American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're all getting ready to leave their houses and go to the airport, everyone will get in about 3pm get in their rooms have a lavish dinner/drinks on the unions dime and order up the hookers. Day 1 finished.

And the rumors will get worse as this week goes on if the asso. does not give updates throughout the week.
I hope the one about Tulsa gaining 400 mechs only after the asso. agreed to give up scope work and positions. Would they really do that? If this is the case, it's time to move away from this type of representation. Why in the world do they protect and preserve for mechanics not even there yet, but are willing to not protect current mechanics. Just doesn't make sense to me. Probably just a rumor...

The AMT's for AA have only but themselves to blame.
They had many changes to leave and choose not too.
Amfa card drive, AMP card drive and they choose not to sign a card.
We deserve what we get.....
Stupid.jpg

Come on down brother. Hooters would like your business!

I think it’s a worthy trade, 787 mechanics work in house as apposed to mechs doing ramp work.

I also think 777 work should be included. That would be a win for ass and AA. Too bad AA can’t figure out how to expand into the OH business. I know continental use to have their OH done by UAL in IND, until the UAL mechs did a slowdown and lost the contract, then IND closed during BK, I have seen UAL planes going through OH in MIA at AAR. You can see the hangar when you land there.

Last edited:
Association negotiators and AA negotiators will walk into conference room, ass will take left side aa right side, Samuelson will stand up and yell I WANT RIGHT SIDE YOU &$”&, storm out of the room and put out a statement that AA won’t negotiate.

I think it’s a worthy trade, 787 mechanics work in house as apposed to mechs doing ramp work.

I also think 777 work should be included. That would be a win for ass and AA. Too bad AA can’t figure out how to expand into the OH business. I know continental use to have their OH done by UAL in IND, until the UAL mechs did a slowdown and lost the contract, then IND closed during BK, I have seen UAL planes going through OH in MIA at AAR. You can see the hangar when you land there.
That's called a concession. Haven't we conceded enough work and benefits in the last 30 plus years?

Frankly the association did it to themselves. Members kept in the dark for years. No progress made, and the company sat back keeping all the money members lost out on. Lots of frustrated members, not counting the imbecile messing with the aircraft in Miami. I'd say the association did a terrible job, especially the TWU for what members have endured. We should know quite soon how this will go. I would think the company will take this opportunity to put the screws to the association over the damages the court agreed with. I think we'll know soon.

i feel as though the blame is equal. we all know the twu's failings and the assoc.'s dysfunction.

the company stalled and stalled and dragged it's feet some more...and now they will pay southwest's AMT wages, along with 3% more than delta's recent 4% raise.

from a company's view, totally avoidable if they would have bent a tiny bit early in the year on AMT outsourcing, ua +3% and bigger bonuses. they could have breathed a sigh of relief when southwest's AMT got their raises and delta decided to further reward it's employees with the 4% raise.

i'm also assuming we will get retro from sept of 2018.....for fleet - if we get an approx. $2 raise on DOS, that's an average of $4,500 based off 2,200 hrs., along with aa's proposed $3k signing bonus.

we are employees suffering in morale, imagine how some BOD members/big shareholders feel about all this nonsense.

i suspect the company is extremely confident a deal will get done this week...they are holding back training classes in my station until the last week of sept. these new hires are desperately needed right now.

Reactions: swamt and bigjets
That's called a concession. Haven't we conceded enough work and benefits in the last 30 plus years?
I call it a negotiation give and take.

in 2010 and 2008, we didn’t take anything while AA took what they wanted and we all lost $70k in cash alone.

AA is going to do what it takes to run the company the way they want to. With giving us something or with us refusing to take anything.

Put it this way. The pay raise we have been enjoying was given to us as we gave a concession (your words) that being an 8 year top out and cross utilization. We have all made a good amount of money from those “concessions”

Besides that was a rumor, none of our rumors are very accurate.

i feel as though the blame is equal. we all know the twu's failings and the assoc.'s dysfunction.

the company stalled and stalled and dragged it's feet some more...and now they will pay southwest's AMT wages, along with 3% more than delta's recent 4% raise.

from a company's view, totally avoidable if they would have bent a tiny bit early in the year on AMT outsourcing, ua +3% and bigger bonuses. they could have breathed a sigh of relief when southwest's AMT got their raises and delta decided to further reward it's employees with the 4% raise.

i'm also assuming we will get retro from sept of 2018.....for fleet - if we get an approx. $2 raise on DOS, that's an average of $4,500 based off 2,200 hrs., along with aa's proposed $3k signing bonus.

we are employees suffering in morale, imagine how some BOD members/big shareholders feel about all this nonsense.

i suspect the company is extremely confident a deal will get done this week...they are holding back training classes in my station until the last week of sept. these new hires are desperately needed right now.

You assume a lot here thinking this company is really ready to give us a decent deal.
From the fleet perspective I felt what they put on Jetnet seemed fair but then it all stalled out why?
I’m not sure but I do suspect the ASS was the big problem but yes this company needs to deal with us fairly and move this forward because we all see how poor moral is all across the company

you're right, i assume a lot. for fleet - i'm assuming delta +3%, after delta's +4% and i'm assuming retro pay for all.

i can't hold NYer to it - nor blame him if this doesn't play out to our advantage; but i'm also assuming lav work won't get touched and deicing will still by done by aa in most northern stations...even with deicing pads run by cities/airports. if parker/isom plan on relying upon $17/hr contract deicing workers to show up every day and competently & punctually deice hundreds of aa planes, that would be lunacy...absolutely traced back to america west outsourcing philosophy. the strategy of a tiny, irrelevant airline.

i agree with others here saying that enough is enough and the tipping point was the AMT in miami. very bad PR for aa...people throughout the nation and world wondering how many other AMTs might do the same or how many other planes have been sabotaged? i read those comments from the public.

let's get a fair contract for all and then aa can play up harmony and safe planes and aa's overall safety record.

let's move on. parker should have gotten this done sooner.

And the rumors will get worse as this week goes on if the asso. does not give updates throughout the week.
I hope the one about Tulsa gaining 400 mechs only after the asso. agreed to give up scope work and positions. Would they really do that? If this is the case, it's time to move away from this type of representation. Why in the world do they protect and preserve for mechanics not even there yet, but are willing to not protect current mechanics. Just doesn't make sense to me. Probably just a rumor...
It’s a rumor. Nothing was given up.

Reactions: swamt
Negotiations started at 1pm.
Says who?

Haven't you heard? Ass is giving away retro to pay AAs lawsuit..

Says who?

Haven't you heard? Ass is giving away retro to pay AAs lawsuit..
The NMB

WASHINGTON, Sept. 4, 2019 — The TWU-IAM Association today announced that mediation for negotiations in the American Airlines/TWU-IAM Association contract talks will restart on Monday, Sept. 16, at 1 p.m. ET and continue through Thursday, Sept. 19. The sessions will be held in Washington, D.C. at the National Mediation Board (NMB).”

Status
Not open for further replies.