American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dfw gen
I have said this numerous times before on this board. As a IAM rep, we didn’t really have much of a choice being the smaller percentage of agreeing to the association.

As far as why the TWU agreed to it? I don’t have a clue, other than I know many on here say that Little was bought off.

But the point I have always tried to make is that it’s done. We can cry about it forever, ( yes some will ) or we can move on. I understand your frustrations. It’s frustrating for everyone at this point. And I know many on here say let the membership decide. But the few on here as far as I can tell, do not represent the majority.
Which again as far as I can tell, the majority, when I am in breakrooms briefing and answering questions on the fleet side anyways, says keep fighting.
You guys are just victims, lets get the rape kit out and check whos fuckin who

Like the association
FB_IMG_1566041659192.jpg

Please,
If we are going to continue to fight each other, at least get the internal battle right.

The IAM AMT’s are not the TWU AMT problem
The problem is Sito Pantoja, Alex Garcia, and Fleet Service combined with the Industrial Union Philosophy of dividing the economic pie.

Compare the AA M&R proposal to UAL M&R agreement.

It is clear that to obtain industry leading we would have to separate ourselves from the “ground worker” and negotiate a M&R pie.

It is clear that if we signed cards, voted in a Craft Union for Mechanics that on day one the company M&R proposal would improve. Our piece of economic pie is being given to other work groups because of our affiliation in this Association.
Stop fighting each other, sign the cards, get a Mechanic craft union and we will see better results.

Stay in this Association and plan on less than industry leading to fund the other ground workers contract details.

It’s not rocket science
Why wouldn’t you prefer a craft specific union over this catch all ground worker cluster?

Last edited:
Dishonest? Yes how about Parker telling everyone in a town hall that you will have a job in your department and your station as long as you want. And yet under job protection in the company proposal the first sentence says you will have job protection for the length of the agreement only. Where I come from that’s DISHONEST

Do you really believe that the contract language will read a job for the rest of your life? When the agreement becomes amendable then yes even the job security clause is subject to negotiated changes. You people are parsing words and demanding unrealistic language.

Meanwhile you currently have zero job security and are more at risk than current proposal offers. You are refusing improvements while living worse than offered. Keep pushing and losing. We will never recover what is being lost while you demand what will never happen.

Dfw gen
I have said this numerous times before on this board. As a IAM rep, we didn’t really have much of a choice being the smaller percentage of agreeing to the association.

As far as why the TWU agreed to it? I don’t have a clue, other than I know many on here say that Little was bought off.

Oh great, Charlie Bear false witness Brown is back speaking lies since the womb til this day! Congratulations on your incredible consistency and hot streak but save us the "poor ole IAM had no choice" garbage. You and your people knew and know what you're doing

Dfw gen

But the point I have always tried to make is that it’s done. We can cry about it forever, ( yes some will ) or we can move on. I understand your frustrations. It’s frustrating for everyone at this point. And I know many on here say let the membership decide. But the few on here as far as I can tell, do not represent the majority.
Which again as far as I can tell, the majority, when I am in breakrooms briefing and answering questions on the fleet side anyways, says keep fighting.
Who the F are you talking to?

Dfw gen

Then why don't we vote on the Association and then see who the majority is.

Oh great, Charlie Bear false witness Brown is back speaking lies since the womb til this day! Congratulations on your incredible consistency and hot streak but save us the "poor ole IAM had no choice" garbage. You and your people knew and know what you're doing
Also take note that he would not put it pass the IAM as if they did buy off Jimmy Little...

Quote from CB;

"As far as why the TWU agreed to it? I don’t have a clue, other than I know many on here say that Little was bought off."

Dishonest? Yes, how about Parker telling everyone in a town hall that you will have a job in your department and your station as long as you want. And yet under job protection in the company proposal, the first sentence says you will have job protection for the length of the agreement only. Where I come from that’s DISHONEST

If the contract states that you will have a job until you retire and since the contract becomes amendable any article is subject to change and therefore having that job, what is your complaint?

Also take note that he would not put it pass the IAM as if they did buy off Jimmy Little...

Quote from CB;

"As far as why the TWU agreed to it? I don’t have a clue, other than I know many on here say that Little was bought off."

Interesting how they don't mention the card drive they were in the middle of that pushed the Association to existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.