DL Pilots Plan To Picket NWA

Why is the picketing limited to Detroit and Minneapolis only? Are they picketing against Delta or against the NW Pilot's union?

probably because NW (WELLINGTON and BOSTOCK)can't seem to let it go. Delta pilots are doing the right thing. Good on them!

And I am SURE Steenland wants OUT! Mark my words...he will make his exit in June. (his only window to walk with a definate $8.5 million)

Why is the picketing limited to Detroit and Minneapolis only? Are they picketing against Delta or against the NW Pilot's union?
Who knows, this is the silliest thing I've ever seen a union group do. This issue does need to be settled before the merger although I don't see what picketing will do except make the Delta pilots look foolish. Bets on NW pilots picketing at a Delta hub?

Oh, it's the World according to the Pilots, doesn't everyone already know that.....It's always about what the Pilots want, and don't want etc...What about everyone else who keeps both Airlines up and running everyday?? I'm surprised that the Pilots aren't running the Country already since they are the most important group of employees out there. I have had to live with the Pilots crying and whining for my entire Airline career, and I'm pretty much sick and tired of it already. Who the Heck really cares what they like or dislike. They have a job to do just like everyone else, so shut up, strap yourself in the seat, and go to work and collect your paycheck just like everyone else does. Who the Hell cares if DL or NW prints your check, it's all the same when you go to the bank. :eek:

Obviously the DL and NW management teams see some value in having their cooperation.
Why else would pay raises, equity stakes, and board seats be proffered in return for their cooperation?

For one...because they are currently (not for long) the largest UNION at the combined company (on top of being able to completely shut the airline down, that's called power. When you got it, leverage it...they listen) It is not because of anything else.

Now, if there should happen to be another Union on the property that can shut it down...VIOLA! Instant POWER! (a seat at the table) They are seriously in hopes of de-unionizing Northwest (snicker) :lol:

For one...because they are currently (not for long) the largest UNION at the combined company (on top of being able to completely shut the airline down, that's called power. When you got it, leverage it...they listen) It is not because of anything else.
NWA could line up enough scab pilots to fly Northwest within months.

The rest of the union groups would gladly make the operation work with the new scab pilots.

NWA could line up enough scab pilots to fly Northwest within months.

The rest of the union groups would gladly make the operation work with the new scab pilots.

I truly believe if nw put the money and effort and time into it like they did to get rid of us they most certainly could do it. They would have to park a few airplanes for a while but hell they had to when we went out. But I don't think you would see such a conserted effort to replace a whole group of employees again anytime soon...This was unpresidented what they did to us.

I truly believe if nw put the money and effort and time into it like they did to get rid of us they most certainly could do it. They would have to park a few airplanes for a while but hell they had to when we went out. But I don't think you would see such a conserted effort to replace a whole group of employees again anytime soon...This was unpresidented what they did to us.
True. In this financial environment, the company would cease to exist with that kind of disruption again.