Jack Knows Pto And Opus

The members of AMFA took a stand. You wouldn't know how to take a stand. Selfish ba$tard.

No they didnt, THEY QUIT THEIR JOBS, which is exactly how a contractor takes a stand. Ironic dont you think, we just dont whine about it for over 2 months we get on with our lives. Every professional contractor has taken a stand a hell of alot more often than any amfa person ever will, there are places that most professional contractors WILL NOT GO and you know what that is no matter how much money they offer and they do offer big bonuses from time to time in certain places that no one will go, its called taking a stand. We know far better than you guys what that is and what that means and we rely on ourselves and our skills and our reputations to pay our bills NOT on some gang like association or union. We are strong and we are skilled dont even talk to me about "taking a stand" until you quit a job with no other job and a dry market because you have been asked to do something you dont feel is right. When a contractor takes a stand there is no 26 weeks of severance offered, we walk out the door with the knowledge that we are right and what we are doing is right and you know what, WE DONT WHINE ABOUT IT FOREVER WE MOVE ON because that is life. Now, you took your stand, your choice, now move on.

Looks like another typo, it should have read, Every professional SCAB.

They have to justify their actions somehow. :blink:

Professional 'Contract Workers' ......
What an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

Translation:
Not qualified to be hired by a legacy.
(Unless there is no competition by 'qualified' people with dignity)
Not intelligent enough to transfer skills to another career field.
<insert truisms here>

Sad that they are too myopic and ignorant to understand.

-BigE

Opus, that is an outstanding post for how contractors operate.
Chas, it is nice to have you back. I see you have not improved on your one liners, keep practicing.
Big E, I see your posts are as colorful as ever. I am glad to see you changed your format for I was getting bored with your repetitive chants. Is that picture really you? Why do you wear those sunglasses and a hat? I bet you are hiding a pair of shifty eyes. Do you have shifty eyes Big E?

I don't think its a matter of not being good enough to be hired by a legacy I think it is more along the lines that there are thousands of union pricks out there that are on furlough’s that stretch for years. I don’t mean one or two years I mean eight and ten years. By the time there is one batch weeded out there is another right behind it. I met a couple of baggage handlers that have had their A&P's for years and have been trying to get into the mechanics side of the industry. They took the baggage job to get their foot in the door and have been stuck there ever since. Guess what? They are now mechanics. Yes they are green but they will learn just as you and I did. You guys think this is a horrible thing for the industry and I think it is going to open thousands of doors for people that the unions have kept locked out for decades. It is time for a change of pace and this is just the beginning.

They have to justify their actions somehow. :blink:

Professional 'Contract Workers' ......
What an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

Translation:
Not qualified to be hired by a legacy.
(Unless there is no competition by 'qualified' people with dignity)
Not intelligent enough to transfer skills to another career field.
<insert truisms here>

Sad that they are too myopic and ignorant to understand.

-BigE

Hey Big Dummy,

I dont justify my actions, I am happy to explain any choices I make but justification is not necessary my choices are based in common sense, something alot of people seem to lack.
Professional Contract Workers is a correct term, it is in no way an oxymoron, however what is an example of an oxymoron is a mechanic which claims to want his job back but continues chanting about how awful a company that he supposedly wants to go back to is an excellent example of an oxymoron, another example is amfa on strike, the only time they show up for the most part is photo op's for the newspaper or tv station, so basically amfa striking is an oxymoron. As for you assertion that contractors are not "qualified" to be hired by a legacy you are sadly mistaken, I applied for and was offered a position with SW about 2 years ago, I turned it down because I didnt want to live in Dallas and for the most part MOST of the legacy airlines have not been hiring but laying off for ages now and even when there is an opening you had to know someone to get in and I dont particularly subscribe to the buddy buddy system. I think you should be able to stand on your own merits, but standing on your own merits isnt what todays unions are about. You suggest that "we" are myopic, big e you are a prime example of myopic, you are not open to any information that doesnt come on union letter head and you will not listen to what anyone else has to say your basic responses are tacky things like "scab scab scab" and personal attacks rather than any real information exchange. At least some of the others who are hard core union supporters are willing to engage in meaningful debate rather than degrade the conversation with meaning less rhetoric, you big e are text book myopic. I have learned alot from some of the posters in here and would support a union that actually stood for the workers but not at the exclusion of the company, I like alot of what Bob Owens says and for awhile was actually have meaningful dialogue before things once again degraded to the scab scab chant. See one thing I understand that you obviously dont is I can always learn something from anyone you on the other hand think you know everything, how frustrating it must be for you when people refuse to believe you know and are correct about has much as you think you are.

You can't keep a straight dialogue going with these guys. Once they start to see their mentally built union wall begin to crack and crumble they go into ranting seizures while they mentally repair their precious union wall.

You can't keep a straight dialogue going with these guys. Once they start to see their mentally built union wall begin to crack and crumble they go into ranting seizures while they mentally repair their precious union wall.
Who can have a legitimate dialouge with PTO/OPUS ...AKA Dumb & Dumber? You two should be selling autos on some used car lot, neither one of you are legit and I highly suspect your both IAM company bootlickers :up:

there are places that most professional contractors WILL NOT GO and you know what that is no matter how much money they offer and they do offer big bonuses from time to time in certain places that no one will go, its called taking a stand.

Do tell...

You sure fooled me. You seem to have no problem stealing jobs from fellow AMT's and bringing thousands of famlies to ruin. Are you trying to tell me even you have standards? I'd like to know what these high standards are SCAB.

Hey Big Dummy,

I dont justify my actions, I am happy to explain any choices I make but justification is not necessary my choices are based in common sense, something alot of people seem to lack.
Professional Contract Workers is a correct term, it is in no way an oxymoron, however what is an example of an oxymoron is a mechanic which claims to want his job back but continues chanting about how awful a company that he supposedly wants to go back to is an excellent example of an oxymoron, another example is amfa on strike, the only time they show up for the most part is photo op's for the newspaper or tv station, so basically amfa striking is an oxymoron. As for you assertion that contractors are not "qualified" to be hired by a legacy you are sadly mistaken, I applied for and was offered a position with SW about 2 years ago, I turned it down because I didnt want to live in Dallas and for the most part MOST of the legacy airlines have not been hiring but laying off for ages now and even when there is an opening you had to know someone to get in and I dont particularly subscribe to the buddy buddy system. I think you should be able to stand on your own merits, but standing on your own merits isnt what todays unions are about. You suggest that "we" are myopic, big e you are a prime example of myopic, you are not open to any information that doesnt come on union letter head and you will not listen to what anyone else has to say your basic responses are tacky things like "scab scab scab" and personal attacks rather than any real information exchange. At least some of the others who are hard core union supporters are willing to engage in meaningful debate rather than degrade the conversation with meaning less rhetoric, you big e are text book myopic. I have learned alot from some of the posters in here and would support a union that actually stood for the workers but not at the exclusion of the company, I like alot of what Bob Owens says and for awhile was actually have meaningful dialogue before things once again degraded to the scab scab chant. See one thing I understand that you obviously dont is I can always learn something from anyone you on the other hand think you know everything, how frustrating it must be for you when people refuse to believe you know and are correct about has much as you think you are.

Hey Big Dummy,

Now who is the ‘Dummy’?
Fess up and don’t be shy!

I don’t (sp -5 points) justify my actions, I am happy to explain any choices I make but justification is not necessary my choices are based in common sense, something allot (sp -5 points) of people seem to lack.

Your common sense appears to be lacking as well.

