your Reamster perks, I know the story. No airline union today can FORCE the company to give you a contract on demand, one the membership deserves for the risky and very critical jobs we perform on aircraft every day. The government stops the self help or strike as soon as it starts, ask the AA Pilots or Billdo Clinton. Can't shut down a major carrier, that would cause a hardship for the nation. Exception is, when the corrupt NMB plays along with management and lets management lock out the union and use replacement scabs like happened at NWA. Yet morons like yourself bash AMFA for standing tall and fighting at NWA, a strike was the only option with the outrageous demands by Dougie Steenland and his band of NWA henchmen. I have good friends that were in MSP at NWA, so I know what they went through. I'd like to see naysayers like you tell them they were wrong to their face. The strike was a watershed moment for labor, and they were hung out to dry by labor unions like the IAm and TWu. Now we are all paying for it. All I will say on NWA.

I am an unapologetic AMFA supporter. I think Dells' vision of all AMT's in one union is a great idea and one that has never been realized unfortunately. A catch all industrial union can't do the job for the AMTs, ask us AMTs at AA who are still under a horrible bankruptcy TWu contract after 14 years. Then you can whine like a school girl after you have lived what we have suffered. You think your not respected or feared at SWA? Cry me some crocodile tears son, you don't know what your talking about. Trust me.

Last edited:
No. You said the co. was doing something in Houston for our employees and AMFA was not. Wrong!! If you would have visited or received emails from the union you would have known that AMFA has in fact put out support and efforts for our fellow employees for the Houstonians. Here I will help you once again.
hurricane-150x150.png

Hurricane Relief
Due to the hurricane in Houston, there is a need to house displaced AMFA members and their families. If you have available space in your home and would be willing to help, please contact Local 11 President Dale Dixon.

Got heated in Dallas? People screaming? C'mon man you can do better than that. I have heard of nothing of the sort and I'm in Dallas.

It was NOT the start of "this is the best we can do fellas." You copied that from me on the AA threads, nice try buddy.

1st. He is correct. There are mechanics here making what he posted. There are inspectors and leads making even more. Golden handcuffs? Please explain. If you have the cuffs I am thinking of then that is not all individuals problems. That would be a personal problem. Not saying it is not present, just saying that it is personal not wide spread is all.

You two are a joke, just as Hackman has pointed out. NO, none of us has called on him period. You two say that because he is right on. Just as we have been. Driver, I have some advice, you guys need to recall your rep. BC has forgot where he came from, get it done, make the move, it will happen.

I despise the way the Association was hatched by the AFl-Cio and Trumka then rammed down our throats by the NMB. We were continuously lied to that there would be a membership vote on the Association. An Association no one wanted or voted for, except the leaders of the IAm/TWu and AFl-CIo. That vote failed to happen as predicted. The corrupt NMB sided with Trumka and the Association was forced into place. All this was done to protect the IAm dues flow and the IAm failing pension fund (which many predict will be forced on AA in a new JCBA). What you have now is the IAm who won't fight with the TWu, seems to be content they got saved, got to enjoy a 22% pay raise Parker gave us out of his "goodwill", and keep all the double time pay, vacation, holidays, and low medical we had at AA before the 2003 major TWu gutting. The IAm did not enjoin the DFW and MIA TWu protests, just letters of support from Grand Lodge minions. Won't even show up because they don't want a JCBA with the AA screwing we got in 2003. In addition, no one I know at AA wanted the merger to happen except AA pilots AA F/As and Jim little of the TWu. Parker needed a dancing partner to bail out his failing airline and would probably be in Chapter 7 liquidation by now, Delta and United told US Air to merge with a middle finger, but AA unions thought they knew better. Instead, we have the twice bankrupt US Air/America West failed management style, blatant lies, and stupid slogans like "Validate the Trust", and "Team Members". Then add a sprinkling of Northwest arrogance and aggression for us AMT slugs. Parker won the AA lottery, he's making about double what Kelly is bringing in, while he lies like a rug and his bottom feeder henchmen destroy what's left of a once great airline. We are now the largest suckyest commuter "nickel and dime" airline in the world. You think it sucks working at SWA?

So why do we keep the Association at AA? Apathy and pure disgust in the process to remove them I guess. We had over 10,000 AMTs at one time, so it's a big undertaking to get a card drive started. AMFA filed cards in 2003 after a long and nasty fight to get them signed, Tulsa Base is especially difficult because of TWu indoctrination since the 40s, they don't like any change. Then AMFA had to fight a three headed monster, the far from neutral AA management, who wanted to keep the company union TWu and padded the eligibility vote list with dead people, rampers, and yes even management. The TWu and its no expense spared demonetization fight against it's own membership who desired a change in representation, all to stay in power and stay under managements desk, keeping all those special perks the TWu leadership enjoys being a lapdog. Finally and most important, the corrupt NMB, who apparently sided with the company and the company union refusing the AMFA card count, protest of the eligibility voter list, and finally rejected the request to have representation vote. The TWu crowed' 'We won the right not to have a vote!!!" Because they would have lost more than likely. Real democratic they are.

AMFA could easily give in a do what Industrial Unions have done for years, just sell out and say the infamous words: 'We'll get em next time". Well, that time is now!!! You at SWA have a good livable contract now, one of the best out there, but your AMFA/Seham hatred prevents you from seeing the forest through the trees. You miss your Reamster perks, I know the story. No airline union today can FORCE the company to give you a contract on demand, one the membership deserves for the risky and very critical jobs we perform on aircraft every day. The government stops the self help or strike as soon as it starts, ask the AA Pilots or Billdo Clinton. Can't shut down a major carrier, that would cause a hardship for the nation. Exception is, when the corrupt NMB plays along with management and lets management lock out the union and use replacement scabs like happened at NWA. Yet morons like yourself bash AMFA for standing tall and fighting at NWA, a strike was the only option with the outrageous demands by Dougie Steenland and his band of NWA henchmen. I have good friends that were in MSP at NWA, so I know what they went through. I'd like to see naysayers like you tell them they were wrong to their face. The strike was a watershed moment for labor, and they were hung out to dry by labor unions like the IAm and TWu. Now we are all paying for it. All I will say on NWA.

I am an unapologetic AMFA supporter. I think Dells' vision of all AMT's in one union is a great idea and one that has never been realized unfortunately. A catch all industrial union can't do the job for the AMTs, ask us AMTs at AA who are still under a horrible bankruptcy TWu contract after 14 years. Then you can whine like a school girl after you have lived what we have suffered. You think your not respected or feared at SWA? Cry me some crocodile tears son, you don't know what your talking about. Trust me.
Never said it sucks working at SWA, This company does not fear AMFA plain and simple, rank and file are scared beyound holding a sign, people are mad, and you guys can say what you want and hold up your pom poms, they the negotiating committee knows whatever comes out will pass plain and simple, or they would put it out to prove a no vote, they will not, and Hackman you will never get rid of the association at American because people do not care, so there are no crocodile years here. I feel sorry for you, because you think AMFA would solve your problems when they can't solve ours at SWA and everyone knows it !

Back