2015 Fleet Service thread

Black Magic said:
Blame is the cornerstone of the Iam/twu. That is the whole ruse of how they operate. Iam was in section 6 negotiations right when the company was headed record profits and it sold out for what seemed like alot but was really 30 peaces of silver. Had the neg team grown a pair or not took the bribe, whatever and held strong they could have brought forth a much sweeter deal. As typical 699 likes to put the blame on membership now being the iam mouthpeace, pulled his favorite excuse out of the barrel, almost any contract would have passed when you beat the workforce down for that long.
Can you tell me the percentage that your members PASSED the TA by? And your District didn't even put out the fancy full colored glossy panorama that they put out for the UAL contract. It was put out with no special fanfare and left to stand on its own merit, and it passed. OVERWHELMING.

So I guess you feel that the majority of people you work with are stupid then? Bet you don't go around telling them that face to face.

Reactions: 1 person
Albert said:
Im frustrated that they are not at the table, more so im frustrated they are only working at it 7 days a month. When they get to the table I'll stop being such an annoying  A/H
Alright I'm fine with the frustration. I'm actually again very glad they didn't get us locked in before this new turn of events. (The FA'S are now locked in and out)

When they do get in now though let's not automatically assume that any meeting delays are the fault of the Association. It takes 2 to Tango and 2 to schedule meetings.

mike33 said:
This thread ought to be dead in less than a week. 
I must admit, maybe not a ton of substance, but a little surprised it's still alive and kicking. Even more surprised that it has more comments posted than the other "work group thread". I would guess as more rumors, emails, bi monthly meetings occur, the activity will pick up.
Time will tell.  B)

Albert said:
You  would be suprised how many people actually feel this way but keep it to themselves. It will be  an interesting vote if there is a huge wage increase attached
Trying to respond via iPhone is next to impossible, I will get on at home and share thoughts. But to all that have jet net, look at the latest town hall in PHL, Isom talks about SCOPE.

WeAAsles said:
Alright I'm fine with the frustration. I'm actually again very glad they didn't get us locked in before this new turn of events. (The FA'S are now locked in and out)

When they do get in now though let's not automatically assume that any meeting delays are the fault of the Association. It takes 2 to Tango and 2 to schedule meetings.
 In this case I think the union isnt ready yet. I also get the impression that the union and company are more than cordial to one another

bob@las-AA said:
Trying to respond via iPhone is next to impossible, I will get on at home and share thoughts. But to all that have jet net, look at the latest town hall in PHL, Isom talks about SCOPE.
Although Ive been wrong quite a bit the last two weeks I just dont think the company is going to ask for something draconian. i think they want to get this done.On another note keep in mind AA farms out alot of their CSA work compared to US.So if you approach the AA people and say keep scope like it is and you will get $8 hour raise. They might not put up that much of a fight and they are the majority

Albert said:
In this case I think the union isnt ready yet. I also get the impression that the union and company are more than cordial to one another
If they were ready 100% then they wouldn't be in Chicago right now and have another week scheduled for Dallas the following week. Maybe that Dallas meeting will morph into something with the company? We'll see?

As far as being cordial. Should they go in being confrontational right off the bat? We'll see how things progress as items get tougher to agree to down the line?

I know that the company did a great job in helping to move that I Beam from the Twin Towers up to our Brothers and Sisters at NASA. Call it being cordial or just a noble thing, that's up to you to decide?

But I'm not an idiot to expect there won't be bumps in the road either.

700UW said:
11059710_10207791292644708_1051918792371374324_n.jpg

The letter makes some good points about how Delta being non union can do what it wants when it wants. As for the association meetings, they had quite a bit of time to talk about things since the government approved the merger. Also, it would be interesting to know what Deltas benefit package is as far as medical. The ready reserve sounds like it would be hard to keep help from walking any time they felt like it. I wonder what percentage of Deltas work group is ready reserve? I hope the unions can give the members a detailed comparison list of the other airlines deals for their employees. This way people really know what they are voting for. I don't think the work force is blinded by money, despite the 12 year pay cut. In all that time the work force did a pretty good job for the company despite all the negatives thrown at us by weak management who really looked to take care of themselves.

If you haven't listened to the PHL town hall, you need to go watch Robert skate. I also think it's very telling.
It would be video #9 CWA-IBT.

bob@las-AA said:
I believe that most of his comments on scope pertained to the questions asked by the CWA rep. Her group has several small stations with no mainline flying that are staffed with top scale ML employees. The rest was about the group that drives carts and pushes wheelchairs.

AANOTOK said:
If you haven't listened to the PHL town hall, you need to go watch Robert skate. I also think it's very telling.
Look for United model style proposals in negotiations. This is what is going on with CWA/IBT. Management uses this as a tool

AANOTOK said:

He did say that they have to be mindful of what's being done over at UAL and Delta. One comment that was very telling was how he stated that they didn't intend on bringing the vendors over to AA at those high wages. My guess is that he was talking about the red coats mostly on the AA side for that one.

Putting the organized groups contract in with the work rules and outsourced jobs for the AA peeps I think was always going to be a lot more difficult then melding our two CBA's in Fleet. It doesn't take being a Rocket Scientist to think what the company is going to want and ask for when we get to the SCOPE part of our talks?

Remember in the Contract that our US Brothers and Sisters got, the Station Staffing language had the comment "Until a JCBA is ratified" Implying at least that the Company doesn't plan on agreeing to make that a permanent item.   

wings396 said:
I believe that most of his comments on scope pertained to the questions asked by the CWA rep. Her group has several small stations with no mainline flying that are staffed with top scale ML employees. The rest was about the group that drives carts and pushes wheelchairs.
To me, it just lays the ground work for all work groups. While he is responding to the rep you refer to, he is speaking to all. To pay a majority of the current employees Delta plus, there needs to be less of them (outsource) and any future new hires will make significantly less, maybe with an extremely slow progression scale. Just my opinion as to what I read between the lines.