2015 Fleet Service thread

bob@las-AA said:

In life, someone is always better off at the expense of someone else, I intend to get mine.
Wow. 
Again, you sound like such an awesome person to work with. 

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
So CB and P.Rez getting YOU $4 now $5 more per hour is not something you consider to be a dramatic improvement? They negotiated it and held firm on your SCOPE in those talks as well.
If you're ok with the "possibility" of being displaced if that language changes then by all means you should tell them to hurry up and get the job done.
You know who put out that update and you also know it was the perspective of just one person sitting in that room that was kind enough to share his viewpoint. If this winds up being the overall opinion on that viewpoint then he should honestly just discontinue from sharing it.
Yep the mighty IAM ONLY took 5 years (half a decade) to get me that raise just so I can STILL be the lowest paid in the industry!!

Reactions: 3 people
bob@las-AA said:

In life, someone is always better off at the expense of someone else, I intend to get mine.
You are truly not a union member, go into management.

Reactions: 3 people
Black Magic said:
Yep the mighty IAM ONLY took 5 years (half a decade) to get me that raise just so I can STILL be the lowest paid in the industry!!
You werent in Section 6 negotiations for five years.

And you are making $24.39 an hour, go ask RR at DL what they make or any ramp service company.

700UW said:
You werent in Section 6 negotiations for five years.

And you are making $24.39 an hour, go ask RR at DL what they make or any ramp service company.
I don't give two flips what they make over there. AA is making the highest profits in company history and the iam delivers this rag of a contract IN section 6 negotiations!!

Reactions: 4 people
Albert said:
If the company is pushing to farm out and displace hundreds of people  Then Im fine with waiting until this current contract is over. At least get to the table and see what they have to offer. CB and Prez although good people, would not have gotten us that kind of money without the merger. You are somewhat  to the union( not as extreme) what WT is to DL. Im somewhere in the middle and open minded and iVe been here since I was 18 years old and have seen and heard a lot
This was a reasonable comment. They have 2 more weeks in a row together and hopefully that finishes their work for what they want to negotiate for. They've also asked the company for their proposal already so the formality of sitting across from each other "should" be next month? IMO.

Black Magic said:
What was your ticker symbol on the NYSE? (LCC) Blame whoever you want but you can't draw blood from a stone. It's always easier to lay out the blame card then it is at trying to understand the full picture.

bob@las-AA said:

You  would be suprised how many people actually feel this way but keep it to themselves. It will be  an interesting vote if there is a huge wage increase attached

Black Magic said:
I don't give two flips what they make over there. AA is making the highest profits in company history and the iam delivers this rag of a contract IN section 6 negotiations!!
Funny your brothers and sisters overwhelming ratified.

Reactions: 1 person
WeAAsles said:
This was a reasonable comment. They have 2 more weeks in a row together and hopefully that finishes their work for what they want to negotiate for. They've also asked the company for their proposal already so the formality of sitting across from each other "should" be next month? IMO.
Im frustrated that they are not at the table, more so im frustrated they are only working at it 7 days a month. When they get to the table I'll stop being such an annoying  A/H

WeAAsles said:
What was your ticker symbol on the NYSE? (LCC) Blame whoever you want but you can't draw blood from a stone. It's always easier to lay out the blame card then it is at trying to understand the full picture.
Blame is the cornerstone of the Iam/twu. That is the whole ruse of how they operate. Iam was in section 6 negotiations right when the company was headed record profits and it sold out for what seemed like alot but was really 30 peaces of silver. Had the neg team grown a pair or not took the bribe, whatever and held strong they could have brought forth a much sweeter deal. As typical 699 likes to put the blame on membership now being the iam mouthpeace, pulled his favorite excuse out of the barrel, almost any contract would have passed when you beat the workforce down for that long.

Bob. Wld u rather have a contract that says u no longer will have a job? Wld want mcds type wages no Benes? Bec u sound like u do based on ur posts. I prefer bestest scope high wages. No lay off

robbedagain said:
Bob. Wld u rather have a contract that says u no longer will have a job? Wld want mcds type wages no Benes? Bec u sound like u do based on ur posts. I prefer bestest scope high wages. No lay off
No but he would rather have a contract that says you don't have a job.