American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to be honest and say that this is not an unreasonable comment.

Fantastic that the IAM Members in CLT and PHX blew off the Company roadshow to try and sell the LAA Medical but you can’t just say no forever without standing up for wha it is you’re saying no about.

TWU has been doing not just the heavy lifting so far but ALL the lifting period.

This IS the truth.
That is why we are where we are.
Its getting close to the time to wake up. Here we are trying to build a relationship with the pilots, flight attendants and gate agents and the iam is content to just stay home and wait it out.
When have we had enough?

they do look bad. eventually, it will help the stock price...whenever they match delta's dividend.

they may have bought back 10 million shares in q3, they'll be buying back more than that in this quarter...with the stock in the low $30s. soon, we'll be at 400 million shares outstanding, after starting out at 755 million. unbelievable.

my c/c went to dfw last week for the rah-rah stuff and parker surprised them with an appearance at an assembly. he asked parker about fuel hedging and parker didn't want to hear about it.

parker said he doesn't want to be caught holding hedges if fuel drops.

the thing is, parker doesn't have to hedge 100% of aa's fuel costs. 15%-20%?? totally rejected the idea.

Crema are you saying Parker showed up at the protest? Lol. If he did that I have to give the guy props for having the stones.

I think ALL the Airlines dropping the hedging is a good idea. That way none of them have any competitive advantage to cause harm to each other if fuel rises and a carrier can’t pass on that cost because another doesn’t need to.

Keeps everything somewhat symmetrical.

great point(s) that would help all in the industry, but always immense pressure to improve profits and reward shareholders and some go awol off the airline reservation.

personally, i would hedge, though, not at these prices. similar to having a diversified portfolio.

hedging also helps you fix your costs, which is gold in our industry. it wouldn't be 100% of your fuel costs..but it would help.

I have to be honest and say that this is not an unreasonable comment.

Fantastic that the IAM Members in CLT and PHX blew off the Company roadshow to try and sell the LAA Medical but you can’t just say no forever without standing up for wha it is you’re saying no about.

TWU has been doing not just the heavy lifting so far but ALL the lifting period.

This IS the truth.
i keep telling you but you dont listen. The iam and Sito will continue making the twu look like morons but as long as you, steve, and the other iam supporting twu members keep kissing iam butt, then nothing will happen.

Reactions: swamt
Kev does not have a Contract.

And I’m not sure “Mr” Nelson but I think you would have to check with Kev many of those cities may be total Ready Reserve staffed? If not there is a healthy mix between the two groups.

It “may” not be as easy for a Class A benefitted Employee to move around at Delta as it is in a Union Shop?

Profit Sharing at AA is a non contractual item as it also is a “gift” granted from Management at Delta Airlines. Delta and AA can change their PS formula grant for most of their employees depending on their whim. My guess is you would prefer to have PS in the security of language as they enjoy at IAM Represented UAL?

I also believe that Delta Employees pay more for their Healtcare benefits than LAA and absolutely far more than you do being IAM Represented.

BTW “Mr” Nelson you do realize they can take everything from Kev in an instant right? They chose to outsource his city to a subcontractor and don’t afford him the opportunity to work anywhere else because they don’t need him as he’s paid too handsomely compared to the RR Class and Kev winds up flat on his back waiting for his unemployment check.

You “Mr” Nelson have Seniority bumping “Rights”
No. the 43 stations are regular employees. Delta mainline has more or equal fleet members than american due to the massive cargo centers. As far as PS, ill take their "gift" and you can take your chiat twu contract that guarantees you stay at the bottom

Btw, contract or not, it hasnt mattered because our contracts change overnight for concessions anyways. Many times without a vote. And I gotta pay for this crap.

The pool at this 6 star hotel was more important for Sito than showing up at a twu only + Pilot rally in DFW.
I tried telling you morons (not all of you) but you dont listen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181024-122749.png
    Screenshot_20181024-122749.png
    703.7 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: anotherdelay
That is why we are where we are.
Its getting close to the time to wake up. Here we are trying to build a relationship with the pilots, flight attendants and gate agents and the iam is content to just stay home and wait it out.
When have we had enough?

What do you suppose can be done about it with an unfortunately mainly complacent workforce? The reality is those raises in Oct 2016 softened people up where they’re too comfortable to care now. Oh sure you have your frustrations but I’m not seeing any real widespread anger floating around anywhere.

BTW the TWU has always had a fairly good relationship with the APA and APFA. And they also provided lots of assistance to the CWA in organizing the PSA over the years. Not to mention we rent office space from them in DC.

I’m afraid this rejection to protest is going to leave a very long term bad taste in people’s mouths about the IAM as an entity. (Again just being completely honest here)

What do you suppose can be done about it with an unfortunately mainly complacent workforce? The reality is those raises in Oct 2016 softened people up where they’re too comfortable to care now. Oh sure you have your frustrations but I’m not seeing any real widespread anger floating around anywhere.

BTW the TWU has always had a fairly good relationship with the APA and APFA. And they also provided lots of assistance to the CWA in organizing the PSA over the years. Not to mention we rent office space from them in DC.

I’m afraid this rejection to protest is going to leave a very long term bad taste in people’s mouths about the IAM as an entity. (Again just being completely honest here)
and why do you think the iam refuses to protest? Not until you realize IAM = Management will you be able to do the math.

TWU....YOU SUCK!

Never considered quitting and going to work for NWA, SWA or DL though have you? LMAO.

I hope whether you want it or not when you retire you get a TWU Express in the mail every quarter just to piss you off how you never could rid yourself of them. (You should have quit and sought employment elsewhere)

Never considered quitting and going to work for NWA, SWA or DL though have you? LMAO.

I hope whether you want it or not when you retire you get a TWU Express in the mail every quarter just to piss you off how you never could rid yourself of them. (You should have quit and sought employment elsewhere)

3 rejections in the last 3 months.

I welcome the TWU Express. I like to see how great the other divisions under the giant umbrella are doing.

Hang on to that teat, it's got lots of milk!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts