April/May 2013 IAM Fleet Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
the jury is still out that I guess, but I have not either.
Spoke to the UA Chairperson in my station on Tuesday. They have yet to see the survey of members that was promised by the district shortly after the rejection of the TA. He has heard the district and UA are back in negotiations without a mediator. Don't know if that is true or not. As of this date there has been no survey presented to the UA members in my station. Not a good early indicator.

Spoke to the UA Chairperson in my station on Tuesday. They have yet to see the survey of members that was promised by the district shortly after the rejection of the TA. He has heard the district and UA are back in negotiations without a mediator. Don't know if that is true or not. As of this date there has been no survey presented to the UA members in my station. Not a good early indicator.
lehive botched the survey after working on it for 5 weeks. It was either go back to square zero or concoct some bs agenda switch so that is what delaney decided.
Claims it is now better to put out a survey after another round of negotiations are complete. These guys are truly naive. Not saying a third survey was needed anyways because our eboard just doesnt listen anyways. At any rate, front and center up to bat is usairways negotiations and it seems as if delaney has convinced all nc members except one (maybe two), that now isnt the time to negotiate "things that will just get in the way like scope and retirement", and instead shelve that for transition talks and pick up a token wage increase. Like he did at united, he says the real focus is in transition talks. Unlike at United where he hung in section 6 until one year after single carrier, he is wanting to punt these talks and dress up transition talks in record time. Minus a tiny wage bump.
Unfortunately, the unions low bar proposal will surely lower the bar on managements proposals. Things keep getting worse. regards,

Reactions: 1 person
We haven't even heard from the District after the failed TA.
Do they even have a strategy? Because we haven't had surveys yet; the last time surveys were taken was after the ATW election. We've been surveyed after surveyed before that and we all know what the main two (or three) things that we want: Scope; Medical; retro for the sUA members are amongst the main things that we want. None of our concerns was even considered in the failed TA.

Some agcs are now saying that we will b getting 15 additional stations as a result of this merger.
However, what they arent telling u is that assumes management is going to sign a transition contract that recognizes a blending of stations.
The reality is far removed as unless our negotiation team gets enhanced scope with no drop dead dates in these section 6 talks then it is highly unlikely that half our stations will survive some mythical transition agreement 5+ years down the road. Remember, if we dont get it in writing then dont count on transition talks.
Same thing happened at United. regards,

Do they even have a strategy? Because we haven't had surveys yet; the last time surveys were taken was after the ATW election. We've been surveyed after surveyed before that and we all know what the main two (or three) things that we want: Scope; Medical; retro for the sUA members are amongst the main things that we want. None of our concerns was even considered in the failed TA.
there is a golf outing next week. Maybe they will discuss it there. Not that a 2.5% wage increase is so great but at it is looking alot better than anything the iam was gonna get you. 141rising hasnt got one single pay increase for 35,000 members in 5 years even though other unions have. Roaily keeps the faith though and insist these guys are different. Lmao regards,

Here-in lies the problem. A membership that was surveyed. Survey results: SCOPE, MEDICAL improvements and retro. as the top three. None of which were achieved with the TA the district signed at UA. Outcome: An overwhelming rejection of the transition agreement by the membership. Apparently, the NC and the district did not have enough leverage in transition negotiations to achieve the membership's expectations. So why would the district try the same strategy with the US Fleet contract? Kicking the can down the road to transition agreement negotiations for percieved improvements is a failed strategy. Quality leadership learns from past mistakes. They adapt, improvise to changing conditions and ultimately achieve. The US NC and the district needs to do the same. Time will tell. The jury is still out. The membership is watching!

there is a golf outing next week. Maybe they will discuss it there. Not that a 2.5% wage increase is so great but at it is looking alot better than anything the iam was gonna get you. 141rising hasnt got one single pay increase for 35,000 members in 5 years even though other unions have. Roaily keeps the faith though and insist these guys are different. Lmao regards,

Nelson,

My question is when do you friggin’ work? (or maybe ARE working)You post at all hours 24/7! Anyway... get over it ... you lost! The Unions are forming a coalition so you won’t be able to fan the flames during a representation election. Let’s face it... no matter who is in office, you will gripe. I guess you’ll attempt to undermine the TWU after the coalition since you had no luck with the IAM!

Keeps posting malcontent... its fun to watch your efforts fail!

Reactions: 3 people
Here-in lies the problem. A membership that was surveyed. Survey results: SCOPE, MEDICAL improvements and retro. as the top three. None of which were achieved with the TA the district signed at UA. Outcome: An overwhelming rejection of the transition agreement by the membership. Apparently, the NC and the district did not have enough leverage in transition negotiations to achieve the membership's expectations. So why would the district try the same strategy with the US Fleet contract? Kicking the can down the road to transition agreement negotiations for percieved improvements is a failed strategy. Quality leadership learns from past mistakes. They adapt, improvise to changing conditions and ultimately achieve. The US NC and the district needs to do the same. Time will tell. The jury is still out. The membership is watching!

Cargo,

There is one item that you, me, and even Nelson are in agreement on! It’s time to ditch the “let’s wait till transition talks strategy”... especially with the developments regarding the coalition! Why wait?-- Let’s bite the bullet now... and Git-R-Done!

Cargo,

There is one item that you, me, and even Nelson are in agreement on! It’s time to ditch the “let’s wait till transition talks strategy”... especially with the developments regarding the coalition! Why wait?-- Let’s bite the bullet now... and Git-R-Done!
Thank you for the endorsement. There is indeed a common interest. Let's get that message to the NC and the district. Improvements now! Transition talks afterward. It's never too late to change strategy brother.

From what I understand, the US NC is close. I don't know if that's two months close or "Well, we think we're close o having an agreement" but the bottom line is there will be a TA sometimes soon. Soon to me is probably less then six months. I'm not going to say a word aobut what the NC is or isn't doing because NO ONE KNOWS! Anyone that says "I have a source and they're giving me all this detailed information" is full of it. The NC is doing whatever they're doing. We'll see the results when the TA is out. If it comes out with $22.50 top out, no scope improvements and a mild change to sick time I'm gonna be pissed. Until it comes out, however, there's nothing to be pissed about!

Reactions: 2 people
from what i had heard their next round of negogiations is set for the first week of june in chicago... hopefully they will get a lot more progress esp in light of the week's development of the twu/iam coming together after the merger of the 2 air carriers

from what i had heard their next round of negogiations is set for the first week of june in chicago... hopefully they will get a lot more progress esp in light of the week's development of the twu/iam coming together after the merger of the 2 air carriers

My speculation is the meeting in Chicago is purely for formalities and the company has no serious plans to a new contract with the IAM. They know the likely surviving union with be TWU. Managment has been very vocal with other work groups that it will only negotiate with 1 union to represent its respected work groups.

i agree kev. blackmagic with the twu and iam joining forces how does that make it 1 union or are you talkin about when there would be an election

Status
Not open for further replies.