American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really starting to like Sammy. I like his tactics and we would all do well to recognize him as our leader and get ready to follow him through the fire. We need to quit whining and spinning .. This thing is getting hot and time to either lead or get out of the way.

im not sure about liking Sammy , but we have to accept him as a leader simply because there are not many other viable options right now. it does look like its coming to a head, id really like to finish this out then deal with the association.

im not sure about liking Sammy , but we have to accept him as a leader simply because there are not many other viable options right now. it does look like its coming to a head, id really like to finish this out then deal with the association.

I like him, getting in Isoms face was exactly what we need from our leadership and I would like to see more of it, we haven't seen anything like that from our union leadership ever!!

As he said, these guys think they are the masters of the universe, its not them that makes this airline run its the working people like us.

We all hope for a fair deal and want to resolve it before self help. But as long as Isom and Parker and the rest continue to try and decimate our ranks, take us to court with a ridiculous injunction, promise industry best but give industry worst. We need to make a stand and not cave in. It is the perfect storm, the media is getting in line in light of the companies record profits, the APFA has pledged support, we have a leader that does not accept a crappy deal, even the fleet guys are pissed.. What more could we as for?

Go look at the podcasts , Schaible sounds goofy sometimes,,, but lets not forget, he was a big time Amfa guy in the day, and he explains exactly whats going on.

Things are getting hot and its time to make a stand or get out of the way.

I like him, getting in Isoms face was exactly what we need from our leadership and I would like to see more of it, we haven't seen anything like that from our union leadership ever!!

As he said, these guys think they are the masters of the universe, its not them that makes this airline run its the working people like us.

We all hope for a fair deal and want to resolve it before self help. But as long as Isom and Parker and the rest continue to try and decimate our ranks, take us to court with a ridiculous injunction, promise industry best but give industry worst. We need to make a stand and not cave in. It is the perfect storm, the media is getting in line in light of the companies record profits, the APFA has pledged support, we have a leader that does not accept a crappy deal, even the fleet guys are pissed.. What more could we as for?

Go look at the podcasts , Schaible sounds goofy sometimes,,, but lets not forget, he was a big time Amfa guy in the day, and he explains exactly whats going on.

Ill make a stand. will somebody show us the proposals. the iam guys are super pissed they aren't keeping their medical and we aren't joining their pension. They think they deserve more than 320 billion (J/K) i know its only mil. to leave their pension. That whole grandstanding at the LGA bloodiest fight in labor history. Show us our proposal already, before Fort Sumpter starts. And we deserve to see all of it.

Look the only thing people are pissed about, is how bad us air runs the op, and we don't get their holidays. No one's going to run into the burning forest to keep catering open. AA in total is not hurting us individually right now, but the Ass is.

Reactions: Tim Nelson
Ill make a stand. will somebody show us the proposals. the iam guys are super pissed they aren't keeping their medical and we aren't joining their pension. They think they deserve more than 320 billion (J/K) i know its only mil. to leave their pension. That whole grandstanding at the LGA bloodiest fight in labor history. Show us our proposal already, before Fort Sumpter starts. And we deserve to see all of it.
bloodiest fight in history means certainly thousands of jobs lost.
I hope Isom stays as soft as a baby bottom but if has any My Hyde in him then the company can turn

Reactions: V.O. Reason

Wrong on things getting hot. I know mechanics and us fscs. the majority of us are more pissed about the association, and no specifics on our proposal on what the hold up is. the language where and when is already there with utility, but airports are spread out, and delays mechanicals etc...happen, just staff the place right and where and when is who cares. No one cares, about any of this, except a hand of guys that want to get home, but that's what 7 years ago now. the company just checkmated the summer season that was all.

I hope Isom stays as soft as a baby bottom but if has any My Hyde in him then the company can turn

majority of the people who show up every day are good people. He knows that. If Jekyll comes out its because fares flatten and stay down again. It all comes to rasm and prasm, and if the transports can pass the input increases on. guess what is happening now. Your iampf is what killed this contract/money cycle period for the blue collar people. It cost us all a lot of money. you guys stepped over dollars to save quarters with the medical too.

It could backfire, I've seen it backfire but since the association's adamant position its either this or a good 5 year wait...i think

The only thing that matters is MONEY. No one gives a crap about the unborn TWU /IAM member. Hell no one even cares about the Guy that gets laid Off. Unless its them.. So lets stop pretending we are going to "SHUT THE PLACE DOWN". Hell most of you can't afford to miss a damn days pay, because you are in debt over your heads. These are all facts the company knows. The power of unions went away a long time ago. You Republicans and Ronald Raegan did all of that. So lets stop all of this tuff talking crap and lets take the Money and tell everyone how you voted NO. The Truth Will Set U Free was right. There is NO such thing as Negotiations. Just a bunch of Drunk Ass idiots on both sides. Wake up people.
i wonder if those mechanics who also work for the MTA as TWU members would strike the airline but continue to work the buses! I’m sure the TWU wouldn’t mind as they would still be collecting dues.

i wonder if those mechanics who also work for the MTA as TWU members would strike the airline but continue to work the buses! I’m sure the TWU wouldn’t mind as they would still be collecting dues.

You’ve unfortunately become a bit of a disappointment.

“On December 20, 2005, Toussaint announced the start of the 2005 New York City transit strike after a protracted contract dispute with the New York City Transit Authority, concerning worker salaries, retirement age, pensions, and working conditions. Both the MTA's attempts to negotiate pension benefits for public employees and the strike were illegal, as they were in violation of New York State's Taylor Law.[2][3] State Justice Theodore Jones fined the union 2.5 million dollars and suspension of automatic dues deductions to all members for striking. He also sentenced Toussaint to 10 days in jail, which began on April 25, 2006. However, due to good behavior, Toussaint was set free on April 28.

On November 10, 2008, a State Supreme Court judge reinstated the Transport Workers Union's dues checkoff. The city's Law Department said it would not stand in the way of the ruling because the union had pledged not to conduct illegal transit strikes in the future.”

What that means MetalMover is that the TWU was not receiving any Dues checkoff to the International from TWU Local 100 for around 2 1/2 years. That loss of revenue was partially the reason why Jim Little was in talks to sell the TWU to the CWA.

A lot of this stuff if you want to put the pieces of the puzzle together you would have to pay for a subscription to “The Chief” Newspaper in NYC. Unfortunately when I met John Samuelsen here in MIA he told me that the Chief may be going out of business soon so you should hurry.

http://thechiefleader.com/

You’ve unfortunately become a bit of a disappointment.

“On December 20, 2005, Toussaint announced the start of the 2005 New York City transit strike after a protracted contract dispute with the New York City Transit Authority, concerning worker salaries, retirement age, pensions, and working conditions. Both the MTA's attempts to negotiate pension benefits for public employees and the strike were illegal, as they were in violation of New York State's Taylor Law.[2][3] State Justice Theodore Jones fined the union 2.5 million dollars and suspension of automatic dues deductions to all members for striking. He also sentenced Toussaint to 10 days in jail, which began on April 25, 2006. However, due to good behavior, Toussaint was set free on April 28.

On November 10, 2008, a State Supreme Court judge reinstated the Transport Workers Union's dues checkoff. The city's Law Department said it would not stand in the way of the ruling because the union had pledged not to conduct illegal transit strikes in the future.”

Sorry to disappoint you WeAAz. The mechanics I am referring to could give a rat’s ass about this job. Their work ethic is poor at best. The MTA is their real job. They care only about CSing. Nothing else.

So tell me again about why I should care about everybody and support my union?

Sorry to disappoint you WeAAz. The mechanics I am referring to could give a rat’s ass about this job. Their work ethic is poor at best. The MTA is their real job. They care only about CSing. Nothing else.

So tell me again about why I should care about everybody and support my union?

I’m not looking to convince any of you. Actually if you all turned to support your Union I’d have no reason to come here anymore as there would be nothing for me to feed off of to propel my narrative. I’m getting close to being nothing more than a Copy/Paste information guy on Facebook now since I’m finding very little opposition to the Union left. (Same on Jetnet)

Keep going Metal. You guys are my springboards. Here’s another good copy paste.

https://www.cityandstateny.com/arti...of-an-era-at-the-transport-workers-union.html

I’m not looking to convince any of you. Actually if you all turned to support your Union I’d have no reason to come here anymore as there would be nothing for me to feed off of to propel my narrative. I’m getting close to being nothing more than a Copy/Paste information guy on Facebook now since I’m finding very little opposition to the Union left. (Same on Jetnet)

Keep going Metal. You guys are my springboards. Here’s another good copy paste.

https://www.cityandstateny.com/arti...of-an-era-at-the-transport-workers-union.html
WeAAZ i really don’t care about anything you or anyone else cuts and pastes. I don’t read it. As far you finding little opposition. I will tell you this. There is a very small minority who voice their opinions here. In reality I can tell you the minority at my station are the ones who LIKE the TWU

Reactions: Catitude
WeAAZ i really don’t care about anything you or anyone else cuts and pastes. I don’t read it. As far you finding little opposition. I will tell you this. There is a very small minority who voice their opinions here. In reality I can tell you the minority at my station are the ones who LIKE the TWU

I don’t necessarily copy and paste for you. I already know that people like yourself have closed your minds years ago and there’s no opening them ever again. I post it for whoever might be left out there reading. Believe it or not most people actually do want to be informed despite what you might think.

And if they hate the TWU so much can you explain to me why the last comment on the AMP Facebook page was 8 Months ago by Ken McTiernan?

Oh and I also have friends on every one of the other AMT FB pages as well and I’m not getting the same feedback you’re trying to sell here right now. You’re trying to sell some Fake News bro. Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts