American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

SWA tried same thing with us. When you follow the procedures your Airline set up with the MPM and SRM, and Maintenance Manual that's not a job action. Our Airplanes were out of service for legitimate write ups. Not tray tables, or something you could put on mel. Waiting for our results today. You were sold out, and it will take a long time to get a contract. There are two kinds of shrills playing both sides company shrills, and union shrills, you decide which one Weazz is?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Without fleet service Buck with No me too clauses if you had your own union, you might almost be done. Depending on the company.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. swamt

swamt Veteran

This is exactly why you fleet boys should be mouthing off about mechanic info. You have no clue what you are talking about.
    Typical scare tactic from someone who has no clue.
    The co. can not do anything about legit write ups gentlemen. Period. They can threat, they can intimidate, and they can even fire mechanics if they really wanna push it, but remember, legit write-ups!!! Co. tries to stop it "make that call", PERIOD...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Have you guys reached 7 years yet? That vote of yours seems to be taking an awfully long time.

Don’t answer. I don’t actually give a chit.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

No one cares about SWA. You seem to have real difficulties seeing that.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  6. swamt

swamt Veteran

And how long have you reached weezal??? Hey at least we saved outsourcing, kept what we already have. Will your asso do the same weez???

• Winner Winner x 3
  7. swamt

swamt Veteran

Wanna bet? You are the one that has real difficulty understanding that people do indeed follow the industry and do care what comes out at SWA today, guarantee you this...

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Like I care Weazz! You Fleet guys would be done if you didn't have maintenance in your contract talks. Our TWU ramp seems to do o.k.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

No one cares about SWA. You seem to have real difficulties seeing that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. swamt

swamt Veteran

Then why did you ask? You really are a clown.

American Airlines Contract Negotiations: The Latest | FOX23

American Airlines Sues Mechanics Unions - The Wall Street ...

Same thing happened to us guys. Don't let it bother you, just keep doing your legal and ethical jobs. Don't let the co intimidate you guys...

OOPS!! I meant to post this in the mechanics thread where it matters most and they care...

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

He cares about the reactions he gets from his posts. He’s completely addicted to the dopamine rush that comes with each one.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

And it looks like he likes cupcakes!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Who's we?

14. swamt

swamt Veteran

How quickly you seem to forget there little weezal. Was it not YOU who requested more SWA info from driver? I do believe it was, indeed. Just helping out in anyway I can. Matter fact here are some more info on SWA, the industry and the Alaska mechanics current nego's. Happy reading.
    driver, you may want to repost this one just to make sure he gets it, ok? Thanks.

National Director's April 2019 Update
    May 6, 2019 -- The Aerospace Maintenance Competition (AMC) was held on April 8-11, 2019, in Atlanta, GA. AMFA was once again a proud corporate sponsor of this event that promotes aircraft maintenance technicians (AMTs) and highlights the knowledge, skill, and integrity of our craft. There were 82 teams in this year’s competition, consisting of military, students, and airlines from around the world.
    Read More

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #76
    May 8, 2019 -- Ratification bonus amounts as described in Letter of Agreement #4 (LOA #4) have been calculated by the AMFA–SWA Negotiating Committee and our economist from payroll data provided by Southwest Airlines. The Company will now verify that AMFA’s calculations do not exceed the $160M ratification bonus amount agreed upon in the TA. Following this review, SWA will send an email to your Company email address, which will set forth the ratification bonus amount you will receive if the TA is ratified.
    Read More

Joint Update: AMFA-ASA Virgin America Transition Agreement Discussions
    May 16, 2019 -- Representatives for AMFA and Alaska Airlines met in Seattle, WA on May 14, 2019, to continue discussions regarding a Transition Agreement to bring the Legacy Virgin American (Airbus) Aircraft Maintenance Technicians under the AMFA CBA and an Integrated Seniority List. During this session Alaska provided information that was requested by AMFA related to the terms of the other agreements on the property as well as other AMT groups in the industry. Neither side presented any additional proposals.
    Read More

Those are the 3 latest updates. Hey Weez, there will be another today in about, oh, say within a couple hours after we get the SWA/AMFA T/A vote results as it will end voting at 10 am, about 5 mins away, will share more with you when I get it weez...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

He seems to have made up a new scenario in his mind from something I wrote that was said over one of the TWU Podcasts by I think Gary Peterson.

He’s made a posting on his FB Group page using my real name saying that I’m an advisor to John Samuelsen and that the Association has demanded to take the UAL Fleet Agreement for us to vote on.

The longer this drags out the more this kooks mind seems to run away from him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. swamt

swamt Veteran

I know. I'm just pushing buttons and having a little fun at his expense. LOL.