As for you assertion that contractors are not "qualified" to be hired by a legacy you are sadly mistaken, I applied for and was offered a position with SW about 2 years ago, I turned it down because I didn’t (sp -5 points) want to live in Dallas and for the most part MOST of the legacy airlines have not been hiring but laying off for ages now and even when there is an opening you had to know someone to get in and I don’t (sp -5 points) particularly subscribe to the buddy buddy (repeat -10 points) system. I think you should be able to stand on your own merits, but standing on your own merits isnt (sp -5 points) what todays (sp -5 points) unions are about. You suggest that "we" are myopic, big e you are a prime example of myopic, you are not open to any information that doesnt (sp -5 points) come on union letter head and you will not listen to what anyone else has to say your basic responses are tacky things like "scab scab scab" (double repeat 15 points) and personal attacks rather than any real information exchange.

Being an ex- Aviation migrant worker and expatriate myself, I have some experience and insight into the mindset of you and your coworkers. I am surprised not to find some familiar faces on the SCAB Pages
(one of which may be yours?).

I applied for and was offered a position with SW about 2 years ago, I turned it down because I didn’t (sp -5 points) want to live in Dallas

Again, I am the Dummy?
You pass up an ‘Industry Leading’ contract with stock options and great pay to later become a SCAB for a company that is on the road to BK?
Well, like I said, you are not simply myopic, but foolish as well.

At least some of the others who are hard core union supporters are willing to engage in meaningful debate rather than degrade the conversation with meaning less rhetoric, you big e are text book myopic.

Others may be willing to exchange ideas with you in an attempt to help you understand your self serving SCAB ways.
Yes, you are correct; I am not one of them.

I have learned alot (sp -5 points) from some of the posters in here and would support a union that actually stood for the workers but not at the exclusion of the company, I like alot (sp -5 points) of what Bob Owens says and for awhile was actually have meaningful dialogue before things once again degraded to the scab scab (single repeat 10 points) chant. See one thing I understand that you obviously dont (sp -5 points) is I can always learn something from anyone you on the other hand think you know everything, how frustrating it must be for you when people refuse to believe you know and are correct about has much as you think you are.

You must learn allot as you have ‘much’ to learn. Unfortunately, when you finally ‘get a Grip’ on what is happening, it will be too late..
Your ‘career’ decisions from a ‘SCABMISTIC’ view needs work as well as you have attached yourself to yet another looser.

You should go halves with some NWA stock with PTO as well.

:stupid:

I will never go to AAR again nor will I go to MAE or San Antonio.

No doubt there, what about that hell hole lake sh$tty, what a freaky dump!!!!! SAE and MAE are the same owned by the same people. Pemco is union but that place ranks with hell.

:lol: Why..?do these places have tax withholding? :shock:

Well first, I believe he lives in Texas which has no state tax, further almost everything is a write off and to top that off you have the split so yes you end up with no tax burden. The tax laws are written so that you can claim the split and write everything off or not claim it, but you have to understand what you are doing and have receipts ect ect.

As for you assertion that contractors are not "qualified" to be hired by a legacy you are sadly mistaken, I applied for and was offered a position with SW about 2 years ago, I turned it down because I didnt want to live in Dallas
Probably one of the worst mistakes you could have made, besides becoming a scab. I know you won't get that offer again. :up:

You seem to have no problem stealing jobs from fellow AMT's and bringing thousands of famlies to ruin.
These jobs became available because of the free market society we live in. You opted to leave and someone else filled the vacancy. Cut and dried. As far as bring thousands of families in ruin, No one can force you to do anything. You, of your own free will (we'll have to cut you some slack for being a sheep in the herd) opted to walk out. Thus sending your own family to ruin. How stupid can you be. You didn't have the backbone to stand up for you family first? I feel sorry for them having to depend on you for support. None of these people who filled the job know you or your family and probably don't want to meet them. It's to bad your common sense didn't prevail over your stupidity, but if I see you standing on the sidewalk in the MSP winter :cold: with a sign "head of the family in ruin, will work for food" I get you some table scraps, we can always spare some slop for you. :up: