American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, before Gary bolted for the International he commented in one of his earlier table pounding videos that he had put Mr. Parker on notice...I continue to believe we are on the cusp, we really are on the cusp of something big!
Yes we are.
"MEDIATION"

Stand by for three more years of fist pounding videos from GP.

Yes we are.
"MEDIATION"

Stand by for three more years of fist pounding videos from GP.
I doubt you will see anymore videos with Gary in them. He has escaped what we are all trapped in
and is set for life. You now will see a periodic signature at the bottom of a letter or two.
Gary knows we have been screwed by the Association and he is just thankful he had a place to run to.
I noticed that not one of the IAM negotiators responded when asked about the support for the upcoming picketing on the 23, nor have I seen any postings by the IAM leadership in regards to the picketing.
By the way, the public and the company couldn't careless about the picketing of employees from the worst airline in the industry....a waist of time. Maybe the IAM is on to something!

I doubt you will see anymore videos with Gary in them. He has escaped what we are all trapped in
and is set for life. You now will see a periodic signature at the bottom of a letter or two.
Gary knows we have been screwed by the Association and he is just thankful he had a place to run to.
I noticed that not one of the IAM negotiators responded when asked about the support for the upcoming picketing on the 23, nor have I seen any postings by the IAM leadership in regards to the picketing.
By the way, the public and the company couldn't careless about the picketing of employees from the worst airline in the industry....a waist of time. Maybe the IAM is on to something!
Picketing is a waste of time, unless you are a pilot. When the average wages in the United States are $20 an hour, hard to feel sorry for bag guys making $30 an hour and mechanics making over $50, and you try to tell the public your company is screwing you. They look at you like you are smoking crack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1AA
You won’t see much support from the IAM on the up coming picketing. The IAM knows TWU will vote the contract in and they will lose their pension and medical. This contract is more about more vacation and holidays for the TWU members, then cheaper medical or better work scope!

You won’t see much support from the IAM on the up coming picketing. The IAM knows TWU will vote the contract in and they will lose their pension and medical. This contract is more about more vacation and holidays for the TWU members, then cheaper medical or better work scope!

That’s incorrect Matt. Although the items you mentioned are of course important and wanted by us TWU Members, they’re more just icing on a cake compared to Scope. Reading page 8 through 17 of the IAM CBA should put a chill down anyone’s spine for what the fight is really all about.

http://iam141.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/aa_us_airways_ima_fleet_contract.pdf

As for the Pension if a fair formula for a 401k Contribution/Match is offered there is zero reason that the exchange wouldn’t be made. Your IAMPF Benefits would merely be frozen where they stand on the date of exchange which would likely occur on the first of a year.

On the Medical. With the observed rate rise that the Company has forced down our throats I believe there is now more rank and file support for a better Medical cost structure among TWU Members than what we are currently being offered. Sticker shock can do wonders for people’s thinking.

Pickets are a waste of time. They solve nothing. Passengers in today's world don't care about us . Only themselves and they want to make sure their travel plans go on schedule. Even if a strike or obvious slowdown occurred and the passengers knew it they would fly on another carrier.

AANOTOK,

I will go on record supporting the picket in DFW on the 23rd. I prefer leafleting at security checkpoints.

P. Rez

Reactions: swamt
Now that it has gone to mediation, its done. Company will get whatever it wants and then some in due time. Tim Nelson will be 80 percent correct on a lot of things coming up on fleet side. Congratulations Iam, for screwing the golden goose. mx and fleet at this time cannot walk in front of
Roger Staubach's office in military formation. Iam has really ruined us, I think. Good luck on the show of solidarity, but Iam is in control, and they are under Hobson choice, but that Hobson also hurt the Twu. Look Brazil/s. America is a major strategic alliance, the m/x base isn't going away, get on board with the dfw chamber of commerce and Oklahoma. don' t think even doug or Gless want to deal with the consequences of laying off their neighbors. Iam/us your operations suck and managements your killing the golden goose too. And anyone who says Arpey was a bad guy didn't know Arpey. Doug's probably not a bad guy either, I think his side kick that is now at Ua, ideas worked when he had to turn around a real bad situation, things were never as bad at Aa compared.

That’s incorrect Matt. Although the items you mentioned are of course important and wanted by us TWU Members, they’re more just icing on a cake compared to Scope. Reading page 8 through 17 of the IAM CBA should put a chill down anyone’s spine for what the fight is really all about.

http://iam141.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/aa_us_airways_ima_fleet_contract.pdf

As for the Pension if a fair formula for a 401k Contribution/Match is offered there is zero reason that the exchange wouldn’t be made. Your IAMPF Benefits would merely be frozen where they stand on the date of exchange which would likely occur on the first of a year.

On the Medical. With the observed rate rise that the Company has forced down our throats I believe there is now more rank and file support for a better Medical cost structure among TWU Members than what we are currently being offered. Sticker shock can do wonders for people’s thinking.
IAM outsourcing 50% bill man hours on maintenance work. I think AA 35 % total work outsourced. I can wait for a fair contract for both IAM and TWU

Picketing is a waste of time, unless you are a pilot. When the average wages is the United States are $20 an hour, hard to feel sorry for bag guys making $30 an hour and mechanics making over $50, and you try to tell the public your company is screwing you. They look at you like you are smoking crack.

It's not all about the hourly wage. Our company along with this illegitimate association ARE screwing us. To be clear, AMTs at AA are NOT making $50+ an hour. I've been here over 28 years and my step daughter has better benefits at her new job. Which she has been at a whole 3 weeks. So yeah, we are getting screwed.

Reactions: dfw gen
Get it straight you have cheaper medical we have better scope than you and parker and co want us to give both up . Get pissed at him about possibly losing your medical i am pissed about possibly losing our scope

IAM outsourcing 50% bill man hours on maintenance work. I think AA 35 % total work outsourced. I can wait for a fair contract for both IAM and TWU

Good for you Matt. But apparently many of your Airline Forum co workers aren’t as patient as you. Apparently they don’t mind voting for an even further build of those outsourcing percentages it seems?

It's not all about the hourly wage. Our company along with this illegitimate association ARE screwing us. To be clear, AMTs at AA are NOT making $50+ an hour. I've been here over 28 years and my step daughter has better benefits at her new job. Which she has been at a whole 3 weeks. So yeah, we are getting screwed.

dvlhog how is the Association (Particularly I suppose the IAM?) screwing us if they don’t control the Company Bank Accounts or being able to force the Company to back off their positions for Scope?

I’m absolutely not claiming that the Association is a sweet Peach here but there are things that absolutely are not within their control that they have to try to overcome. (Or should they relent and risk even more hate and animosity when the jobs start to drain out over time)

And if your Step Daughter has better benefits at her new job, then why are we seemingly so quick to want to jump ship and keep our pretty crappy by comparison LAA Medical costs?

Glad to hear we can count you in for the fight for SCOPE and MEDICAL

Verify what Delta and United have for Scope and Medical costs. The company will now attempt to get what their nearest competitors have.

Status
Not open for further replies.