American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, welcome back Goey! Haven't heard from you for a while.

He was talking about AMT's and you were referring to fleet mainly, however, I know I have seen 2 dozen or so folks leave AA for SWA. And yes the majority of them had 10 plus years at AA. Some even had 16-20 plus years. Your comment about the 7-9 year guys thinking they will just vote their jobs away (in a different post) is total BS and you know it. Just another scare tactic. No one will lose their job just because they sign a card or vote for another union, period. Hell, the TWU has done plenty of that over the decades without no change in the unions at all.
I wonder why, eventually pay will reach parity and the ratio of AMTs to planes favors AA so you would think there would be more opportunities with AA..go figure

Oddly i dont recall anyone singing the praises of kirby before the merger with AA
I meet him here in Clt once , I got the impression the lackey with him was interpreting everything we were telling about.( mostly operational stuff)

I meet him here in Clt once , I got the impression the lackey with him was interpreting everything we were telling about.( mostly operational stuff)
Yes and i believe it was Isom.who straighten out PHL to some degree.That by far was the most troubled station

How funny is this? AA still feeling the rath of losing Kirby and will for some time in the future even more now...

Business Reuters
United Airlines picks Scott Kirby to replace Oscar Munoz as CEO
Kirby will eat AA's Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Parker can't compare with Kirby and that's why they got rid of him. Now comes Parkers Karma. Too bad the employees will be left suffering after Parker leaves with his Golden parachute.

140854.png

Why is that arbitration agreement with XJT management important to us?
Because it signifies to management that Sito is open to arbitration upon a rejection.
Thus, management may be willing to take some things off the table now.

Im ok with you not calling it a raid swamt. Call it an awakening or anything. The only thing i disagree with is that its site says it will take 6-8 months. I think the card signup is going much better which could quicken the process. I wouldnt be surprised if peterson signs a quick deal in an attempt to buy votes but people are truly fed up of the association.
YES THEY ARE...

Here's more on AA losing Kirby who the Board did in fact pass over to get Parker at the helm. Extremely bad move.
Take note of the para where the union for the mechanics claim a contract in months.

Business Reuters
As United Airlines seals CEO succession plan, eyes turn to American

"Parker and Isom have blamed lengthy flight delays and cancellations this year on the Boeing 737 MAX grounding and an "illegal work slowdown" by mechanics. The mechanics union has denied the allegations and is in contract talks with the airline, which is aiming for a deal within months."

Any mechs thinking they may have to make a move with the possibility of another contract from this asso to reduced headcounts, SWA will be expanding in Denver big time, Houston, Dallas, BWI, Las Vegas, Florida and L.A. Below is the news on Denver adding 1000's with a great average salaries. New hangar also coming to Denver, size not decided as of yet, stay tuned. Good luck to all that wanna apply...

Southwest Airlines Receives Tax Credits For Denver Expansion ...

Reactions: Rogallo
Let me start this post by saying it is NOT sarcasm but will sound like it.

the Ass to put out update today that progress was made this week.

Don’t fall for it sign the cards.
Keep the drive alive

Reactions: thisjobsux
Status
Not open for further replies.