American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
While its only for this Memorial Day what the He!! is gonna happen if talks do not progress n we enter the holiday season? Will the idiots running AA keep giving us bandaid holidays similar knowing we did not at the very least get to vote on this?
I hope so

Well I guess you don’t have to worry about the possibility of being called into an office and accused of being part of any work slowdowns.

The Company will probably give you a Gold wrench when you retire.

I have more pride being an AMT for AA, then being an association member.

AA tried giving us raises in 2008,2010, and now, but every time the union or association has stopped it because some group within the union didn't get exactly what they wanted.

I did read it again and yes accepted but the LOA says at 1 1/2 times not 2 1/5 that was offered am I missing something here?

“In addition” Meaning if you are scheduled to work and you do work you will be paid for your 8 hours at straight time plus and additional 8 and one half for that time.

6D72F57D-10BF-4FAC-B62F-73136147F34B.jpeg

Sad part is its only 1 dam holiday. Company knew they wld slip it in there in an effort to kickstart the busy summer season. They also figured on (probably betted) that the union wld sign off on it without a vote. Thus quickest way to get it in before the long 4 day holiday weekend. I wldnt be shocked that they try this stunt when it is closer to holidays as theyll try to stall longer especially with pilots n FAs contracts coming up if not already up for talks

Sad part is its only 1 dam holiday. Company knew they wld slip it in there in an effort to kickstart the busy summer season. They also figured on (probably betted) that the union wld sign off on it without a vote. Thus quickest way to get it in before the long 4 day holiday weekend. I wldnt be shocked that they try this stunt when it is closer to holidays as theyll try to stall longer especially with pilots n FAs contracts coming up if not already up for talks

Yes but in the letter they have proposed to the company to allow all current TAd items to go into effect. Let’s see how that goes

Reactions: robbedagain

The Association is the governing body of both the TWU and the IAM at AA. Although this comment will draw out the rock throwers under the Constitution of the Association the Chairman and Vice Chairman retain sole authority to make those types of decisions to accept or reject any monetary gains.

Most Unions have that authority as they own the Contracts. The “UNION” meaning all of us but our elected representatives who speak for us primarily.

That’s why the Memorial Day deal was signed by Alex Garcia (Association Chairperson) and Sito Pantoja (Association Vice Chairperson)

Status
Not open for further replies.