American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like him, getting in Isoms face was exactly what we need from our leadership and I would like to see more of it, we haven't seen anything like that from our union leadership ever!!

As he said, these guys think they are the masters of the universe, its not them that makes this airline run its the working people like us.

We all hope for a fair deal and want to resolve it before self help. But as long as Isom and Parker and the rest continue to try and decimate our ranks, take us to court with a ridiculous injunction, promise industry best but give industry worst. We need to make a stand and not cave in. It is the perfect storm, the media is getting in line in light of the companies record profits, the APFA has pledged support, we have a leader that does not accept a crappy deal, even the fleet guys are pissed.. What more could we as for?

Go look at the podcasts , Schaible sounds goofy sometimes,,, but lets not forget, he was a big time Amfa guy in the day, and he explains exactly whats going on.

Things are getting hot and its time to make a stand or get out of the way.
Too many of us are eager to criticize but not many actually have a plan how to achieve our goal. I agree whay we need is someone in their face. Isom definetly looked uncomfortable and with the memorial day "concession" the way performance has been lately something has to give. They are going to come our with something to inspire us or the downward spiral will continue

Reactions: swamt
Happy Memorial Day! Union brothers and sisters I would like to see the association and the company get back to the table. Threatening the company with a strike is a no win for either side. Negotiations need to resume with or without the mediator. I understand the medical for the IAM is very important, but I talk with a lot of my friends and all their premiums are going up. The pension is going in to default. I remember the IAM were pounding their chest on how bringing the Teamsters we would lose our pension. Guess what we are going to lose our pension. Most mechanics I speak with want a 401k. I want a matching of 12%.

Reactions: Catitude and 1AA
Happy Memorial Day! Union brothers and sisters I would like to see the association and the company get back to the table. Threatening the company with a strike is a no win for either side. Negotiations need to resume with or without the mediator. I understand the medical for the IAM is very important, but I talk with a lot of my friends and all their premiums are going up. The pension is going in to default. I remember the IAM were pounding their chest on how bringing the Teamsters we would lose our pension. Guess what we are going to lose our pension. Most mechanics I speak with want a 401k. I want a matching of 12%.

Are you paying any attention? The fight is about Scope. And the IAMNPF is completely in the hands of whatever the IAM and the Company want to do with it anyway. The TWU Members are not being considered for inclusion in the IAMNPF at all period. And you’re not getting a match of 12%.

the way it was explained to me was that whatever contribution is agreed to say 9% it would be the same for everyone. on the iam side if the required contribution is 6% for the pension plan they would get 3% in to the 401k. aa side would gt 9% into the 401k. if that is correct then the pension is really not the hold up. as far as new hires not sure where they would fall. medical again the iam blew that call by entering the fight late and displaying a distinct disregard to solidarity.

Are you paying any attention? The fight is about Scope. And the IAMNPF is completely in the hands of whatever the IAM and the Company want to do with it anyway. The TWU Members are not being considered for inclusion in the IAMNPF at all period. And you’re not getting a match of 12%.

Apparently Weezy, they don't get it. The company isn't going to just waltz back to the table. Not until something causes them to move. Who knows what that is. As far as the 401k plan, listen to the podcast, the company wants to reserve the right to amend the plan whenever whatever they want, it is in their proposal. Most likely to give you your match once a year, at the end of the year, thus you lose out on a ton of interest and they get it. This is what my spouse company does

I don’t necessarily copy and paste for you. I already know that people like yourself have closed your minds years ago and there’s no opening them ever again. I post it for whoever might be left out there reading. Believe it or not most people actually do want to be informed despite what you might think.

And if they hate the TWU so much can you explain to me why the last comment on the AMP Facebook page was 8 Months ago by Ken McTiernan?

Oh and I also have friends on every one of the other AMT FB pages as well and I’m not getting the same feedback you’re trying to sell here right now. You’re trying to sell some Fake News bro. Sorry.
I know the feeling at my station. Simple. Don’t need facebook or any other social media outlet to know how my coworkers feel. No fake news here. Why not fly up here and take the pulse yourself.
As far as my mind being closed, I am informed enough to know I do not like nor do I trust the TWU because of my experience under them. I’m not getting an erection over big mouth Samuelsen like you are.
How many people do you think are going to pick up bats and pipes and cause bloodshed and ugliness?

Last edited:
the way it was explained to me was that whatever contribution is agreed to say 9% it would be the same for everyone. on the iam side if the required contribution is 6% for the pension plan they would get 3% in to the 401k. aa side would gt 9% into the 401k. if that is correct then the pension is really not the hold up. as far as new hires not sure where they would fall. medical again the iam blew that call by entering the fight late and displaying a distinct disregard to solidarity.

That’s what the Company is offering as far as a retirement package. 9% (5% Contribution 4% Match) The Association is now at the position of asking for a 10% Contribution and the Company has to pay the Withdrawal Liability Fee if they want out of the IAMNPF.

On Medical remember that it’s not just that the Association and the TWU BTW doesn’t feel we want to pay less for better medical since we were forced into paying 21% of the cost at the hands of a Bankruptcy gun, it’s also that we want back the ability to audit their figures and a cap on the rise.

Just because they (IAM) still have it doesn’t mean that their fight isn’t also our fight.

Think about this. If the Company doesn’t want to rip us off then why do they not want to provide us the ability to make sure they’re not?

Apparently Weezy, they don't get it. The company isn't going to just waltz back to the table. Not until something causes them to move. Who knows what that is. As far as the 401k plan, listen to the podcast, the company wants to reserve the right to amend the plan whenever whatever they want, it is in their proposal. Most likely to give you your match once a year, at the end of the year, thus you lose out on a ton of interest and they get it. This is what my spouse company does

That could be very possible? And that’s why that language needs to be clarified. But I also don’t “think” it means they can stop making the contributions? Again I don’t “think”?

#NOAMBIQUOUSLANGUAGE.

I know the feeling at my station. Simple. Don’t need facebook or any other social media outlet to know how my coworkers feel. No fake news here. Why not fly up here and take the pulse yourself.
As far as my mind being closed, I am informed enough to know I do not like nor do I trust the TWU because of my experience under them. I’m not getting an erection over big mouth Samuelsen like you are.
How many people do you think are going to pick up bats and pipes and casue bloodshed and ugliness?

Sorry man but you ain’t getting anything anytime soon, so you might as well sit back and relax.

We’ll see this week if we get any new news?

Sorry man but you ain’t getting anything anytime soon, so you might as well sit back and relax.

We’ll see this week if we get any new news?
I’m expecting nothing but possibly going for SWA’s record for a contract. At which time I will be long gone.

Scope is where over time the Company is looking to offset any gains they provide to us.

We just saw a prime example of how that works in the AMFA agreement. AMFA wanted a little more in wages than what was being offered so the way that was provided was by allowing the Company to offshore the work they weren’t already doing anyway.

They essentially shifted the already cheaper work done at a US based MRO to a Foreign facility and AMFA (The Membership) took the proceeds for themselves.

I’m expecting nothing but possibly going for SWA’s record for a contract. At which time I will be long gone.

If that happens, I’m sorry. I truly am. The Company is just asking for far too much on their Scope asks. The worst being in Title 2. It’s almost complete devastation.

Tell it to the association especially Sito.

How many people do you think are going to pick up bats and pipes and casue bloodshed and ugliness?
Answer? NONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.