American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one cares about SWA. You seem to have real difficulties seeing that.
Wanna bet? You are the one that has real difficulty understanding that people do indeed follow the industry and do care what comes out at SWA today, guarantee you this...

Have you guys reached 7 years yet? That vote of yours seems to be taking an awfully long time.

Don’t answer. I don’t actually give a chit.
Like I care Weazz! You Fleet guys would be done if you didn't have maintenance in your contract talks. Our TWU ramp seems to do o.k.

Have you guys reached 7 years yet? That vote of yours seems to be taking an awfully long time.

Don’t answer. I don’t actually give a chit.
Then why did you ask? You really are a clown.

American Airlines Contract Negotiations: The Latest | FOX23

American Airlines Sues Mechanics Unions - The Wall Street ...

Same thing happened to us guys. Don't let it bother you, just keep doing your legal and ethical jobs. Don't let the co intimidate you guys...

OOPS!! I meant to post this in the mechanics thread where it matters most and they care...

That is awful. If our proposal is now the United contract then we lose most everything union related. The Association will make out like a bandit though with the unlimited part time. Virtually doubles the membership and dues overnight.
Who's we?

No one cares about SWA. You seem to have real difficulties seeing that.
How quickly you seem to forget there little weezal. Was it not YOU who requested more SWA info from driver? I do believe it was, indeed. Just helping out in anyway I can. Matter fact here are some more info on SWA, the industry and the Alaska mechanics current nego's. Happy reading.
driver, you may want to repost this one just to make sure he gets it, ok? Thanks.

National Director's April 2019 Update
May 6, 2019 -- The Aerospace Maintenance Competition (AMC) was held on April 8-11, 2019, in Atlanta, GA. AMFA was once again a proud corporate sponsor of this event that promotes aircraft maintenance technicians (AMTs) and highlights the knowledge, skill, and integrity of our craft. There were 82 teams in this year’s competition, consisting of military, students, and airlines from around the world.
Read More

AMFA - SWA Technician Negotiations Update #76
May 8, 2019 -- Ratification bonus amounts as described in Letter of Agreement #4 (LOA #4) have been calculated by the AMFA–SWA Negotiating Committee and our economist from payroll data provided by Southwest Airlines. The Company will now verify that AMFA’s calculations do not exceed the $160M ratification bonus amount agreed upon in the TA. Following this review, SWA will send an email to your Company email address, which will set forth the ratification bonus amount you will receive if the TA is ratified.
Read More

Joint Update: AMFA-ASA Virgin America Transition Agreement Discussions
May 16, 2019 -- Representatives for AMFA and Alaska Airlines met in Seattle, WA on May 14, 2019, to continue discussions regarding a Transition Agreement to bring the Legacy Virgin American (Airbus) Aircraft Maintenance Technicians under the AMFA CBA and an Integrated Seniority List. During this session Alaska provided information that was requested by AMFA related to the terms of the other agreements on the property as well as other AMT groups in the industry. Neither side presented any additional proposals.
Read More

Those are the 3 latest updates. Hey Weez, there will be another today in about, oh, say within a couple hours after we get the SWA/AMFA T/A vote results as it will end voting at 10 am, about 5 mins away, will share more with you when I get it weez...

Reactions: Rogallo
Who's we?

He seems to have made up a new scenario in his mind from something I wrote that was said over one of the TWU Podcasts by I think Gary Peterson.

He’s made a posting on his FB Group page using my real name saying that I’m an advisor to John Samuelsen and that the Association has demanded to take the UAL Fleet Agreement for us to vote on.

The longer this drags out the more this kooks mind seems to run away from him.

Thank you for informing me caller. Yes it really has been Months now that they’ve been trolling me to no avail or response.

Again I just really have no interest in people from other Airlines who for some reason feel the need to try to get heavily involved in our business at the Airline we work for. Particularly when they have their own issues they should be concentrating on.

If they’re using the tactics and behavior you say they are then they’re becoming amazingly desperate for my attention and have reached a new level to try and gain it.

Thank you for informing me caller. Yes it really has been Months now that they’ve been trolling me to no avail or response.

Again I just really have no interest in people from other Airlines who for some reason feel the need to try to get heavily involved in our business at the Airline we work for. Particularly when they have their own issues they should be concentrating on.

If they’re using the tactics and behavior you say they are then they’re becoming amazingly desperate for my attention and have reached a new level to try and gain it.
It's called sharing same industry news. All groups share their contract info just like all the management at each airline shares with their management. It's so the co. can not BS it's employees like AA use to do, but now too social media informed and can no longer do it. SWA use to do it here too.
BTW here's the latest weez. Hope this helps you guys and the mechanics get to a ILC JCBA...

AMFA – SWA AMT Tentative Agreement Ratification Referendum Results
May 21, 2019 -- The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on May 21, 2019. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:
Read More

AMFA – SWA AMT TENTATIVE AGREEMENT RATIFICATION REFERENDUM RESULTS
The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on May 21, 2019. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:

Eligible Voters
Votes Cast 2541
2379 (93.62% participation)
Accept 2251 (94.62%)
Reject 128 (5.38%)

Jay Johnson
National Secretary/Treasurer

It's a no brainer. When your representational union brings an offer that the members wanted you get great turnouts and big results. I never seen a contract pass by so much until now.

It's called sharing same industry news. All groups share their contract info just like all the management at each airline shares with their management. It's so the co. can not BS it's employees like AA use to do, but now too social media informed and can no longer do it. SWA use to do it here too.
BTW here's the latest weez. Hope this helps you guys and the mechanics get to a ILC JCBA...

AMFA – SWA AMT Tentative Agreement Ratification Referendum Results
May 21, 2019 -- The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on May 21, 2019. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:
Read More

AMFA – SWA AMT TENTATIVE AGREEMENT RATIFICATION REFERENDUM RESULTS
The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Tentative Agreement (TA) Ratification Referendum were tallied on May 21, 2019. Votes for this referendum were counted and certified by ElectionBuddy, and the results are as follows:

Eligible Voters
Votes Cast 2541
2379 (93.62% participation)
Accept 2251 (94.62%)
Reject 128 (5.38%)

Jay Johnson
National Secretary/Treasurer

This just in;
TWU/IAM association vote Results

0% (PARTICIPATION)
Accept (100%)

Status