Did AfA get the Votes

For once we agree 100% (I know, I'm scared too). You could extend that argument across all groups, really.

Speaking of which, if you want to test your gag reflex, check out today's top story on DLnet. I understand why DL manufactures their news items the way they do, but it runs counter to their pledge to stay neutral, and crosses into the realm of carrier interference, IMO.

They should stick to taking the high road and winning on their own merit.
Thats a broad interpretation "winning on their own merit" and the same could be said about AFA. Right?
It always astounds me how unions and supporters think that the company should remain silent and or passive, and anything outside of that is considered "carrier interference".

BTW what he said on DLnet was a very true statement...

“The AFA and IAM know they can’t win the support of a majority of Delta employees so they’re trying to change the voting rules,â€￾ Richard said in a memo to all employees Wednesday. “The change they are proposing is politically motivated and would abandon rules that have worked well for 75 years.â€￾

Thats a broad interpretation "winning on their own merit" and the same could be said about AFA. Right?
It always astounds me how unions and supporters think that the company should remain silent and or passive, and anything outside of that is considered "carrier interference".

I would never in a million years expect them to remain silent. What I DO expect (as should every last employee affected) is for them to abide by the promise they gave congress to remain neutral.

BTW what he said on DLnet was a very true statement...

“The AFA and IAM know they can’t win the support of a majority of Delta employees so they’re trying to change the voting rules,â€￾ Richard said in a memo to all employees Wednesday. “The change they are proposing is politically motivated and would abandon rules that have worked well for 75 years.â€￾

I don't think it's true at all. In fact, this is exactly what I was talking about.

What is Anderson basing his claim on? Where is the info to back that assertion up? How is he in a position to know what the IAM & AFA think? This is akin to when Fox News says "some people say."

Nevertheless, using Anderson's logic, what does it say about DL that they themselves tried to change the rules earlier? You do remember that don't you?

The stalling will only hurt them in the long run.
not necessarily just them but everyone to a degree (regarding creating unnecessary costs that are not being realized due to the merger long term)

there are other issues associated with "stalling" a process that may sometimes go over looked but still...
effect the bottom line.. too often some effective business related decisions can become stalled regarding a financial savings not being realized by forcing worked to be allocated.. not in the most efficient manner.

lets take into consideration cross fleeting as one example.

to me, cross fleeting makes absolute sense for a very temporary time period during the transition period during a merger. (it seems necessary to utilize aircraft in the most productive manner and where it makes sense especially during downturns and where aircraft can be utilized at its most potential)

what would not make sense is to stall the integration process once a particular aircraft was positioned at a hub (that is necessary for marketing and seat demand) while having to deadhead, over-night other flight crews and/or adding on to trips from one base to cover a trip where that aircraft is deployed at another, while at the same time qualified crew members are positioned at the hub as their current base for a significant period of time.. that may be just one added unnecessary expense, even if the expense is hotel lodging.

the added expense may actually become a hindrance after time and the cost savings are not realized.

(every dollar that is not utilized efficiently adds up to millions in a very short period of time)

its necessary to step back and try to view the big picture.

to me, it is extremely important to address all outstanding issues since a SOC is not so far into the immediate future.. keeping in mind the importance of helping complete the merger timely.

we all have to work together as a team to make this work.

I would never in a million years expect them to remain silent. What I DO expect (as should every last employee affected) is for them to abide by the promise they gave congress to remain neutral.
They are neutral, they said they do support our right to organize numerous times. No?

I don't think it's true at all. In fact, this is exactly what I was talking about.

What is Anderson basing his claim on? Where is the info to back that assertion up? How is he in a position to know what the IAM & AFA think? This is akin to when Fox News says "some people say."

Nevertheless, using Anderson's logic, what does it say about DL that they themselves tried to change the rules earlier? You do remember that don't you?

It's pretty obvious to everyone with all the constant delays. Its the elephant in the room that they pretend doesn't exist. What the problem has been is AFA has had to many unofficial spokespersons spouting off that after such and such event, they are calling a vote, only to be met with another delay. See what I mean (jelly bean)?

not necessarily just them but everyone to a degree (regarding creating unnecessary costs that are not being realized due to the merger long term)

we all have to work together as a team to make this work.

And in the mean time the side effect of stalling, causes increased animosity and bitterness towards each other (ala NWAFA and WCD facebook rantings) instead of uniting. Its to the point that its embarrassing to both sides.

They are neutral, they said they do support our right to organize numerous times. No?

If they're neutral, then clearly slanted "news" items like today's wouldn't appear. The fact that they say they're neutral is laughable at best.

It's too bad it's against NMB rules; I for one would love for someone on the CLT to say what they really think for once.

It's pretty obvious to everyone with all the constant delays. Its the elephant in the room that they pretend doesn't exist. What the problem has been is AFA has had to many unofficial spokespersons spouting off that after such and such event, they are calling a vote, only to be met with another delay. See what I mean (jelly bean)?

Who's "everyone?"

Also, do you or do you not remember DL trying to change the rules w/the NMB, and why do you think this is any different?

And in the mean time the side effect of stalling, causes increased animosity and bitterness towards each other (ala NWAFA and WCD facebook rantings) instead of uniting. Its to the point that its embarrassing to both sides.
what happens is simply when issues are placed on hold people are still passionate regarding their ideas and views, but unfortunately because lack of communication or an idea an issue is not being addressed timely, the ability for some to hold onto power positions or protect their way of how it should be done....conversation tends to manifest itself into bickering.

If they're neutral, then clearly slanted "news" items like today's wouldn't appear. The fact that they say they're neutral is laughable at best.

It's too bad it's against NMB rules; I for one would love for someone on the CLT to say what they really think for once.
You are confusing neutrality with freedom of speech.

Who's "everyone?"
DAL FA's only. Thats the only group I really associate with anyways.

Also, do you or do you not remember DL trying to change the rules w/the NMB, and why do you think this is any different?
Yes Kev i do recall. And is it any different? Most likely not. However DAL hasn't made a habit o (repeatedly) and stretching the voting out for what will eventually be a year plus some.

I am curious as to why the AFA didn't petitioned the NMB to change the rules for
the upcoming vote at Compass/ USA3000 ?

http://cabincrewblog.com/2009/09/usa3000-a...attendants.html

Yah no kidding. Is because they have little to lose if they cant get 100 flight attendants ($51,000 in yearly dues) on board versus 20,000 DAL ($10mill+ in yearly dues). Its all or nothing for AFA, if they win they make bank, if they lose NWA dues go buh bye...

You are confusing neutrality with freedom of speech.

That's just it; I'm not. There are rules that have to be abided by under the NMB to maintain neutrality. DL has repeatedly crossed them.

DAL FA's only. Thats the only group I really associate with anyways.

Okay. Now how do you know that "everyone" (meaning DL F/A's) feels this way? Have you spoken to them all?

Yes Kev i do recall. And is it any different? Most likely not.

Of course not.

That's just it; I'm not. There are rules that have to be abided by under the NMB to maintain neutrality. DL has repeatedly crossed them.
And yet the NMB has had no issues in the past...right?

Okay. Now how do you know that "everyone" (meaning DL F/A's) feels this way? Have you spoken to them all?
Yes, all of them :D

Freedom of speech is only when the government tries to restrict you from speaking out, it does not apply to corporations or individuals speaking out, there is no such things as freedom of speech. You cant yell fire in a crowded movie theater nor curse on TV.

And by the way, the RLA is set up to protect business' not employees who want to unionize.

Under the NLRA, its a simple majority vote, that has worked well in in the non railroad and airline industry for years too.

Level the playing field.

does not apply to corporations or individuals speaking out
the ability to discuss openly personal opinions seems to be encouraged and it is necessary when taking into consideration.. a global company and their employees worldwide will have unique views on a host of different issues.

a cookie cutter mindset will not get anyone very far and actually limit the entire group (all employees, the airline) ability to advance to the top and stay there as a leader in this industry.

Latest posts