American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, i was talking about AMTs.

i understand the card drive and would never take money out of anyone's pocket - but the thought of a richer contract with amfa and that aa will keep the same AMT scope with the same amount/more AMTs, is delusional.

to me, that will be the trade-off.

the reason i brought up fleet, is that some believe that fleet holds them back financially. those other airlines pay their fleet service more per hour and also hand them much bigger profit sharing checks.

one way or another, the current aa is stingy. good luck getting anything out of them. they are dead-set on rewarding it's shareholders with buy-backs and not rewarding it's employees.

Dude, I never said AMFA would come in and get a "richer" contract and keep their current scope. And never would I ever claim that. Quit trying to twist the words or post. Nice try. I simply said that WE at SWA were able to keep our scope untouched with a very rich new contract and future maint. hangars being built, and new in house maint coming. Where the hell did you get that I said that about AA???

Gee you have comprehension issues like Tim.

Being on the IAM CO FA NC in 2005 is negotiations, not an organizing campaign. FAs at CO were already IAM, no one was organizing them.

trying real hard to fulfill your role of a troll.
Again why does anyone respond to this DA stop responding. It’s hard to argue with yourself. When you respond you look foolish just like him

Dude, I never said AMFA would come in and get a "richer" contract and keep their current scope. And never would I ever claim that. Quit trying to twist the words or post. Nice try. I simply said that WE at SWA were able to keep our scope untouched with a very rich new contract and future maint. hangars being built, and new in house maint coming. Where the hell did you get that I said that about AA???

hmmm..

i never said that you said anything.

i said if the AMTs booted the twu & iam and got amfa; i'd assume the contract focus would be on compensation. what else would it be?

put one foot in front of the other. the company would listen, then say there will be new realities for scope and amount of AMTs.

the company is stingy. even a wall street analyst for an investment bank (morgan stanley) asked parker if holding back on wages is a smart thing - using united as a successful example of rewarding employees and reaping the operational benefits. delta has been THE example.

these guys have earned over $20 billion the past 5 years and had a problem giving everyone an additional week VC to match our peers. as far as i know, they may still be balking at that.

try bargaining with that.

Josh
How are ya? Im in pbi now. If you ever fly out of pbi, let me know.

I am good...would be nice to see you some time.

Hope South Florida is treating you well with nicer weather and no state income tax compared to the People’s Republic of IL. Need to go check PACER on the EWR dues objector Janus case.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas.

Josh

Reactions: Tim Nelson
Why wont the iam support afa?
At Continental, the twu gave the ramp its best shot but then supported the iam

Also worth pointing out the single biggest beneficiary was the IAM since upon the 07/2011 vote they got to collect dues administering the IBT agreement through 11/2013 at which point they were able to squeak through the JCBA

The IBT put forth the investment and boots on the ground organizing and only got to collect dues through 07/2011. If the IBT hadn’t organized the IAM wouldn’t have seen dues from sCO ramp until 11/2013.

Josh

Last edited:
hmmm..

i never said that you said anything.

i said if the AMTs booted the twu & iam and got amfa; i'd assume the contract focus would be on compensation. what else would it be?

put one foot in front of the other. the company would listen, then say there will be new realities for scope and amount of AMTs.

the company is stingy. even a wall street analyst for an investment bank (morgan stanley) asked parker if holding back on wages is a smart thing - using united as a successful example of rewarding employees and reaping the operational benefits. delta has been THE example.

these guys have earned over $20 billion the past 5 years and had a problem giving everyone an additional week VC to match our peers. as far as i know, they may still be balking at that.

try bargaining with that.
I apologise. My bad. I misquoted you for the resident moron trying to send more misinformation. That was for phoenix when he said that I said AMFA would get them something if they were in at AA.
Again sorry for the mix-up that was my fault.

Also worth pointing out the single biggest beneficiary was the IAM since upon the 07/2011 vote they got to collect dues administering the IBT agreement through 11/2013 at which point they were able to squeak through the JCBA that only protected seven stations indefinitely.

The IBT put forth the investment and boots on the ground organizing and only got to collect dues through 07/2011. If the IBT hadn’t organized the IAM wouldn’t have seen dues from sCO ramp until 11/2013.

Josh
True

Reactions: 737823
For anyone to claim AMFA will get them more seniority is just rhetoric and not true. As it has already been stated, if AMFA is brought in they will honor the arbitrators ruling on the seniority issue since the two unions TWU/IAM could not agree to it themselves with all the arguing over it they just threw their hands up, screwed the membership, and gave it to a 3rd party. So sad how quickly they gave it up too.
Now I know the amendable date was 4 years ago, but how long have they been at nego's? Is it really 6 or more like 5???
BTW timmy, it's not a raid. It's a grassroots effort and going extremely strong this time around. The "And Related" are much more educated this time around and the IAM is sick and tired too. They too finally see all the BS and mass dysfunctional and infighting with this asso. that was forced on everyone with NO vote. Time for change...
Im ok with you not calling it a raid swamt. Call it an awakening or anything. The only thing i disagree with is that its site says it will take 6-8 months. I think the card signup is going much better which could quicken the process. I wouldnt be surprised if peterson signs a quick deal in an attempt to buy votes but people are truly fed up of the association.

Status
Not open for further replies.