American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I compare to Rampers all over the Country who lift bags unlike you who cherry picks. The ONLY reason you are still where you are is because Delta has never not had the IAM nipping at their heels since you LOST your Union.

If the IAM ever shuts down it’s effort your World will turn upside down pretty quick would be my guess.

BTW SWA Ramp also has far less Rampers than we have at the merged AA. Overall in General they do in full value compensation make more than us as they should since they never went Bankrupt. And are not still stuck under BK agreements like we are at AA.
well then why AFTER the IAM came in, management wiped out almost all of our stations and all of cargo? If they were fearful prior to the IAM, certainly they weren't after we made the mistake and voted them in.

Kevin up in Canada can you show me your Delta Airlines legally binding Employment Contract that protects what you have so Management can’t just take it from you on a whim?

This is what an Employment Contract looks like. The one I am protected under is 209 pages long.

http://local502.twuatd.org/wp-content/uploads/file/aa_FleetServiceAgreement.pdf
^^^Company Man^^^
That's the same one that locks you into NOTHING. **** overtime. **** holidays, sick time, vacation, awful health care, crapola everything else. You would be better off and have many more benefits if you got rid of that nasty contract that locks you into pennilessness. It is so bad that the company felt sorry for your ass and gave you profit sharing out of the goodness of its heart. Sorry dave but we gotta keep it real.

You LOST everything.

Nah.

In reality, Kev has been much better off. He is probably $500,000 ahead of me, career wise, due to me being limited with IAM representation. Just the profit sharing alone is probably an accumulation with interest of well over $300,000. The IAM cut out my profit sharing when it brought in the IAM Pension. That's the part that I'm going to stick up your asses if you ever do get an election at Delta. I can guarantee 100% that if the IAM ever were to get in at Delta, that their profit sharing will be gone and replaced with the IAM Pension. Our profit sharing wasn't much but it was 2%, which is better than the one we have no that the company freely give us without it being a contract term.

I don't know that it's that high for the ramp, but it's certainly helped a lot of people get ahead/pay off debt/etc. It also makes for a more engaged employee.

And it would be really really nice if we could point to a peer group CBA as a better example, but that isn't happening currently.

well then why AFTER the IAM came in, management wiped out almost all of our stations and all of cargo? If they were fearful prior to the IAM, certainly they weren't after we made the mistake and voted them in.

+1

Yeah, it's a little hard for someone in a line station to point to a UA or AA CBA as any sort of assurance of staying open. UA's used to be fantastic. Now, not so much.

Kevin up in Canada can you show me your Delta Airlines legally binding Employment Contract that protects what you have so Management can’t just take it from you on a whim?

Sure thing.

did_you_know_feature.jpg

Last edited:
Sure thing.

did_you_know_feature.jpg

Oh I’m sorry. Someone just informed me that you are across the border on the US side living in N Dakota. That United Steelworker Contract is for Rampers who actually live and work in Canada.

You don’t have one of them. You have NOTHING at all.

Oh and if you would be so kind as to not include your friend in your responses to me it would be greatly appreciated. I’m personally trying to abide by the ignore feature when I put posters on it and including me and them together does create confusion.

Kev I want to let you in on something. I have yet to have ever heard one TWU or IAM Member, Union Rep or Union official ever say that we are motivated to gain an agreement with the Airline that will assist the organizers at Delta Ramp be able to entice people to sign more cards.

If you can’t get them to sign cards by pointing out the value of having language that helps you keep what you have then you need to hang up your hat and call it a day.

We’re honestly not here for you.

Maybe, but under your current scope, I really wouldn't have anything. My point would've closed awhile ago.

And as sh*tty as our displacement language is, it's [i[still[/i] better than juniority.

You have NOTHING at all. I don’t care about your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.