American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you are really reaching there. The AFL-CIO process/dispute auspicies adjudicated that the IAM had a period to organize, they failed miserably now AFA-CWA is squandering cash and bandwidth at their fourth attempt at this.

You of all people should know it is not a raid if the group is currently unorganized.

Josh

He really does do a lot of grasping.

I don’t believe AMFA National is supporting your drive. They haven’t ever put out anything official stating they were doing so. Can you show me anything official by Brett or anyone else at AMFA saying they’re motivated to take on the TWU/IAM Association?

The AFA has raided the IAM Drive for Delta Flight Attendants and they haven’t shown any fear whatsoever of making it publicly known. They’re all in 100%.

So where’s that AMFA all in showing of support? The crickets are chirping.
your a little misinformed. but maybe you are right. have you friends bring a contract back and end the issue. until then feel free to spin away.

Wow you are really reaching there. The AFL-CIO process/dispute auspicies adjudicated that the IAM had a period to organize, they failed miserably now AFA-CWA is squandering cash and bandwidth at their fourth attempt at this.

You of all people should know it is not a raid if the group is currently unorganized.

Josh
technicality.

Reactions: swamt
AFL-CIO SCHEDULES AFA INTERFERENCE HEARING

The AFL-CIO, the largest labor federation in the United States, has scheduled a hearing on January 9th regarding the IAM's numerous complaints of AFA-CWA interference with the IAM Delta campaign.

In April, 2018, the IAM was awarded the exclusive right to organize Delta Flight Attendants by the AFL-CIO. The IAM was granted this award because it was found that the AFA-CWA not only did not stop the organizing being done in its name from 2015-2018, it, in fact, supported and encouraged such "grassroots" organizing efforts. These actions were found to create a "competition of unions," which was found to directly interfere with Delta Flight Attendants' efforts to form a union and violate AFL-CIO rules.

The dispute will be decided by a committee of representatives from three AFL-CIO affiliate unions and will be binding.

The IAM previously stated, the union is disappointed that the AFA-CWA would launch a campaign while this dispute is outstanding and it will continue its support of Delta Flight Attendants' efforts to unionize with the largest airline union in the world, the IAM.

Request your a-card here: www.iamdelta.net/acard

AFL-CIO SCHEDULES AFA INTERFERENCE HEARING

The AFL-CIO, the largest labor federation in the United States, has scheduled a hearing on January 9th regarding the IAM's numerous complaints of AFA-CWA interference with the IAM Delta campaign.

In April, 2018, the IAM was awarded the exclusive right to organize Delta Flight Attendants by the AFL-CIO. The IAM was granted this award because it was found that the AFA-CWA not only did not stop the organizing being done in its name from 2015-2018, it, in fact, supported and encouraged such "grassroots" organizing efforts. These actions were found to create a "competition of unions," which was found to directly interfere with Delta Flight Attendants' efforts to form a union and violate AFL-CIO rules.

The dispute will be decided by a committee of representatives from three AFL-CIO affiliate unions and will be binding.

The IAM previously stated, the union is disappointed that the AFA-CWA would launch a campaign while this dispute is outstanding and it will continue its support of Delta Flight Attendants' efforts to unionize with the largest airline union in the world, the IAM.

Request your a-card here: www.iamdelta.net/acard
see this is a classic post on why unionism is declining.

why is there not competition for representation?

n April, 2018, the IAM was awarded the exclusive right to organize Delta Flight Attendants by the AFL-CIO. The IAM was granted this award because it was found that the AFA-CWA not only did not stop the organizing being done in its name from 2015-2018, it, in fact, supported and encouraged such "grassroots" organizing efforts. These actions were found to create a "competition of unions," which was found to directly interfere with Delta Flight Attendants' efforts to form a union and violate AFL-CIO rules.

who decides exclusive "right" to organize? and what gave them the right to award it? its the employees choice as to who represent them. and why do they get the right to award "exclusive " rights to organize. again why unionism is failing.

are these the same idiots that forced the association down our throat? with out a vote? that nobody wanted? except of course the respective internationals

what you fail to understand is that amfa does not have "paid" organizers like the iam and the twu or the ibt. its just a bunch of employees that have said enough with the bullchit lies and promises. i can see why the ibt pulled out of the afl-cio they have lost their way its all about the money and not the membership.

last night out of a crew of 22 i got 22 cards signed. should finish the station buy the end of the week. i think and am beginning to believe that the there is enough momentum to push it thru.

they had their chance. they blew it with politics and egos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogallo
The IAM has had years to organize the FA’s at DL, including this last 18 mo. exclusivity period. The FAs have shown that they’re not interested in going with them. That’s just how it is.

It’s also pretty clear that there is an appetite for getting the AFA on the property.

Any trade unionist worth their salt should support them regardless of which path they take.

I don’t believe AMFA National is supporting your drive. They haven’t ever put out anything official stating they were doing so. Can you show me anything official by Brett or anyone else at AMFA saying they’re motivated to take on the TWU/IAM Association?

The AFA has raided the IAM Drive for Delta Flight Attendants and they haven’t shown any fear whatsoever of making it publicly known. They’re all in 100%.

So where’s that AMFA all in showing of support? The crickets are chirping.

"AFA-CWA is the only flight attendant union that solely represents flight attendants' concerns within the AFL-CIO, the 13-million-member American labor federation."

If there isn't a union representing Deltas core airline Flight Attendants and the IAM Flight Attendants are campaigning to represent those flight attendants, that means both unions are competing for them.
There can be no raid if the IAM does not represent them. I guess you believe that the IAM can just campaign with no challengers?

Matter of fact, some of the representatives, including WeAAsles (and 700, aka Phoenix) used the "success" in the SWA job action as a reason to follow through on the similar actions at LAA.
Success in what job action at SWA? There never was a job action. The mechanics were following paperwork instructions in the new paperwork packages that instructed them to look at the econolite panels and write up any discrepancies. And when you look up the limits allowed and follow the book it tells you that due to fire issues certain damage is groundable. Therefore the mechs report their findings to MC and thru their channels they will instruct rather to ground or not, not the mechanics, they just simply did what the paperwork told them to do as instructed.
The only thing that got the nego's moving along at a much better pace was investor pressure to the BOD and onto CEO. So after firing the original co. nego team (all but one) then the CEO brought in KK from Alaska to focus on getting the contract done with full power for all decisions in KK's hands. Once he was in there, the three days with no deal fell on KK to step it up a bit and he did, stayed working on it thru the weekend and we finally had a deal come Mon. after the weekend.
That job action you speak of that they were using elsewhere was from the Max cancellations, weather related delays and cancellations and yes some maint delays and cancellations that were derived from the new paperwork that instructed mechs to inspect specific areas of cargo pits liners. How quickly the co. found out that minor damage to econolite cargo liners are suppose to get grounded do to fire prevention methods. That new paperwork was pulled immediately from overnight packages and put into larger work packages in the hangars and off of line maint, c-checks, hangr ron, line ron and overnight maint. Once they put it where it belonged and could be repaired in a timely manner before revenue flight, then all things ironed out smoothly. Remember, we never had a temp nor perm. RO ordered by any judge, just a huge paperwork fiasco that got fixed. Hope this helps clear things up...

Josh

He really does do a lot of grasping.
The boards are so much more enjoyable when WE ALL ignore the people that really have no clue and come here (especially during card drives) to spread lies, misinformation and confuse.
Keep up the good work fellas. The card drive is going very strong. AMFA does support it (what union wouldn't) they just don't go out and organize drives, it's always a grass roots effort that brings AMFA to the airlines.

see this is a classic post on why unionism is declining.

why is there not competition for representation?

n April, 2018, the IAM was awarded the exclusive right to organize Delta Flight Attendants by the AFL-CIO. The IAM was granted this award because it was found that the AFA-CWA not only did not stop the organizing being done in its name from 2015-2018, it, in fact, supported and encouraged such "grassroots" organizing efforts. These actions were found to create a "competition of unions," which was found to directly interfere with Delta Flight Attendants' efforts to form a union and violate AFL-CIO rules.

who decides exclusive "right" to organize? and what gave them the right to award it? its the employees choice as to who represent them. and why do they get the right to award "exclusive " rights to organize. again why unionism is failing.

are these the same idiots that forced the association down our throat? with out a vote? that nobody wanted? except of course the respective internationals

what you fail to understand is that amfa does not have "paid" organizers like the iam and the twu or the ibt. its just a bunch of employees that have said enough with the bullchit lies and promises. i can see why the ibt pulled out of the afl-cio they have lost their way its all about the money and not the membership.

last night out of a crew of 22 i got 22 cards signed. should finish the station buy the end of the week. i think and am beginning to believe that the there is enough momentum to push it thru.

they had their chance. they blew it with politics and egos.
I really don't see what this has to do with AA nego's, nor does it have anything to do with the mechs and related, the fleet and ground workers. This thread has nothing to do with F/A's why are we discussing F/A issues here???

The IAM has had years to organize the FA’s at DL, including this last 18 mo. exclusivity period. The FAs have shown that they’re not interested in going with them. That’s just how it is.

It’s also pretty clear that there is an appetite for getting the AFA on the property.

Any trade unionist worth their salt should support them regardless of which path they take.
I had to go look at why you guys are talking about the F/A's here. I reported the person who started it as I said I would when things get off topic. Let's get back onto AA Labor nego's please.

"AFA-CWA is the only flight attendant union that solely represents flight attendants' concerns within the AFL-CIO, the 13-million-member American labor federation."

If there isn't a union representing Deltas core airline Flight Attendants and the IAM Flight Attendants are campaigning to represent those flight attendants, that means both unions are competing for them.
There can be no raid if the IAM does not represent them. I guess you believe that the IAM can just campaign with no challengers?
Article 21 of the AFLCIO Constitution

I really don't see what this has to do with AA nego's, nor does it have anything to do with the mechs and related, the fleet and ground workers. This thread has nothing to do with F/A's why are we discussing F/A issues here???
And neither does WN and AMFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts