Delta Air Lines to Leave Trade Association in April 2016

and it simply means that DL can stop paying sooner and A4A has to dip into their reserves or cut their budget (which they say they aren't doing).

If you want to leave, regardless of the context, dragging the process out serves no purpose.

WorldTraveler said:
and it simply means that DL can stop paying sooner and A4A has to dip into their reserves or cut their budget (which they say they aren't doing).

If you want to leave, regardless of the context, dragging the process out serves no purpose.
Your reading comprehension skills are really lacking lately.

The remaining airlines in the A4A have greed to increase their dues to make up for DL leaving/kicked out.

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
what you and E can't seem to get is that access to DAL is governed by EXISTING laws which AA and WN both either didn't understand or tried to ignore in hopes of achieving their own goals... A4A members can spend all the money they want to advocating for changing the laws at DAL but DL's access there is and will be driven by laws that exist now.

I am pretty sure E and SWAMT stated A4A not supporting DL, not changing the law... This is why your neg rating is so high, you constantly lie, you fabricate stories and you deflect more than the Star Ship Enterprise ever could....

Reactions: 4 people
good for them.

I don't suppose DL is disappointed if other carriers agree to increase their dues so that DL can leave an organization that doesn't represent DL's interests.

what is so wrong with this scenario? DL wants out, A4A waives its timeline for DL to leave and other airlines cover DL's dues.

And be honest... I know it is hard for you.

DL is leaving of its own accord. there is no kicking anyone out.

as for DAL, there is a thread on the subject on the DAL forum. The powers that be said that would be the only thread that would be acceptable for discussing the issue.

Feel free to harp on reputation scores.... see if the DOT and FAA give a rip when they rule. and if they really do prove me right, then your whole "reputation score rules" nonsense will be proven wrong.

If I had a dime for every time someone hit the red arrow thinking they would prove themselves to be right and end up the opposite happening, I would be a very, very rich man.

again.

just as it has been so many times before.

nothing its a great isolation strategy DL is deploying - it's brilliant

leave industry forums, exit interline agreements, treat skyteam partners badly (KE, etc)

It's a wonderful winning strategy - DL will rule the world

Hail to DL

and yet DL had the highest operating margin of the big 3 and passed AA to become the largest airline by revenue in the 3rd quarter.

As hard as it is for you to admit, DL knows what they are doing and are doing it better than their peers.

DL clearly doesn't need to hold hands with its peers and succeed at its business the way you and others seem to think.

If DL actually starts losing money while its peers are succeeding, then there will be plenty of reason to question what DL is doing.

for now, there are more then enough articles about why DL is doing so well and expected to continue to do even better relative to its peers

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13342456/1/delta-s-refined-performance-will-help-it-fly-high-long-term.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

http://marketrealist.com/2015/10/strong-3q15-performance-delta-air-lines/

Pride cometh before a fall.  Contrary to popular belief, Delta won't be riding high on top of the mountain forever.  Indeed, it's remarkable to see how dramatically the financial, operational, network and strategic gap between Delta and multiple of its competitors has closed in just the last 18 months.

and yet you can't deny that DL generated the highest operating profit margin and also was the largest carrier in the US based on operating revenue.

DL's lead over its peers is GROWING. AA has been the largest carrier since its merger. It has lost that title. DL's RASM relative to its peers and the A4A carriers has grown, not shrunk.

You can argue pride and someone else can talk about Icarus but it is all just an attempt to deny that DL is NOW doing what it does better than any other carrier in the US and doesn't need to hold hands with other carriers to achieve its goals.

Facts, not opinions of what MIGHT happen but probably won't and for what DL is achieving, support the notion that DL is doing what it does better than anyone else.

everyone would agree with that statement in principle but we have no idea where that line is.

DL is succeeding and increasing its lead over its peers so it is purely speculative to argue that DL's pride is or will get the best of them or that your general statement is or will apply to DL.

RASM growth is increasing. DL had the best operating margin of the big 3 in the third quarter and became the largest US airline based on operating revenue.

If DL is preparing for a fall, you sure can't find the statistics to support that notion.

Kev3188 said:
Exactly.I'm happy we're doing as well as we are, but there's a fine line between confidence & arrogance.
King Richard has a knack for leaving just before the going gets tough.

Isolationism is not a normal practice for a leader with worldwide competition.

DL is hardly a one man show.

let me ask you again to list even 3 things that NW did which was contrary to the norms of the industry at the time.

They were hardly a conformist. There are dozens of companies that don't pal around with their competitors and instead win in the marketplace.

Once again, the financial statistics ALL argue that DL is INCREASING its lead over its peers - just the opposite of what some people are saying here.