American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

2. swamt

swamt Veteran

Great article kev.
    On this one I pretty much do agree with CF. He's being very fai to both sides on his opinions and thoughts. And he is correct, if both sides are too committed on where they are and neither side will move, they will be on ice for a long, long time. Matter fact if no one is willing to nego. (meaning make movements) then I predict nothing until after the summer.
    I'm telling you guys these are the "EXACT" same movements done by SWA with us. AMFA showed they were willing to move on some issues as long as the co. agreed to the same and then we had movements towards an agreement then finally an agreement once Kinder got in there and got it done.
    The question over at AA is, who will be willing to pull that almighty important trigger and be the bigger man to call for movements. The union might be a little surprised at how well it could go if THEY were the ones willing to show movement first. And the mediators will more than likely lean heavier in whoever makes the first move, it worked for us when we were at our standstill for several months. Union might want to try first. Heck if no luck, just go right back to the "ICE"...

3. swamt

swamt Veteran

I have no clue about joining the TWU but yes, at least AA is claiming they are AA employees.

4. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

he is extremely inexperienced and had no idea he couldnt say certain things. Moron.
    The court papers are now posted on my uncensored site. The union has refused to post the new court document.
    On page 14 you can see all of the dumb social media slow down comments by the union officers.
    Stupid unlearned union thugs who dont listen.
    go to https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-c...4gI9DCObxLs6xrp2yTuopd2bshhGLvRyzuFErYPHqimmE

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Hopefully Samuelson has learned to keep his mouth shut in an open public forum. Any comments of this nature from any union officer in the same manner that Samuelson demonstrated will only reinforce American Airlines lawsuit against its AMTS. It's bad enough our customer service has deteriorated and we are in the news everyday about one issue or another but this needs to be curbed so negotiations can continue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

I actually don’t get worked up about SA hangar, they are AA employees and have gone to schools with them. They are good guys who are pretty smart.

I actually think it’s kind of racist to get worked up by SA mechs when we have mechs working in Great Britain, France etc. and nothing is said about them. We work for a global corporation. Did anyone ever notice the huge Quantas hangar in LAX. Every airline does this.

No they are not and cannot become TWU or IAM or association

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

It’s funny how pg14 makes us look like we are all supportive union goons. But in actuality we are held hostage by the association, because if we don’t we will be fired.

Did you ever notice the biggest mouths are the ones you wouldn’t hire if you were boss.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. 1986Mekanic

1986Mekanic Senior

What is your hourly fee Esquire 1AA?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 1986Mekanic

1986Mekanic Senior

I been hearing shithouse lawyers since my days in the military 35 years ago for goodness sake, your post is just another example of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 1986Mekanic

1986Mekanic Senior

Rumor Monger....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. V.O. Reason

V.O. Reason Member

One thing I don’t understand is all this talk about slowdown and such things and in the same breath others talk about how bad we are and service and such.
    Well we are only as good as those who work here to service our customers.
    Sure we can blame our management for things but if we don’t do our absolute best for our customers then we are just hurting ourselves
    We should strive everyday to improve our performance despite all our ongoing issues
    Just my opinion

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

#19092 bigjets, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    After reading this, I’m more upset at the association then normal. We have a crusader using AA mechs as his flag to fight corporate America.

So the Association is turning down best contract in the industry for a greater fight, while at the same time not giving us any choice in representation or vote on contract, even after 16 YEARS of concessions to get AA into its current situation and now the association is keeping us from sharing in the gains of AA.

Here’s something else to ponder, even if TWU agrees to scope, will IAM agree to healthcare and pension.

WTF

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bigjets

bigjets Veteran

That was actually just a question, but I see where you’re coming from.

14. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Ahhhhhh, too bad. He pushed us back in negotiations with his outburst. Everyone was watching. It looked like a thug threatening a executive who took down AMFA at NWA. A time and a place is appropriate for that type of verbal engagement. That was not. He should have chewed him out with no video present. Sadly he speaks only for a few. Many of us want that ILC that was promised. Just like we will never lose money again. That does not necessarily mean we will get part of the pie. Well demonstrated by the companies position on outsourcing, reducing head count and compensation. In negotiations you need to keep a clear head and stay focused even though you think your getting screwed. That's why its called negotiations. Even though the cards are stacked against us in the legal avenues of negotiations that is what we are currently engaged in. Would you be happier if Samuelson and other union officers showed up at the next town hall with baseball bats?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. YouCanFixStupid

This is why you don't have uneducated drunks representing you. The Truth Will Set U Free. LMFAO

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1