American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the hubs pass contracts, nobody ever claims to be a yes vote. So, if this current offer was voted in by 95%.....immediately thereafter you wouldn't find one yes vote cuz of all the bullying that normally happens. The 2008 jcba was awful but got passed by 70%. Everyone said they were voting no. Few did when they voted in secret.
That said, the company will enhance this offer.

Please show a case where mediators were directly involved with any negotiations at an early stage if both parties didnt want mediation.
That sounds like us, AMFA recommend a No vote in 2008 and it passed. It became amenable in August of 2012. After a long fight , we kept our scope. It has been almost 6 years since we have had a raise. AMFA is not endorsing this AIP, we still don't have an official T/A. People on the SWA board what few there are say they will vote no because the raise is not enough. I don't have a problem with it, neither do most of the people I work with. Dallas is the biggest voting block, so we will see. I still think it will pass between the guys who have 5 years or less, and the newer guys. But mainly from people that will see we maintained our scope and don't comment on social media.

Reactions: robbedagain
Yes he would be if he showed up to the majority of the negotiating sessions but he doesn't and neither does Mike Mayes. GP is in there alone the majority of time. Hell Mayes won't even leave San Fran for a presidents council meeting. Everyone else has to fly to the west coast. He is tired of traveling so he wants to inconvenience everyone else. That is why they are selling the ATD office in Hurst. If Mayes doesn't want to fly to DFW do you really think he wants to fly from SFO to DC. I guess it pays to have DADDY get you a job. On a different note before the company came out with there video on jetnet the internationals of twu and iam met with company down in Miami without the rest of the negotiating committee. That is where they came up with the double time and a half for holiday pay. When the company was dead set against it previously and lets not forget that they had never talked about an early out before. Does anyone really think that these were the only two things that they talked about. Remember what Seymour said in the video the company is not violating any rules of negotiating directly with the membership if they have already talked to the unions. A leopard does not change his spots. The twu is still in it for themselves and not the membership. Everyone needs to ask questions and read between the lines.

I think the biggest issues that are left floating out there are Maintenance and related. The issues left affecting Fleet are more the company wanting to carve out IAM items.

And no I’m not defending either if they weren’t showing up on your last few sessions but they’re both FSC and Mechanics over the years have screamed bloody murder when they think us Baggage slobs are deciding things for you.

As far as selling the ATD office in Hurst GOOD. Personally I want the TWU to get their butt back home to NYC where they belong. Never understood why DFW thinks they need to be the center of the World anyway?

Heard about MIA but didn’t know what came out of it. The hope was that was going to be the wrap up but it looks like the Company had other plans.

You do know if there’s a need for a Major meet everyone has phones to set that up. For now doesn’t look like there’s much of a purpose until the Company modifies their position.

BTW how many Presidents councils have you had in SFO? How many Fleet Presidents were a no show? Are you in DCA today for the COPE Council? Are Mike and Alex there?

Nice since you have no idea what we will vote most of the people that I work with will vote this down but understand you alienate us we outnumber you by 2 or 3 to 1 so be carful who you piss off

I really hope no one on our side ultimately decides to vote on anything based on emotions?

Besides the fact I don’t think anything emotional will be released to us anyway. The IAM does have an equal say on that.

Tim .The 08 contract for LUS was vastly improved over the other contracts including the CH 11 .But it was before the AA US merger buyout. Fast fwd to this age in era .multi billion a year profits no way should any offer w reductions closings etc shld be given up. If anyone should take hits. Mgmt should .

Josh . i have to disagree. First AA health is more expensive for the same as what LUS has . i believe they can come down to our levels or meet in the middle. But no way should lus go higher expenses w health . I highly doubt the assoc will send out proposal minus health .Esp in light of DP statements sayin AA will never lose money again n employees deserve better. The Assoc has got to force him to eat his words

And the employees have the money to contribute more, so what’s your point?

Healthcare costs are increasing for everyone. Sooner or later LUS healthcare will reflect that reality.

Maybe they will play a CWA and have you vote on it without healthcare article.

Josh

CWA has the healthcare in their tentative agreement. It was structured to give the CWA an opportunity to find an alternate plan within certain criteria and if they couldn't, they'd default to the current LAA medical.

This coming from a LUS hack who was the lowest paid for years until LAA came along and agreed to this unholy coupling, I mean what I say, I say what I mean. Do I care for those, as you put it "came before me" , no, just keeping it real leprechaun.

Sometimes you write very stupid things that are designed it seems only to try and hurt people. Do you like it when it’s done to you Bob?

You’re a failed Man who finally hit the jackpot and secured a great job very late in life and is now desperate as hell to try and save up money for retirement so he doesn’t have to be lifting filthy bags when he’s 75 years old.

Basically Bob you never went through chit in this industry and have ZERO right to throw stones at others when you got scars all over your own noggin.

To all my fellow Association LAA TWU members on here. I have a question for you all, except maybe weez, he has made his position known and seems to be on the same page as most of LUS folks. Why do you folks think it is ok for LUS members to have to buy any and all improvements? Why is it ok that you LAA folks are quick to vote out catering for a few pieces of silver? Why is it ok for you LAA folks are quick to saddle the LUS folks with a concessionary agreement just for a few pieces of silver? Do you think yourselves above the rest of us? Do you think that you are the only ones who's lives are affected by this agreement? PLease help me understand why you are wanting to throw the LUS folks under the bus just for a few pieces of silver?

PJ when you actually sit down and take the time to explain your situation to the average TWU Agent you’d be very surprised how many are completely supportive. Don’t let a few rock throwers on a dead message board be your barometer to gauge an entire group.

The fact is it needs to be explained to people what’s happening here and as a friend of mine states “The Difficulties” really couldn’t just be put to paper and thrown out for mass consumption.

Those needed to be explained to TWU Local Presidents who should have explained these things at their Union meetings and through many multiple field walks. That’s the ONLY way to do it right.

Reactions: cltrat

c'mon bob, how could you vote for a TA that is cost neutral or even, cost negative? c'mon.

that company earned more money in 2015 than it had earned in it's entire existence.

by nov. of 2018: TOS ticket agents will be at a base $31.22/hr along with shift differential(s) of .55/hr,.62/hr,.65/hr and also get a $1.00/hr premium if they speak another language.

if we do get 6 vc weeks, that will be something they will most likely get in their next contract. they are currently at 5 vc weeks max.

Sometimes you write very stupid things that are designed it seems only to try and hurt people. Do you like it when it’s done to you Bob?

You’re a failed Man who finally hit the jackpot and secured a great job very late in life and is now desperate as hell to try and save up money for retirement so he doesn’t have to be lifting filthy bags when he’s 75 years old.

Basically Bob you never went through chit in this industry and have ZERO right to throw stones at others when you got scars all over your own noggin.
Im a NYer and I have a Very thick skin dude. And go ahead Dave, you can through what ever at me, and other can too, because you all mean nothing in my world, so your banter dose nothing.

I've had issues with some of the items that have already been TA'd such as the OT language coupled with some of the PT language it contains

Others in MIA have issues with the Swap language, although I believe much of that will go away when they actually see what the changes will be.

Aside from that there is a lot of frustration due to the lack of information throughout the process.

For me, the information is incomplete to make a determination and since the "proposal" being shared by the airline hasn't been officially presented to the Association there really isn't a decision to make.
What I’m asking is ....since you are stating that it will pass, I assume that means you are either asking or talking with members to ascertain their position. So what are you saying to them when they tell you they would vote yes? Are you saying
Nice since you have no idea what we will vote most of the people that I work with will vote this down but understand you alienate us we outnumber you by 2 or 3 to 1 so be carful who you piss off
2 or 3 to 1? Are you referring to Mtc and related? On fleet the numbers are roughly 9400-7600.

c'mon bob, how could you vote for a TA that is cost neutral or even, cost negative? c'mon.

that company earned more money in 2015 than it had earned in it's entire existence.

by nov. of 2018: TOS tickets agents will be at a base $31.22/hr along with shift differential(s) of .55/hr,.62/hr,.65/hr and also get a $1.00/hr premium if they speak another language.

if we do get 6 vc weeks, that will be something they will most likely get in their next contract. they are currently at 5 vc weeks max.

Bob is AFRAID if we don’t accept what the Company is offering right out of the gate it’s only going to get worse and take longer. He’s thinking he’s seeing quick snap easy gains and he wants to grab that ball and run with it.

He mentioned the Mediator so he thinks she’s the Boogeywoman. She’s going to “force” us to vote on and pass something even worse than AA’s online offer.

People are also as Irish said stuck in a Stockholm Syndrome mindset. They don’t remember that there actually was a time when Collective Bargaining Negotiations meant gains and not losses or concessions.

The abused Dog mentality. Head always flinching.

Who's tossing stones, me, and just who are you to say I have ZERO right. You ........[Deleted]

CWA has the healthcare in their tentative agreement. It was structured to give the CWA an opportunity to find an alternate plan within certain criteria and if they couldn't, they'd default to the current LAA medical.
The company had no intention of bargaining any medical other than the AA medical. The company and CWA somehow agreed to a CBA without the medical being decided. The agreement was that the company would continue to talk about any medical the CWA presented. But if the two sides couldn’t agree then the CWA would default to the AA PLAN. So the company just bided their time and let the agreed upon period of time elapse and then imposed their medical

Im a NYer and I have a Very thick skin dude. And go ahead Dave, you can through what ever at me, and other can too, because you all mean nothing in my world, so your banter dose nothing.

Throw.

I don’t like doing that Bob unless I’m doing it to some clown bully who thinks his own chit don’t stink.

You didn’t need to make the comment you made to Irish.

Bob is AFRAID if we don’t accept what the Company is offering right out of the gate it’s only going to get worse and take longer. He’s thinking he’s seeing quick snap easy gains and he wants to grab that ball and run with it.

He mentioned the Mediator so he thinks she’s the Boogeywoman. She’s going to “force” us to vote on and pass something even worse than AA’s online offer.

People are also as Irish said stuck in a Stockholm Syndrome mindset. They don’t remember that there actually was a time when Collective Bargaining Negotiations meant gains and not losses or concessions.

The abused Dog mentality. Head always flinching.
Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.