July - US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carved off, east marginalized either way.

Oh wait. So the west would be carved off without a job. I thought usapa was here to protect all us airways pilots? Are you saying they they do not have the west pilots best intention in mind?

I think it is pretty unrealistic to think the West would go anywhere. With a successful merger with AA, we would still be #3 in the western third of the US. I don't think management would willingly give up the kind of market share that would result from giving even an inch out west. Look what happened when US Air retreated from Southwest on the west coast. It was the equivalent of giving away an entire airline (PSA) and was the beginning of the end.

The post you quoted was put there to tick you off, but that is about it.

Driver...

Yea lets take that snapshot now.......hugh profits on the East, LAS closed, West doing 24% East flying AMR in Bankruptcy, East hiring..yea snap that!!

NICDOA
NPJB
High profit for Us airways. Prove that they are just east profits. BOS, PIT and LGA closed. West not doing 24% of east flying. East stealing 1/3 of the 190 flying.

Yes AMR is in BK just like the east was. Glad that you acknowledge an airline finances have bearing.

Reactions: 3 people
Yea lets take that snapshot now.......hugh profits on the East, LAS closed, West doing 24% East flying AMR in Bankruptcy, East hiring..yea snap that!!

NICDOA
NPJB

I'm more than happy to do East Coast flying. After flying to CLT on day one, most of my 4-day trips I usually fly CLT-ORD, CLT-BOS trips. Finish in Phoenix my last day.

I'm very happy to have contributed to the nice little profit for Tempe's home town airline. Looking forward to that profit sharing bonus as well.

Glad you're hiring over there, glad to see I'm moving up on the list.

Reactions: 2 people
McKaskill Bond is much like alpa merger policy. Negotiate first and if that doesn't work, arbitrate. Ucrapa and APA could negotiate an agreement and move on without arbitration.

I don't buy, however, that APA wants anything to do with DOH.

Sure, the APA will go with DOH with 5-7 yr C&Rs. This isn't their first time around the block.

The C&Rs will protect them during our attrition yrs, then they will own the airline without some arbitrator doing some erroneous slotting, such as NIC. It's their best option and they are not greedy like you West boys....they are willing to sign on the dotted line for this kind of arrangement.

breeze

Hello Breeze, did Rebecca reach her fundraising goal?

Hope things went well for her.

Thx, East.....actually the ride is in about 10 days on the 18th and she is about 1/2 way to her goal, having raised right at $5000. I think money is tight for all right now...many pilots have told me that they want to know when the deadline is so that they have a chance to donate. I am about to send another email to all the East Intl pilots, which will probably have a good response. I will let you know. :)

It's been a busy summer for Rebecca and I both, so we are a little behind the power curve, but she is coming to stay with me for the next 3 days and we are going to concentrate on it.

Thx again, pal,
breeze

Reactions: 1 person
Explain one thing to me. What changed thier mind from the TWA merger to this merger? They did not want DOH with TWA but they want DOH with Us Airways?

Go ahead, enlighten me.

The APA pilots are not stupid. TWA was a completely different scenario. Why would they not take each instance for what it is? Or do you believe that back in, say 1940, they adopted a merger strategy and apply it every time? Hell no, they will weigh their options in each DIFFERENT scenario and make their best decision possible.

C'mon, you're smarter than that, I can tell.

breeze

Thx, East.....actually the ride is in about 10 days on the 18th and she is about 1/2 way to her goal, having raised right at $5000. I think money is tight for all right now...many pilots have told me that they want to know when the deadline is so that they have a chance to donate. I am about to send another email to all the East Intl pilots, which will probably have a good response. I will let you know. :)

It's been a busy summer for Rebecca and I both, so we are a little behind the power curve, but she is coming to stay with me for the next 3 days and we are going to concentrate on it.

Thx again, pal,
breeze

I'll pass the info to a local bike shop a couple of miles near my house. I live in an area with a lot of mountain biking trails. Let me see what I can do. I have a few days off.

Glad to help for a worthy cause, Breeze.

You will have to ask the APA pilots if you wish to know their reasoning.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say DOH will never be entertained by the APA if an AA/USAIrways merger comes to fruition.

I too have friends at AA and not once have I heard DOH mentioned with respect to the propsed combination of the airlines.

There are no C&R's or fences that would address the disparity in relative position between the two pilot groups much the same as why USAPA's C&R's are a bust.....

Reactions: 1 person
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say DOH will never be entertained by the APA if an AA/USAIrways merger comes to fruition.

I too have friends at AA and not once have I heard DOH mentioned with respect to the propsed combination of the airlines.

There are no C&R's or fences that would address the disparity in relative position between the two pilot groups much the same as why USAPA's C&R's are a bust.....
Perhaps yes...perhaps no. Didn't mean to get Clear all upset.

Sure, the APA will go with DOH with 5-7 yr C&Rs. This isn't their first time around the block.

The C&Rs will protect them during our attrition yrs, then they will own the airline without some arbitrator doing some erroneous slotting, such as NIC. It's their best option and they are not greedy like you West boys....they are willing to sign on the dotted line for this kind of arrangement.

breeze

I'm impressed. You can read the minds of the majority of APA pilots. That little talent will come in handy some day.

I am more of a common sense kind of a guy. I believe that APA (wanting an unencumbered deal) will not work with anything but a Nicolau list for fear of risking an injunction initiated by west pilots. Common sense says that they will not want a monkey wrench thrown into the mix.

But, then again, I don't have your superior talent. I'm just a rookie.

Reactions: 2 people
The APA pilots are not stupid. TWA was a completely different scenario. Why would they not take each instance for what it is? Or do you believe that back in, say 1940, they adopted a merger strategy and apply it every time? Hell no, they will weigh their options in each DIFFERENT scenario and make their best decision possible.

C'mon, you're smarter than that, I can tell.

breeze

You sound a lot like Mr. George Nicolau here when he said that each merger turns on its own merits. You also launch a good argument against your precious "gold standard" of DOH.

It appears that you're getting smarter. I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.