JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
SkydrolJunkie said:
From Jetwire:

Help American land Haneda slots
Last week American submitted an application to the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) proposing to operate daily, year-round, nonstop service to Tokyo Haneda (HND) from LAX and DFW. In February, American launched LAX-HND service using one of four nighttime slot pairs available to U.S. carriers. Going forward, six U.S. carrier flights will be available between the U.S. and HND – five during the day and one at night. Both of the flights American seeks utilize daytime slots. Learn more about the application on Jetnet. Employees and customers can show their support for American’s proposal by signing the petition at aa.com/takeaction and by tweeting using the hashtag #LetAAFlyHaneda.

Give me an industry comparable contract and maybe, just maybe I'll scratch your back!!

Screw "comparable". I want a industry leading contract!!

Reactions: 3 people
Too bad the association can not think outside of the box. I'd like to see a change in how shift differential is approached. Use a % of base pay to ease the pain of undesirable shifts. Say a 5% for afternoons, 10% for midnights and a 15% for working a weekend day. I know of other jobs and industry that pays comparable differentials. However by going off the dispatcher contract. It looks like we will be stuck with the same tired old differentials.

Reactions: 1 person
dvlhog212 said:
Too bad the association can not think outside of the box. I'd like to see a change in how shift differential is approached. Use a % of base pay to ease the pain of undesirable shifts. Say a 5% for afternoons, 10% for midnights and a 15% for working a weekend day. I know of other jobs and industry that pays comparable differentials. However by going off the dispatcher contract. It looks like we will be stuck with the same tired old differentials.
Well, if we're going to mirror the dispatchers contract in compensation items, it then must also include the longevity pay of $5 per hr if over 20yrs.

Reactions: 4 people
April 29, 2016

Sisters and Brothers:

The Mechanic & Related/Stores Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines the week of April 25th in Washington, D.C. During this week’s sessions, your Negotiating Committee exchanged and discussed the following articles:

Temporary Employees: We reached a tentative agreement to eliminate this article.

Hours of Service: We exchanged proposals on this article specific to rebids (bids).

Meal Periods: We continued discussions on this article.

Training: The Committee continued work on this article in preparation to respond to the company’s proposal.

Shift Swaps: We exchanged several proposals and have narrowed this issue down to what we understand to be a single item.

Grievance Procedure: We continued discussions on this article, which is the basis for enforcing the contract. We are down to one item and will continue to work to achieve a tentative agreement.

General and Miscellaneous: We continued to move items from this article to more appropriate areas of the agreement in an effort to simplify the contract. We will continue this process during upcoming sessions.

At the request of the membership, the following is a list of articles on which we have reach tentative agreements.
Current TAs:purpose

Preamble
Safety & Health
Bulletin Boards
Uniforms
MCT-Dress Attire
Sick Leave
Leaves of Absence
Part Time Employees/Eliminated
Absence from Duty
Representation
Probationary Period
Management Rights
No Strike / No Lockout
Fitness for Duty
Recognition of Rights and Compliance
System Board of Adjustment/Arbitration
Temporary Employees/Eliminated

1AA said:
Oh look 700 wanted to be the first to post the latest update for the AMT'S. He must think that we don't get the updates. BTW this thread was formed for AMT'S and we all get the updates. But yet he still wants to feel wanted. OK so I'll say thank you but we do get them on our personal devices, through social media and at work.
Sorry dude, you guy's N'Gal's are years away from getting a contract.
Best to you all!
B) xUT

xUT said:
Sorry dude, you guy's N'Gal's are years away from getting a contract.
Best to you all!
B) xUT
like they always said in the airline industry, monkey see, monkey do. I feel the pace is going to end up along the same or close to you guys at UAL/CAL. Lot of guys don't see it. All they see is the money that we all think we are going to get without giving something up. I blame the greedy unions especially the IAM for staying in the game and delaying this process with the creation of the Association.

700UW said:
April 29, 2016

Sisters and Brothers:

The Mechanic & Related/Stores Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines the week of April 25th in Washington, D.C. During this week’s sessions, your Negotiating Committee exchanged and discussed the following articles:

Temporary Employees: We reached a tentative agreement to eliminate this article.

Hours of Service: We exchanged proposals on this article specific to rebids (bids).

Meal Periods: We continued discussions on this article.

Training: The Committee continued work on this article in preparation to respond to the company’s proposal.

Shift Swaps: We exchanged several proposals and have narrowed this issue down to what we understand to be a single item.

Grievance Procedure: We continued discussions on this article, which is the basis for enforcing the contract. We are down to one item and will continue to work to achieve a tentative agreement.

General and Miscellaneous: We continued to move items from this article to more appropriate areas of the agreement in an effort to simplify the contract. We will continue this process during upcoming sessions.

At the request of the membership, the following is a list of articles on which we have reach tentative agreements.
Current TAs:purpose

Preamble
Safety & Health
Bulletin Boards
Uniforms
MCT-Dress Attire
Sick Leave
Leaves of Absence
Part Time Employees/Eliminated
Absence from Duty
Representation
Probationary Period
Management Rights
No Strike / No Lockout
Fitness for Duty
Recognition of Rights and Compliance
System Board of Adjustment/Arbitration
Temporary Employees/Eliminated
Still a sorry update the association still dose not give what was said . What the disagreement with the company is. I can go to AMFA southwest page and read what actually happened. You post this crap . I guess you think that your beloved association is doing a great job. Well there not , there not keeping the members informed with real information. We have the right to know what the hold ups are. A well informed member is a must .

Reactions: 2 people
What is the f'n hold up with grievance procedure... If they cant knock out a simple one like that, we are in deep deep trouble...

conehead777 said:
Still a sorry update the association still dose not give what was said . What the disagreement with the company is. I can go to AMFA southwest page and read what actually happened. You post this crap . I guess you think that your beloved association is doing a great job. Well there not , there not keeping the members informed with real information. We have the right to know what the hold ups are. A well informed member is a must .
AMEN Brother. 100% correct...

Reactions: 2 people
Obviously most of us are getting impatient over negotiations or the pace of it. Company promises and record profits. Yet here we are being told by the association that we are making progress. Do any of you see any real progress? How much further down the road is this circus road show of negotiations going to continue until we finally see the final act? Why hasn't the association gone public over this? The association needs to do something similar to this. http://www.amfa32.com/Advertising/DMN%20half%20page%20ad%20AMFA%20050116.pdf

UAL is in a similar situation. The airlines and unions always compare each other in many areas. Well the unions at UAL, SWA and AA should all put out similar releases to show that AMT'S at three major Airlines in the USA are in gagged out negotiations. With record profits and load factors this should not be happening. It's like one is waiting to see what the other gets first but yet no one is moving forward. I feel the TWU does not want to rock the boat in fear of pissing off the company and losing some perks like those A5 passes for business and pleasure travel family and all.

Do you really think the flying public cares?

They don't and have shown that over and over.

They just want cheap fares.

1AA said:
Obviously most of us are getting impatient over negotiations or the pace of it. Company promises and record profits. Yet here we are being told by the association that we are making progress. Do any of you see any real progress? How much further down the road is this circus road show of negotiations going to continue until we finally see the final act? Why hasn't the association gone public over this? The association needs to do something similar to this. http://www.amfa32.com/Advertising/DMN%20half%20page%20ad%20AMFA%20050116.pdf

UAL is in a similar situation. The airlines and unions always compare each other in many areas. Well the unions at UAL, SWA and AA should all put out similar releases to show that AMT'S at three major Airlines in the USA are in gagged out negotiations. With record profits and load factors this should not be happening. It's like one is waiting to see what the other gets first but yet no one is moving forward. I feel the TWU does not want to rock the boat in fear of pissing off the company and losing some perks like those A5 passes for business and pleasure travel family and all.
1AA, I forgot to mark the date when you guys started nego's, do you have the date? I know the unions movement to become an asso. was a major part of the delay to start, but when did actual nego's start once the asso. was certified by NMB? Just curious, thx in advance.

700UW said:
Do you really think the flying public cares?

They don't and have shown that over and over.

They just want cheap fares.
The general public would care if they knew how it all works. It's time to educate the general public how it works. 90-95% of all flights are actually flown by "Auto-Pilot" which is directly related to quality maintenance being performed on the ground by aircraft mechanics. God knows that most all Pilots will not take an aircraft with the "Auto-Pilot" inop.  Not to take anything from the Pilots, but the mechanics on the ground have just as much responsibility during flights as do the Pilots during take offs and landings. But I do understand what you meant by the cheap fare statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.