American IDs

vsi0 said:
Anyone NOT pick up the new ID?
The new IDs feature the first name in huge bold letters in the middle, with the full name in much smaller type above.  Not that it's a big deal in a world full of problems, but I'm curious why the first name is suddenly so prominent?  It's that way on FA and pilot IDs, and I assume others as well.

MK

kirkpatrick said:
The new IDs feature the first name in huge bold letters in the middle, with the full name in much smaller type above.  Not that it's a big deal in a world full of problems, but I'm curious why the first name is suddenly so prominent?  It's that way on FA and pilot IDs, and I assume others as well.

MK

It was the same with US Airways IDs issued after the merged (wth Americas Worst Airline) employee numbers were issued.  Might be a Tempe Brain Trust thing.  A "just call me Dave" obsession.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
It's a culture thing.

I've noticed passengers calling me by my first name since it's right there hanging on my pocket.  That doesn't really bother me, but there are FAs who prefer to be called by their last names and their company issued name tags reflect that.  This invites a one-way familiarity which some might not appreciate.  The company doesn't want me walking up to 3A and saying, George, would you like something to drink before dinner?

MK

kirkpatrick said:

I've noticed passengers calling me by my first name since it's right there hanging on my pocket.  That doesn't really bother me, but there are FAs who prefer to be called by their last names and their company issued name tags reflect that.  This invites a one-way familiarity which some might not appreciate.  The company doesn't want me walking up to 3A and saying, George, would you like something to drink before dinner?

MK

I try to remember to wear my badge reversed when not in an area where it is required by regulation to be viewed.  Passengers can then call me "Known Crew Member," which I am fine with.