American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Peterson dropped by the DFW hanger breakroom yesterday for a little Q & A session. All of Tim Nelson's rumors were put to bed. Gary stated that the company "so far" is balking at recommending their contract proposal be put up for vote. The company has to recommend it be voted on, then if the Association doesn't like what's in it, they can recommend a NO vote. Ideally it would be at least an agreement in principle or AIP that both sides agreed on - put up for vote. The scope is still an issue because of definitions on hours worked by a licensed AMT overseeing 10 unlicensed repair persons at a maintenance vendor. Company was trying to pull a fast one by not including the labor of the unlicensed repair people - as an example. With title II being sunsetted, the issue of who will be doing building maintenance in the future needs to be defined as well.

On vacation, the company wants 5th week at 25 years and 6th week at 30 years seniority. Union is pointing out that nobody in the industry has to wait that long, not even within AA in other groups. Asking for 5th week at 17 years, and 6th week at 25 years. 7th week was traded for SWA pay plus 3% - much higher than UAL.

Profit sharing was to match Delta's.

Company is sticking with the very weak $3K signing bonus, and doesn't want to pay RETRO. They also want to force all LAA into this weird $3K interest free loan situation, to cover the week or two for our pay to match up with the Workbrain System. Turns out, Workbrain can handle all the payroll as it is now, and there is absolutely no reason to force the change, it is only because some genius at HDQ wants to put everybody through this unnecessary process.

Company is pushing for title III to accomplish aircraft moves, which system wide could reduce line AMT headcount by over 700. That's a non starter.

Anyway, Gary stated they are not done trying to get something done before the end of 2019 per Doug Parkers statements last week. Tenative dates for continued talks are being set for mid January. That's about it.
I have no clue if anything you have posted is correct, but would like to point something out. You said that Peterson said they are still working towards getting something done before the end of 2019. Then you state that dates are set for mid Jan.? Do you really think they are working that hard to get it done by end of 2019? And now do you really believe anything Peterson just said?? Be careful what frauds tell you. yes I said fraud.

With this higher profit sharing versus a higher hourly wage.Someone has to use last years numbers wirh the new higher percentage to see if this is acceptable. I mean we have a chit load more employees than the other 3 carriers
This is the first I/we have heard (from the table) that SWA + 3% is being offered. It also stated that the new SWA+3 is in place of the 7th week ask. That's way better than the original UAL or Delta +7%. Take the SWA+3% over the 7th week, no brainer. If that is all true.

The specific wording was "double digit" ps. I assumed 10%. But Deltas plan is alot closer to D + 7% than D3 imo.
Whatever the case, ill take delta wage and delta ps over D3. That will be a major coup for the association which will and should get full credit even though swampt will fuss otherwise.
Tim, remember, double digit could also represent something like 7.3% or 9.3% like we have at SWA. Just because it was stated as double digit does not automatically put it at or above 10% plus. It really could mean as low as 5.5% too. assuming is all you can do without any real legit updates, and I too will not believe NOTHING comming out of GP's double crossed mouthpiece.

Tim, remember, double digit could also represent something like 7.3% or 9.3% like we have at SWA. Just because it was stated as double digit does not automatically put it at or above 10% plus. It really could mean as low as 5.5% too. assuming is all you can do without any real legit updates, and I too will not believe NOTHING comming out of GP's double crossed mouthpiece.
Or 0.0% you forgot that double digit.

Its 10%. I think this is coming in january in attempt to squash amfa.
It may come with a no recommendation judging by GPs drama. But all staged.
I doubt the mx are that fickle to let the association off the hook cuz of a presumed ta. Few want the association.

Or 0.0% you forgot that double digit.
Let's all hope it is NOT the double O.OT.

Its 10%. I think this is coming in january in attempt to squash amfa.
It may come with a no recommendation judging by GPs drama. But all staged.
I doubt the mx are that fickle to let the association off the hook cuz of a presumed ta. Few want the association.
They better not let the asso. off. Keep the card drive going rather T/A comes or not. Mechanics are sick and tired and fed up to the max. Set your selves free.

I have no clue if anything you have posted is correct, but would like to point something out. You said that Peterson said they are still working towards getting something done before the end of 2019. Then you state that dates are set for mid Jan.? Do you really think they are working that hard to get it done by end of 2019? And now do you really believe anything Peterson just said?? Be careful what frauds tell you. yes I said fraud.

This is the first I/we have heard (from the table) that SWA + 3% is being offered. It also stated that the new SWA+3 is in place of the 7th week ask. That's way better than the original UAL or Delta +7%. Take the SWA+3% over the 7th week, no brainer. If that is all true.

I know I said both that they are not giving up on 2019, but dates are also set in January now. Also, I never said I believed him - only repeating what he said.

Let's all hope it is NOT the double O.OT.

They better not let the asso. off. Keep the card drive going rather T/A comes or not. Mechanics are sick and tired and fed up to the max. Set your selves free.
Past experience shows guys lose interest in a drive once a contract is signed. If this happens again then nothing has changed in the mentality of the AMT. If we are really sick and tired then the drive will continue without delay and until the goal is reached.

Past experience shows guys lose interest in a drive once a contract is signed. If this happens again then nothing has changed in the mentality of the AMT. If we are really sick and tired then the drive will continue without delay and until the goal is reached.
I would be curious what the card count is after the first month. I know they havent started to be turned in. Just curious if the reception at other stations has been as enthusiastic as mine was

Can't agree with you more. I can only hope the drive stays with them all the way through.

Time for Ron to make an appearance!

Stupid.jpg

You asked for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts