American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure it did. extra week vaca, shift differ, yes on $33, 10 holidays, holiday premium, all holiday time worked at 1.5x (so 2.5 hr pay), True double time after 12th hour on days worked, overtime bypass pay, suspension pay, 9% retirement.

The FTE is $13,000. For you, its a bit more. For me, i gotta pay another $90 a month for your insurance so ill bag an additional fte of im guessing $12,000? Cltrat family heath prolly means he is cost positive by $9,000 since he is a lead and his lead pay will be bumped up.
True displacement protections, so any lead stays a lead. FT cant be displaced to pt.

Haven’t heard anything about an extra week of vacation and if that were to be added when would that come? On my 30th year? I have only 24 years, so doesn’t affect me.

No on $33 unless you’re talking about at the end of 5 years. I gave you the math off the Company quoted 3% ($32.17) Not counting the Industry standard Shift Differential. (Our Profit Sharing sucks)

Holidays yes (Thanks AMT’s)

You’ll almost never see going in to the Double Time OT Pay and I don’t work OT, so it doesn’t affect me. And we already have OT bypass pay in TWU contract.

9% 401k match is insufficient for the exchange the Company wants for discontinuing contributions to your IAMPF. The 401k offer should be a higher contribution and a higher match. 6% contribution, 5% Match would be reasonable.

TWU side will also likely take a concession in the pay scales from 9 years to 12 if that stands. So that alone is a massive long term savings for the Company after they Buyout more Senior Employees.

Show me IN WRITING this “true displacement language” you’re talking about? So far I’ve heard NOTHING about it’s existence?

Your memory is failing you.

The stated 50/50 goal is correct.

On a system level, the percentage of RR’s is much lower. For now, anyway...

Benefitted PT is also significantly lower on a system level. They want to move away from that altogether, and as much as possible just have FT and RR (that’s per a previous regional manager, so take it for what it’s worth).

This is about the 3rd or 4th time we’ve been over this, Dave. Maybe now it’ll stick?

Well because you have no Union and no means to require the Company to provide you that information like we have here at LAA TWU where it’s updated every day, all I have to rely on is you and the speculators off those Facebook pages.

Plus you work in a very small city so you can’t use your city as a gauge.

But now what you’re saying is that they are upgrading PT to FT and you think you are closing in on 50% Benefitted FT and the rest will be Ready Reserve?

All I really want to know is how many Benefitted FT do you have over there and how many Mainline Ramp workers are there?

We have about 18,000 and 70% of them are Benefitted FT and the other 30% are Benefitted PT. We are ALL on the same payscales (12 years with the 2016 raises)

I don’t use my station as a gauge. We only have 1 PT’er, btw.

They are certainly not doing 1:1 upgrades from RR to FT. That’s a poor conclusion to come to. The 50/50 goal and moving away (as much as possible) from benefitted PT are more medium to long term goals. That’s what we’ve been told by the C-Suite. Take it for what it’s worth.

And yes, I would love a system seniority list updated daily. Other divisions here have hem. It’s a great asset that I don’t think a lot of people think about. But I’ve already told you that, too...

I don’t use my station as a gauge. We only have 1 PT’er, btw.

They are certainly not doing 1:1 upgrades from RR to FT. That’s a poor conclusion to come to. The 50/50 goal and moving away (as much as possible) from benefitted PT are more medium to long term goals. That’s what we’ve been told by the C-Suite. Take it for what it’s worth.

And yes, I would love a system seniority list updated daily. Other divisions here have hem. It’s a great asset that I don’t think a lot of people think about. But I’ve already told you that, too...

Think about it this way. If Delta Management were proud of their treatment of your workgroup in the numbers of Full Time Jobs they provide against Ready Reserves then they would display a System Seniority list like a proud Peacock looking for a mate.

The reason they likely don’t do so is the numbers would paint a terrible picture of where you really stand as a group and it would be used against them in the IAM drive.

Much like the experiment they tried here in MIA with the Temps, your Company will capitalize on the available manpower that will take those shitty RR positions or who will be stupid enough to remain in them while the Fisherman with the Dollar on a hook keeps pulling it away and laughing.

BTW we recommended to all those Temps that if they get offered a Temp assignment again in 6 Months they should refuse to accept and let Management know that they require a real Job.

The fact that they passed the Federal background check and received a Customs seal makes them very valuable.

They just have to realize that value.

I know. Doesn’t stop them from trying to “message” the heck out of it, though. Can’t go 10 feet w/o seeing something about how they’ve upgraded people...

I just worry as they upgrade these individuals they weed out people like yourself who are at the top of the rung? Yes I did read what they are doing to Dan.

The job market being so tight does help of course but remember Kev on paper to these companies you and I are nothing more than cost items. That’s it. Nothing more than numbers on a flow chart.

Source?

I was just on there, and there is nothing posted about that at all.

Takes 11.5 years.

It'd be great if someone would actually inform me that I was for sure getting that amount.
I think bob is asking how many actually reach top pay the myth being you are non union and they fire you before you reach top pay.Its been my observation the turnover rate at DL full timers is on par with the industry

I think bob is asking how many actually reach top pay the myth being you are non union and they fire you before you reach top pay.Its been my observation the turnover rate at DL full timers is on par with the industry

Neither one of us could be sure of your observation.

And I’m sure they don’t let them go en mass but it certainly is a trickle as I read them on the DL Group pages.

Neither one of us could be sure of your observation.

And I’m sure they don’t let them go en mass but it certainly is a trickle as I read them on the DL Group pages.
Well i know dl people for 30 40 years thats my observation.We shared a bagroom.with them in the early 80s and again the last 5 years up to leaving for AA

I would say the turnover rate is the same as it’s always been. 9/11 (and then BK) certainly purged some people, as did some previous buyouts.

But the idea that DL is some sort of “Logan’s Run” just isn’t accurate.

I would say the turnover rate is the same as it’s always been. 9/11 (and then BK) certainly purged some people, as did some previous buyouts.

But the idea that DL is some sort of “Logan’s Run” just isn’t accurate.

I never said DL was a blood bath. I said from reading your Group pages it’s a slow trickle.

Kev, Dan McC took down his post? Did the Widget throw even more pressure on the man? Why don’t you tell Al about Dan. I wonder if he’s going to be the next Kip?

You’re in our Group pages BTW. When was the last time you read anyone there ever say they got canned? Have you EVER read anyone say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.