JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by conehead777, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conehead777

conehead777 Senior

Hopefully this one can stay on topic for AMTS

• Like Like x 3
  2. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Let's be hopeful. Cross your fingers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2ndGENAMT

2ndGENAMT Veteran

Anyone know what the TA article titled Management Rights says? It's not from the TWU agreement. Is it new or something from the IAM CBA?

4. OldGuy@AA

OldGuy@AA Veteran

Probably that management can run the business as they see fit.  It is in our TWU contract too but don't have a copy of it here at home.

5. 2ndGENAMT

2ndGENAMT Veteran

Thanks OldGuy, seems like I do remember that language somewhere in our CBA. Just thought they might have put "They Can Do That Brother" in a designated Article!

Another thing is the IAM CBA is no longer on our locals website, convenient..

• Like Like x 1
  6. OldGuy@AA

OldGuy@AA Veteran

I think I might have it on my work computer so if you message me an email address I'll send it to you.  I'll look for it as soon as I go into work in the morning.  I'm about 90% sure I have it though.

7. Buck

Buck Contributor

This is a part of Article 28  from the TWU Contracts which I felt should have been removed for a long time:

ARTICLE 28 - NO DISCRIMINATION, AND RECOGNITION OF RIGHTS AND COMPLIANCE

28 B     The Union recognizes that the Company will have sole jurisdiction of the management and operation of its business, the direction of its working force, the right to maintain discipline and efficiency in its hangars, stations, shops or other places of employment, and the right of the Company to hire, discipline and discharge employees for just cause, subject to the provisions of this Agreement. It is agreed that the rights enumerated in this Article will not be deemed to exclude other preexisting rights of management not enumerated which do not conflict with other provisions of this Agreement. 

• Like Like x 1
  8. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

9. iluvaa

iluvaa Veteran

10. UPNAWAY

UPNAWAY Veteran

Once a tentative agreement is reached what is the general feeling about one passing a vote? Now of course I realize it's all about the devil in the details. But assuming its run of the mill contract and similar to other work groups will it pass?

11. Flying low

Flying low Veteran

If there's a decent pay raise it will pass the majority will not read the TA to see what is being given up.

12. dvlhog212

dvlhog212 Veteran

IAMNPF = a NO for me and all the LAA that I have talked to.

• Like Like x 9
  13. swamt

swamt Veteran

Man, I sure hope not. If there is a time to read the full contract offer and note all changes, it is now. Everyone must know which contract they end up going by.  I know what you mean about just seeing the $$$$ signs, as we have the same problem with many here. I really hope your membership really takes the time to get educated on the differences and not just focus on the money.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OldGuy@AA

OldGuy@AA Veteran

I did have the PDF on my work computer but thanks to WeAAsles for posting a link.

15. SkydrolJunkie

SkydrolJunkie Advanced

From Jetwire:

Help American land Haneda slots
    Last week American submitted an application to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) proposing to operate daily, year-round, nonstop service to Tokyo Haneda (HND) from LAX and DFW. In February, American launched LAX-HND service using one of four nighttime slot pairs available to U.S. carriers. Going forward, six U.S. carrier flights will be available between the U.S. and HND – five during the day and one at night. Both of the flights American seeks utilize daytime slots. Learn more about the application on Jetnet. Employees and customers can show their support for American’s proposal by signing the petition at aa.com/takeaction and by tweeting using the hashtag #LetAAFlyHaneda.

Give me an industry comparable contract and maybe, just maybe I'll scratch your back!!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Slopoke

Slopoke Advanced

Screw "comparable". I want a industry leading contract!!

• Like Like x 3
  17. dvlhog212

dvlhog212 Veteran

Too bad the association can not think outside of the box. I'd like to see a change in how shift differential is approached. Use a % of base pay to ease the pain of undesirable shifts. Say a 5% for afternoons, 10% for midnights and a 15% for working a weekend day. I know of other jobs and industry that pays comparable differentials. However by going off the dispatcher contract. It looks like we will be stuck with the same tired old differentials.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Traymark

Traymark Senior

Well, if we're going to mirror the dispatchers contract in compensation items, it then must also include the longevity pay of $5 per hr if over 20yrs.

• Like Like x 4
  19. 700UW

700UW Corn Field

April 29, 2016

Sisters and Brothers:

The Mechanic & Related/Stores Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines the week of April 25th in Washington, D.C. During this week’s sessions, your Negotiating Committee exchanged and discussed the following articles:

Temporary Employees: We reached a tentative agreement to eliminate this article.

Hours of Service: We exchanged proposals on this article specific to rebids (bids).

Meal Periods: We continued discussions on this article.

Training: The Committee continued work on this article in preparation to respond to the company’s proposal.

Shift Swaps: We exchanged several proposals and have narrowed this issue down to what we understand to be a single item.

Grievance Procedure: We continued discussions on this article, which is the basis for enforcing the contract. We are down to one item and will continue to work to achieve a tentative agreement.

General and Miscellaneous: We continued to move items from this article to more appropriate areas of the agreement in an effort to simplify the contract. We will continue this process during upcoming sessions.

At the request of the membership, the following is a list of articles on which we have reach tentative agreements.
    Current TAs:purpose

Preamble
    Safety & Health
    Bulletin Boards
    Uniforms
    MCT-Dress Attire
    Sick Leave
    Leaves of Absence
    Part Time Employees/Eliminated
    Absence from Duty
    Representation
    Probationary Period
    Management Rights
    No Strike / No Lockout
    Fitness for Duty
    Recognition of Rights and Compliance
    System Board of Adjustment/Arbitration
    Temporary Employees/Eliminated

• Like Like x 1
  20. xUT

xUT Veteran

Sorry dude, you guy's N'Gal's are years away from getting a contract.
    Best to you all!
    B) xUT

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.