City of Dallas tells Delta it can no longer fly out of Love Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the proof DL won't dilute its revenue - that's right there is none

WorldTraveler said:
no, fankids are those who make statements like what was made above that have no factual backing whatsoever.

And what would you call posters that repeatedly fabricate data and make up definitions to sell a narrative?

Reactions: 2 people
And what would you call posters that repeatedly fabricate data and make up definitions to sell a narrative?
I would all them liars.

but as much as you and others including FWAAA would like to make that charge about me, I haven't fabricated anything.

I have made errors in transcribing data but have ALWAYS acknowledged it when it has been brought to mu attention.

But hey, it is a whole lot easier to call someone a liar and fraud when they make one mistake, even when they acknowledge it, than to acknowledge that they do accurately report hundreds of data points = and their assessment of the industry based on those data points is accurate, isn't it?

I'm not the least bit worried about your charges of lying... because what you are really doing is trying to look for anything to argue that I don't want to know what I am talking about - when the overwhelming evidence is that I do and have on dozens of major subjects that have graced the pages of this and other aviation chat forums....

Whatever, WT. You've clearly never dealt with leases. I have, and there's no way anyone is paying less than market rates for that gate space.

But please, do continue to live in your fantasy that says DL is winning on every front.
and plz live in your fantasy land which you have pushed repeatedly that DAL is worthless and has no commercial value, just as you were convinced that WN would grow ATL.

doesn't matter what experience you have leases. There is nothing published that shows that DL or VX are paying above market rates, is there? and given that there was a government divestiture order to increase competition, the chances that AA could have gotten by with jacking up the rent to VX is slim to none.  DL knows what the rents at DAL are - DAL is a public facility - and would have screamed bloody murder if they didn't get market based rents - just as DL threatened to sue to gain access if it was denied.

let's face it... you and others were wrong on DAL from the beginning and have been hoping that DL would be kicked out, even among those who wouldn't argue that it would happen. this thread has kept a non-labor topic open longer than perhaps any other in airline forums history - and I have been the one that has argued repeatedly that DL would be at DAL whether they got 2 gates or space for 6 flights.

Where is the proof DL won't dilute its revenue - that's right there is none

actually, 793 air miles north at MDW, an airport that AA and UA decided they weren't interested in serving. and cross town at ORD which WN doesn't serve. and MKE which DL recognized has value as a strong focus city.

DL is the only airline that serves MDW,ORD, and MKE to each of DL's hubs - and DL has a revenue advantage in those markets. heck, DL is the only one of the big 4 that serves all 3 of those airports at all.

The hope, once again, among the AA fankids is that no one else would succeed if AA couldn't be at DAL and because it would threaten DFW.

The reality is that AA mgmt. knew all along that DAL is a viable airport and each carrier that is there where space is highly limited will do very well.

DL will be at DAL, will succeed at what DL does there, and given that DL's service for now will involve only ATL but WN isn't willing to start DTW or MSP as it once threatened to do, the DAL issue might just blow over with DL and WN both serving ATL and the rest of the market growth ideas will stay on the shelf.

And AA has traded access to DAL for approval of its merger and in the process has allowed one more competitive assault on its largest hub.

WorldTraveler said:
I would all them liars.

but as much as you and others including FWAAA would like to make that charge about me, I haven't fabricated anything.

I have made errors in transcribing data but have ALWAYS acknowledged it when it has been brought to mu attention.

Hey Liar,

You say you haven't fabricated anything?  Does the phrase DL is a new entrant ring a bell to you?
I don't think that rounding up things like market share % to suit a narrative is a transcription error.
And speaking of acknowledging mistakes - would you care to discuss the MTOW of the B777 vs A330 again or how much cargo AA allegedly walked away from? 

WholeTruth, right?

Reactions: 6 people
Hey Liar,

You say you haven't fabricated anything?  Does the phrase DL is a new entrant ring a bell to you?
I don't think that rounding up things like market share % to suit a narrative is a transcription error.
And speaking of acknowledging mistakes - would you care to discuss the MTOW of the B777 vs A330 again or how much cargo AA allegedly walked away from? 

WholeTruth, right?
I don't make the rules about who is entitled to serve DAL, now do I?

page after page on this forum was dedicated to arguing that only new entrants would be allowed to serve DAL - and yet DL is still there.

so which leg of your argument would you like to admit was wrong given that we have now passed 1 year since VX was awarded the 2 gates?

There is no way MKE is anything but a money-suck for DL. Airlines with far lower costs than DL have lost great sums in that pit of an airport.
of course it loses money... because the notion that anyone else could succeed is beyond your ability to comprehend if AA isn't there.

if you would bother to remember, NW had a strong historical position in MKE, involved itself in a number of strategic plans - some of which worked and some of which didn't - and DL has returned to its position of strength in the market.

so, yeah, based on average fares from MKE, either DL makes money or AA/US doesn't since DL's average fares are higher than AA/US. So are you sure that MKE is a money pit?

or is that perhaps like DAL and MDW, someone else just happened to see a market there and has been willing to commit to it even if another cAArrier did not.

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:

Hey Liar,

WholeTruth, right?
He also just lied about admitting when he has made an error and that he has admitted as such, Ha, hahahahahaha.  WOW when does this crap stop from him.  I think Robbed is correct he simply needs some mental help.  And the other guy (sorry forgot who it was at time of this posting) who posted the deff of the different delusions hit the nail on the head too...

Reactions: 4 people
WorldTraveler said:
I don't make the rules about who is entitled to serve DAL, now do I?

page after page on this forum was dedicated to arguing that only new entrants would be allowed to serve DAL - and yet DL is still there.

so which leg of your argument would you like to admit was wrong given that we have now passed 1 year since VX was awarded the 2 gates?

Hi Liar,

You spent page after page after page lecturing on how the DAL + WN + city of Dallas are breaking the law (by following the rules of the Wright Amendment) and DL was going to teach them a lesson in the courts.  A large part of your "legal argument" was that DL is a new entrant carrier.

But nice spin.

spinning-basketball-on-finger-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: 3 people
And to this day he has not admitted that he was also wrong about the 2 gates that Delta was going to get or file a suit (no suit filed to this day) and they are currently only operating out of one gate.  He also has not admitted that Delta was selling way more tickets for double the amount of flights that Delta end up serving at LF due to the fact they only got 1 gate instead of the 2 gates they were selling tickets for to try and force the COD hands to give them the 2 gates.  He still has not admitted that Delta either canceled, relocated to DFW, or simply refunded all the funds that they did sell out of LF but never got the gates to service what they sold tickets for, at LF.  About 10-11 additional flights were never produced at LF due to being able to only lease one partial gate that has to be shared.  Which is yet another thing he has never admitted, I told him from the get go Delta, (if they stay at LF) will in fact have to share a gate with one of the other airlines, and this is exactly what they are currently doing on a temp basis, so they don't even have a full gate at LF.  They are only doing 5 flights to ATL.  That's a hell of alot less than Delta was advertising and selling tickets for 18-21 flights from LF, far from it.  Whatever happened to those flights?  He never would answer, never has answered, always avoided all the above info and of course has never admitted any of it.  So yes he is still just lying and delusional...

Reactions: 2 people
Hi Liar,

You spent page after page after page lecturing on how the DAL + WN + city of Dallas are breaking the law (by following the rules of the Wright Amendment) and DL was going to teach them a lesson in the courts.  A large part of your "legal argument" was that DL is a new entrant carrier.

But nice spin.

whether DL is a new entrant or not, DL is still there and dozens of people on this forum argued that DL could not remain there because they are a legacy carrier who was at DAL.

can you explain why DL is still at DAL?

all of the name calling doesn't change that DL is still there exactly as I said they would be.

And to this day he has not admitted that he was also wrong about the 2 gates that Delta was going to get or file a suit (no suit filed to this day) and they are currently only operating out of one gate.  He also has not admitted that Delta was selling way more tickets for double the amount of flights that Delta end up serving at LF due to the fact they only got 1 gate instead of the 2 gates they were selling tickets for to try and force the COD hands to give them the 2 gates.  He still has not admitted that Delta either canceled, relocated to DFW, or simply refunded all the funds that they did sell out of LF but never got the gates to service what they sold tickets for, at LF.  About 10-11 additional flights were never produced at LF due to being able to only lease one partial gate that has to be shared.  Which is yet another thing he has never admitted, I told him from the get go Delta, (if they stay at LF) will in fact have to share a gate with one of the other airlines, and this is exactly what they are currently doing on a temp basis, so they don't even have a full gate at LF.  They are only doing 5 flights to ATL.  That's a hell of alot less than Delta was advertising and selling tickets for 18-21 flights from LF, far from it.  Whatever happened to those flights?  He never would answer, never has answered, always avoided all the above info and of course has never admitted any of it.  So yes he is still just lying and delusional...
and, again, you distort what was said.

DL DID get access to DAL which is what I said they would get.

You can't admit that WN's little party at DAL is not theirs alone.

Given that DL also serves MDW and DL and WN manage to coexist, I'm not sure why you thought it would be any differently at DAL.

WN is run by smart people. they did exactly what I said they would do which is diffuse the situation and do their part to accommodate DL, who will be at DAL.

as we approach yet one more date when the "experts" said would result in DL's exit from DAL, DL is still selling seats at DAL well beyond that date and clearly doing well.

WorldTraveler said:
Not quite, Skippy.

Feel free to name the dozens and dozens of people who said only new entrants would be at DAL, and DL would be on the curb.

Page after page was dedicated to point out that DOJ was only interested in having new entrants pick up the surrendered gates from AA. That's ultimately what happened.

DL *is* still at DAL, but despite pages and pages of your claims to the contrary, they weren't able to add any new markets. You keep trying to paint getting a new sublease as some great victory.

Being able to maintain status quo as far as the number of departures and markets served isn't really a victory. It's self-preservation.

Reactions: 5 people
WorldTraveler said:
if you would bother to remember, NW had a strong historical position in MKE, involved itself in a number of strategic plans - ... ... ...

Is this an admission that NW actually did something better than DL?

open-mouth-surprised-smiley-emoticon.png

WorldTraveler said:
can you explain why DL is still at DAL?

Sure, I'll give it a shot:  DL is still at DAL because it is able to sublease a gate(s).

What you fail to grasp - (are you dense?) :p   is  that once there is no gate(s) sublease DL can no longer remain at DAL.  Now it may be that DL will be able to have a sublease / obtain gate(s) at DAL well into the future.  Or not.  I don't know so I won't waste time writing diatribes about the issue.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
You keep trying to paint getting a new sublease as some great victory.

Being able to maintain status quo as far as the number of departures and markets served isn't really a victory. It's self-preservation.

Some would do call that "winning" ... ... ...

smileys-sieger-590187.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.