YYZ Changes post merger

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Not surprisingly US is moving from T1 to T3 (where non Star Alliance carriers operate at Pearson), wonder what operational changes there will be given US' ties to Star. YYZ has long been a strong market for AA, although it seems US doesn't send mainline aircraft and has a fairly small operation that doesn't even serve all hubs. Anyone heard anything specific? Hopefully the BOS Eagle flights resume as US FFs lose the Star affiliation with AC, AA will see the value of serving the route again.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
I assume that BOS-YYZ would once again make sense, especially now that the pilot contract is no longer an impediment to commuter planes serving BOS.   Should be doable with 2-class 76 seaters.   

For the edification of observers - the former APA agreement prohibited AA from contracting for commuter flights in/out of BOS unless they were flown by the wholly-owned American Eagle, and when AA was publicly talking about spinning off Eagle, it ended all regional flights at BOS (even began mainline 738s between JFK and BOS).   The new pilot contract no longer prohibits non-wholly-owned commuter flights at BOS.  

737823 said:
Not surprisingly US is moving from T1 to T3 (where non Star Alliance carriers operate at Pearson), wonder what operational changes there will be given US' ties to Star. YYZ has long been a strong market for AA, although it seems US doesn't send mainline aircraft and has a fairly small operation that doesn't even serve all hubs. Anyone heard anything specific? Hopefully the BOS Eagle flights resume as US FFs lose the Star affiliation with AC, AA will see the value of serving the route again.

Josh

Kind of sad that US, a member of * alliance, could not even manage to run mainline aircraft from their hub(s) to another * alliance hub.  Pathetic!  I recall prior to US joining * (around 2002 or 2003) they still had mainline to PHL (and CLT too I think).  What happened?

As an aside, I think AA runs 2-3 daily YYZ-JFK flights.  If AA needed a few extra slots at JFK, this route could be a source since international connections now departing from JFK could in the future be shifted via PHL, for example.

Just like it's sad that UA, a founding member of *A couldn't fly mainline jets between their major hubs at IAD/EWR to YYZ and only 3 from ORD? Maybe the traffic just doesn't warrant mainline flights, especially with all the connections offered and since AC has nonstop flights to a lot more cities from YYZ than it used to have in the past.

Reactions: 1 person
There used to be PHX-YYZ mainline.  It was dropped several years ago.  Really good loads too. The flight was legacy America West.
AC was running a E190 then when the US flight dropped, they started running a 321.  Lately its a 319. 

Latest posts