AAL Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
silverbird007 said:
Why was it removed? That freak needs to be on ignore, they should remove his/her a** from the board ! Strange person whatever it is. Probably got an ax to grind. The ignore feature is the best way to clean out trash. If everybody would put he/she on ignore would be the best thing to get rid of the freak.
Try clicking on report at bottom left.  Tell the moderators.  He was perm removed from other forums in the past.  Use the tools in front of you.  If everyone would honestly report him, showing truthfull reasons and facts, pretty sure he would be removed guys, use the tolls available...

Reactions: 1 person
except what you and others don't seem to grasp is that there is nothing against the terms of service of this website in providing factual information, even if it is what you want.

Don't bother the moderators because you don't like the facts I present.

We know full well that what you want is a world where no one says anything except that WN's salaries will continue to go up like they have in the past and don't want anyone to note that WN's on-time is now one of the lowest in the industry, or that WN is now facing yet another multi-million fine for maintenance violations.

Those are facts.

If you don't like them, may I suggest that participating in an industry discussion is probably not the right activity for you.

specific to the topic here, which I am happy to discuss and nothing else, AAL stock will reflect the company's performance which is strong.

The caveat is that AA facing most of their merger integration challenges as well as increased competitive challenges, most of which will come from WN.

Wow. 25% (3002 and counting) of all of your posts have been voted down. I can see now why you were paid to leave Delta. I would bet that many would donate to the Airline Forums for you to go away.

Reactions: 5 people
If WT has indeed sunk below -3000, that probably a board record, considering just a few months ago he was in positive territory.

But, try to remember... he's in control. Just like this guy thought he was in control...

capture__200133.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
WT I've said it before is like the neighbor that keeps coming around to bother everyone on the block that they all wish he would just move away. His only emphasis is to bother and annoy everyone. He gets his jollys and kicks from it. He has to know that not a single person on the forums respects or listens to his opinion but he's going to tell you it anyway.

That's why and I'll say it again. He's either mentally ill or paid to continue here? Can anyone give me another reason?

Reactions: 4 people
eolesen said:
If WT has indeed sunk below -3000, that probably a board record, considering just a few months ago he was in positive territory.But, try to remember... he's in control. Just like this guy thought he was in control...
capture__200133.jpg
It doesn't bother him obviously in the slightest that he has zero credibility and even more, zero likability. He continues to carry on just to annoy people.

Reactions: 2 people
Wow. 25% (3002 and counting) of all of your posts have been voted down. I can see now why you were paid to leave Delta. I would bet that many would donate to the Airline Forums for you to go away.
except that despite E's campaign, participation in airline forums is not a popularity contest.

What you and E and a dozen other people don't grasp is that this is an open general aviation discussion forum in which relevant topics are open for discussion.

E and others have repeatedly been dead wrong and defensive about topic after topic regarding business aspects of the industry.

I could care less what reputation score you want to give me - but I will tell you that I will give you every ounce of the -3000 that you have bothered to give me.

If you don't want to hear from me, then don't start topics like this one about why AAL stock has done so great if you don't want to read quotes from industry experts you have made valid comparisons of AAL performance to that of other airlines.

It is precisely your focus on me that gives me all the control I need and proves that you and others really can't discuss the business issues that are being discussed.

Repeatedly, it is YOU ALL, not me that takes the discussion to a personal level instead of focusing on the topic at hand.

Specific to this one, AAL stock has probably reached a plateau based on a strong industry runup but a number of basic industry fundamentals, particularly around AA's balance sheet and high level of indebtedness will limit its ability to grow relative to other carriers in the industry.

if your answer to open and honest conversation is to shut it off, then you will find few supporters.

In the case of this topic, AAL stock ran up because they looked like the hottest thing in the industry.

After another quarter, UAL isn't out of the game and other carriers including ALK, DAL, and LUV all have much stronger balance sheets than AAL.

Investors look at that stuff despite the fact that you are mesmerized by the new car smell of a merger including their performance in NYC where they have given away billions of dollars in revenue to other carriers, predominantly DL.

AA's network will shrink as a result of Parker realizing all of those new routes don't really make money.

There is another round of cuts coming.

Please make sure everyone lists every DL cut - I guess we forgot about CVG , MEM, NRT etc

If DL makes cuts it's OK if AA does it's because it's poorly managed - the comments on AA just don't cut it

It would be foolish to say routes won't be cut however there is no announcements of mainline aircraft being parked so in true US fashion metal will be deployed where one can make money

I guess when aa does it it's a shocking adjustment due to bad strategy - when DL does it it's a strategic play

Once again too lopsided in your arguments

Reactions: 3 people
Nope, I have specifically said that it is GOOD that AA is making these cuts.

AA added capacity during their BK even while the rest of the industry is cutting.

IT IS GOOD THAT FLIGHTS ARE BEING CUT NOW. Other carriers have been doing it for years and it is why the industry is making money.

Industry analysts noted that transatlantic capacity was too high and that is precisely where AA is cutting.

problem is that costs have to come out when revenue falls.

AA's labor costs took a huge jump in the most recent quarter as pay raises kicked in.

AA has to get labor costs down in order to match the reduced level of flying - or redeploy that flying elsewhere.
I have yet to see announcements showing where AA will redeploy its longhaul int'l capacity that is being cancelled this winter. If you can shed light, we'd all love to know.

WorldTraveler said:
except that despite E's campaign, participation in airline forums is not a popularity contest.
My campaign? Thanks for the credit, but your decline was your own doing, Skippy. Last time my signature had the big red arrow in it was January 30th.

Let's be clear on the timeline... Your activities with Spectator were outed in May 2012. That's over two years ago.

Sometime around Thanksgiving 2013, you still had a positive score.

You were then down to -1000 on or around the end of May 2014 (someone mentioned your score in a post... go search on it).

Since then, you've dropped another -2000.

If you want to claim that my posting about your faux account 27 months ago is why your score has dropped precipitously in the past 9 months, then have at it.

I'll maintain that you've earned your own reputation here without any help from me or others.

Your latest dive in the reputation department started when AA's 1Q earnings report came out, and went deeper after the Love Field decision went against DL. Your latest few meltdowns haven't helped.

Given the tone you took with everyone on just those two topics I mentioned, it's pretty obvious to any reasonable person that whatever down-voting was going on is purely a reflection of how you address people.

But, since you like proof, perhaps you could check with one of your friends, like the moderator providing all your alleged lawsuit discovery material. Have them pull my voting record. It would be awfully disappointing, though. It won't prove your argument.

This is the last time I'm going to bring up the timeline.

If you choose continue to lie and make false accusations, feel free to do so.

The facts, however, point in a totally different direction from your repeated false assertion that I'm to blame for how people perceive your writing.

Bring up the false accusation again, and I'll be reporting your posts as libelous, which is what it amounts to.

It is precisely your focus on me that gives me all the control I need and proves that you and others really can't discuss the business issues that are being discussed.
Really? Seems that we discuss plenty of business issues, even with your interruptions. Maybe it's just that the rest of us realise when consensus is reached or when we've reached the point where we know the other guy won't change his mind.

Knowing when to stop talking about something is a skill I'd think that would come in handy for your current line of work...

Reactions: 11 people
Its called downtime for heavy maintenance visits as heavy is done on widebodies during the annual pulldown.  Also the PMUS widebodies will all have to be painted during this time also.

Status
Not open for further replies.