Woman's Arizona airport death accidental

The problem with that answer is the Captain is in charge of the flight. While some may say that it is only the Captain's responsibility once the aircraft leaves the gate, I do not subscribe to that theory. There are things that occur prior to pushback that the Captain needs to know, especially if a FA thinks they are about to take a problem situation into the air.

As for what Captains do, some stay up front and don't come out for any reason and some want to be more personally involved. Frankly, I don't care which method they use as long as they use it. After all, once that plane leaves the gate the Captain needs to trust the factual observations of the cabin crew regarding various contingencies and whatever gets the Captain to that trust point is fine with me.

I have searched and can't get find clear statements from officials in Phoenix and the airlines about some very basic things.

She had been travelling all day and was tired. She had a chest cold or flu and was taking medicine for it. The assumption that a few drinks gave her enormous energy seems an odd conclusion and the people making the decisions were not doctors.

There was no reason to do everything too quickly to think about who she was, where she was going, what her problem was and get help to assess what was wrong with her. No one forced the police to quickly decide she was drunk not sick.

No one has explained what she was doing as she sat for hours trying to get to Tucson, It seems she was docile and calm until they would not let her board for the second time in a row. It is not clear whether each flight was overbooked and why they did not put her on the second flight when they had said they would do that.

Phoenix has not explained what sick people have to do to convince their police they really are very sick. Carol could not.

I don't see how most people could never lose their temper at the kind of treatment she got.

While she was being refused permission to board for the second time, her husband was talking to the airline people. They have not explained why they did not tell him they were having his wife arrested instead of letting her fly to Tucson. He was on the phone with them just before they did that.

Phoenix is calling taking cold medicine and prescription medicine for depression drug abuse to justify what they did. They are calling the natural effects of those intoxication, They say a quarter of a percent of alcohol was too much to drive. They don't explain why it was too much to sit on an airplane.

In a world friendly to strangers, the sick, and the children of the dead, Phoenix and the airlines would explain all of the above and more rather than saying almost nothing or saying things which are contradictory.