April/May 2013 IAM Fleet Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree kev. blackmagic with the twu and iam joining forces how does that make it 1 union or are you talkin about when there would be an election

Yes when the election happens and there is 1 union representing fleet the company will be more apt to a new contract. Looking at it from a companies perspective..sure they may meet the IAM in Chicago and go through the typical motions to pretend they are negotiating, stall, ect. BUT behind the scenes company knows they will have a single operating certificate come the fall of this year. Once that happens the company will declare that an election needs to happen as it will only negotiate with 1 union to represent fleet (IAM, TWU, IBT,whoever)

Yes when the election happens and there is 1 union representing fleet the company will be more apt to a new contract. Looking at it from a companies perspective..sure they may meet the IAM in Chicago and go through the typical motions to pretend they are negotiating, stall, ect. BUT behind the scenes company knows they will have a single operating certificate come the fall of this year. Once that happens the company will declare that an election needs to happen as it will only negotiate with 1 union to represent fleet (IAM, TWU, IBT,whoever)

MR. Magic......The agreement between the TWU and the IAM forms an Association which will oversee a Joint CBA. By the formation of this Association Both Unions (TWU and IAM) will together call for single carrier status when they deem. The NMB will then have an election for either the Association (TWU/IAM) or no union. It will definitely be in the best interests of the "New" American Airlines Fleet to have a union. This will strengthen the section six negotiations occurring at USAirways and in the long run benefit our brothers and sisters at AA. For clarity purposes you may want to visit iam141.org and read the association agreement and also the Q&A that also addresses some of the more common questions that are being asked. Get a hold of your AGC and open up a line of communication to see if there are any more questions that are being asked and make them find the answers for you. After all, the AGCs work for us.

Yes, there is not an option for either the TWU or the IAM. It will be the Association or no Union. Only two choices. Have you had an opportunity to read all the related documentation that was released by both unions?

Page 6, paragraph 11 of the "TWU & IAM JOINT AGREEMENT FOR THE FORMATION OF THE AIRLINE FLEET SERVICE EMPLOYEE ASSOCIATION - TWU/IAM

From what I understand, the US NC is close. I don't know if that's two months close or "Well, we think we're close o having an agreement" but the bottom line is there will be a TA sometimes soon. Soon to me is probably less then six months. I'm not going to say a word aobut what the NC is or isn't doing because NO ONE KNOWS! Anyone that says "I have a source and they're giving me all this detailed information" is full of it. The NC is doing whatever they're doing. We'll see the results when the TA is out. If it comes out with $22.50 top out, no scope improvements and a mild change to sick time I'm gonna be pissed. Until it comes out, however, there's nothing to be pissed about!
necigrad,
I agree everyone should hold judgement until we see a TA. In the meantime... full support for our NC.

Yes, there is not an option for either the TWU or the IAM. It will be the Association or no Union. Only two choices. Have you had an opportunity to read all the related documentation that was released by both unions?
Question. What if another union (outside of the AFL-CIO i.e. IBT) were to file, with enough cards, with the NMB? Would the options be The Association, the IBT or no union?

If another Union was able to get roughly 8500 signed cards I suppose after verification from the NMB they would be one of the options. Remember, you must take into account all the furloughs on both USAirways and AA when you embark on an endeavor like that. The Association was formed based upon the active fleet service employees on both airlines currently.

I think IMO one of the best things about the coalition being formed as far as the NC is concerned. Is that it gives us more leverage in section 6 negotiations. We now don't have the probability of a full blown election waiting in the wings between the two unions. An election could have halted negotiations for awhile. We now go back to the table with that threat gone. I think that is huge.

Reactions: 2 people
cb thats good and im sure that probably has mgmt thinking sh!t or may be they did that in their pants thinkin its a no brainer we will be dealing with the twu rather than the iam.... i bet that has to be their thinking i could be wrong i think that the union led by the nc team should maximize all of the leverage now now is the time and hopefully we will have something to look forward to in the coming months or weeks to vote on

MR. Magic......The agreement between the TWU and the IAM forms an Association which will oversee a Joint CBA. By the formation of this Association Both Unions (TWU and IAM) will together call for single carrier status when they deem. The NMB will then have an election for either the Association (TWU/IAM) or no union. It will definitely be in the best interests of the "New" American Airlines Fleet to have a union. This will strengthen the section six negotiations occurring at USAirways and in the long run benefit our brothers and sisters at AA. For clarity purposes you may want to visit iam141.org and read the association agreement and also the Q&A that also addresses some of the more common questions that are being asked. Get a hold of your AGC and open up a line of communication to see if there are any more questions that are being asked and make them find the answers for you. After all, the AGCs work for us.
In that context, the association is interesting, i.e., instead of either the TWU or IAM trying to block the other and calling single carrier before it is time, the association holds back from calling single carrier [and pissing off the company for doing so] until the US AIRWAYS fleet service can get a solid section 6 contract. Interesting. regards,

I think IMO one of the best things about the coalition being formed as far as the NC is concerned. Is that it gives us more leverage in section 6 negotiations. We now don't have the probability of a full blown election waiting in the wings between the two unions. An election could have halted negotiations for awhile. We now go back to the table with that threat gone. I think that is huge.
I agree. Does this coalition for fleet service still stand if the MX go IBT or amfa or is this Fleet service coalition hinge on a particular outcome with the mechanics? regards,

I agree. Does this coalition for fleet service still stand if the MX go IBT or amfa or is this Fleet service coalition hinge on a particular outcome with the mechanics? regards,
It still stands. Each group is individual. I wondered the same thing. But fleet would still stand.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.