Woman's Arizona airport death accidental

Hate to break the news to you Leperchaun but "Seatacus" is one of the "Good Ones" and works/worked for the REAL Us Airways. Not this wannabe airline that is trying to play big airline with a regional mentality. Show some respect.

Thanks Piney, I am so glad I am out of this business. Funny thing is now I will be traveling for business.

Thanks Piney, I am so glad I am out of this business. Funny thing is now I will be traveling for business.

"I am so glad I am out of this business" Fully understood.

"Funny thing is now I will be traveling for business."

Cue up Al Pacino: "Just when I thought I was out...They pull me back IN!" :lol:

Take Care/Best Wishes for a fine future :up:

PS: To not be a thread distractor; This unfortunate lady's demise, imho, was in no way shape or form the fault of any other than herself, the local constables, and her evidently utterly unconcerned family...That anyone's to properly be expected to be driven to the point of virtual insanity via the contemporary air travel enviornment's noted.

Autopsy: Az. airport death accidental By PAUL DAVENPORT, Associated Press Writer
38 minutes ago

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071109/ap_on_...s/airport_death

PHOENIX - A woman who died in police custody during an airport layover was intoxicated on a potent mix of alcohol and antidepressants and accidentally strangled herself on her shackles, an autopsy released Friday concludes. .

This is a sad state of affairs all the way around.
She was someone's wife, daughter, and mother who happened to be a very sick woman.
May she rest in peace.

"I am so glad I am out of this business" Fully understood.

"Funny thing is now I will be traveling for business."

Cue up Al Pacino: "Just when I thought I was out...They pull me back IN!" :lol:

Take Care/Best Wishes for a fine future :up:

PS: To not be a thread distractor; This unfortunate lady's demise, imho, was in no way shape or form the fault of any other than herself, the local constables, and her evidently utterly unconcerned family...That anyone's to properly be expected to be driven to the point of virtual insanity via the contemporary air travel enviornment's noted.

I'd go one step further and take the local constables out of your statement. They were just doing their jobs in trying to control a person with major problems who was acting "crazy". I think the bulk of the blame lies with the woman's family for not sending somebody to accompany her. They knew she was volatile and unstable, but yet did nothing to keep her safe especially from herself. I'd say the blame lies completely with the family.

I'd go one step further and take the local constables out of your statement. They were just doing their jobs in trying to control a person with major problems who was acting "crazy". I think the bulk of the blame lies with the woman's family for not sending somebody to accompany her. They knew she was volatile and unstable, but yet did nothing to keep her safe especially from herself. I'd say the blame lies completely with the family.

next, stop, the thread about the focus group they have and how wonderful the service is on US :rolleyes:

next, stop, the thread about the focus group they have and how wonderful the service is on US :rolleyes:

Who do you think you are??? You have no right whatsoever to insult me just because my views differ from yours. And for your information, if US Airways didnt take such good care of me, I'd be flying another airline. US Airways is not the best airline out nor is it the worst!! They take good care of me, fly me to where in need to go in a fairly comfortable manner and even more importantly, they get me there safely.

I beg to differ! If they were doing their jobs, she wouldn't have died.

Blaming the family makes no sense. The family didn't take her into custody and leave her in a room by herself. The cops were negligent, plain and simple.

Who do you think you are??? You have no right whatsoever to insult me just because my views differ from yours. And for your information, if US Airways didnt take such good care of me, I'd be flying another airline. US Airways is not the best airline out nor is it the worst!! They take good care of me, fly me to where in need to go in a fairly comfortable manner and even more importantly, they get me there safely.

" they get me there safely." That much..I can promise you that we'll always strive to do to the utmost of our abilities and experience.....much of the rest is often out of our hands. Should any degree of a "hell" actually exist?...I can think of no finer way to directly qualify for such than to allow for any trusting people within one's care to be harmed.

I beg to differ! If they were doing their jobs, she wouldn't have died.

Blaming the family makes no sense. The family didn't take her into custody and leave her in a room by herself. The cops were negligent, plain and simple.

The only people that were negligent, were the family. Had at least one family member cared enough about their loved one, they would have never let her travel alone!!! The cops did everything the should have and did it by the book. Cops are law enforcement officers and not babysitters. They have more important things then to constantly watch one person. If the cops had a crystal ball and could have seen she was a "crazy" person and not just some drunk, they probably would have watched over it. But alas, cops dont have crystal balls.

Most pilots I know hide behind the cockpit door. I've had to pull many a disruptive passenger off an aircraft. When it comes to problem passengers, the crews call for the gate agent or supervisor to deal with them. So while your trembling in your cockpit, don't you dare quesion how I deal with problem passengers.
I am not sure but I think thats why you get a pay check to do your job to deal with passengers I think the flight crew has to do with things like flying, the ground crew does their thing and the mechanics fix things so instead complainig about your job mybe do what you get paid to do

Attachments

• imagesq.jpg
    imagesq.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 241