July - US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a good rumor why LCC stock took an 8% hit today?

The investors think USAPA has a chance at screwing up the merger with their quest for DOH. US without a merger won't make it long term and will liquadate. Maybe you can get your DOH in the unemployment line. Hopefully I'll be on at Delta, Southwest or Alaska by then.

Bean

P.S. Sarcasm alert!

Reactions: 2 people
The APA pilots are not stupid. TWA was a completely different scenario. Why would they not take each instance for what it is? Or do you believe that back in, say 1940, they adopted a merger strategy and apply it every time? Hell no, they will weigh their options in each DIFFERENT scenario and make their best decision possible.

C'mon, you're smarter than that, I can tell.

breeze
Suppose they take the Nic list and then delay further implementation to allow CLT/PHL/DCA to whither on the vine. You know they won't be dumb enough to sign a Transition Agreement that prohibits opening AA bases in PHX/CLT/ PHL and DCA and it won't have any messy fleet/block hour minimums. But don't you fret, US pilots will get preferential interview slots for new hire positions.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm impressed. You can read the minds of the majority of APA pilots. That little talent will come in handy some day.

I am more of a common sense kind of a guy. I believe that APA (wanting an unencumbered deal) will not work with anything but a Nicolau list for fear of risking an injunction initiated by west pilots. Common sense says that they will not want a monkey wrench thrown into the mix.

Talked to several AA friends. According to them, any merger deal involving US will have an iron clad pre-nup attached. And no, it won't be DOH.

Reactions: 4 people
The APA pilots are not stupid. TWA was a completely different scenario. Why would they not take each instance for what it is? Or do you believe that back in, say 1940, they adopted a merger strategy and apply it every time? Hell no, they will weigh their options in each DIFFERENT scenario and make their best decision possible.

C'mon, you're smarter than that, I can tell.

breeze
[font="Calibri""]Blasphemy! Better be careful usapa and the east pilots will kick you out of the club. The entire argument from the east has been there is only one true method to merger. DOH gold standard (when it works for the east). usapa even wants to change the UOM to make sure there is only one method restricting your options. [/font]

[font="Calibri""]No one has yet explain WHY the APA would except DOH with us airways when they would not except it with TWA? what are APA options? Negotiate the best deal they can or arbitrate the best deal they can. Why would that included placing 80% of the east list senior to their junior captain?[/font]

Reactions: 6 people
Blasphemy! Better be careful usapa and the east pilots will kick you out of the club. The entire argument from the east has been there is only one true method to merger. DOH gold standard (when it works for the east). usapa even wants to change the UOM to make sure there is only one method restricting your options.

No one has yet explain WHY the APA would except DOH with us airways when they would not except it with TWA? what are APA options? Negotiate the best deal they can or arbitrate the best deal they can. Why would that included placing 80% of the east list senior to their junior captain?

LOL.....rose colored glasses, eh?

Yea lets take that snapshot now.......hugh profits on the East, LAS closed, West doing 24% East flying AMR in Bankruptcy, East hiring..yea snap that!!

NICDOA
NPJB

But...until you got America West management, you didn't know what a profit was.

LOL PHX is not going anywhere, and your DOH, is a pipe dream.

Reactions: 3 people
Talked to several AA friends. According to them, any merger deal involving US will have an iron clad pre-nup attached. And no, it won't be DOH.

East/APA goes straight DOH, with 7 year hard fences. East attrition takes care of the details. Done deal.West goes to M/B against the combined mega group, with no widebodes even on order.Off topic, but would not want to be a West F/A right now.Watch and learn. Parker and Kirby may not rule, and there will be at least one more player. Seniority fights will be he joke of industry. Better to settle ahead. DOH will rule out of necessity.Greeter

Reactions: 2 people
East/APA goes straight DOH, with 7 year hard fences. East attrition takes care of the details. Done deal.West goes to M/B against the combined mega group, with no widebodes even on order.Off topic, but would not want to be a West F/A right now.Watch and learn. Parker and Kirby may not rule, and there will be at least one more player. Seniority fights will be he joke of industry. Better to settle ahead. DOH will rule out of necessity.Greeter

PROOF! <<------ sarcasm alert, this should bring back a few memories.

I'm going to help you eastholios here as I'm feeling very generous tonight.

In Hummel's latest message he states:

Initially US Airways CEO Doug Parker visited USAPA headquarters and said that he didn&rsquo;t need anything from the pilots to complete a merger with American. Hearing that, we quietly devised an aggressive strategy to ensure that our pilots were not left behind. This strategy and process was ultimately developed by YOU &ndash; the membership...

I'll give you a clue here and state that he's patronizing you.

USAPA has no clue what they're doing, no leverage, and is completely at the whim of both the company and the APA.

And they thank you guys for their strategy.

You guys have never worked together successfully and your own leadership is mocking you.

LMAO.

Now go develop more strategy.

Reactions: 3 people

Idiot.

Reactions: 8 people
Sure, the APA will go with DOH with 5-7 yr C&amp;Rs. This isn't their first time around the block.

The C&amp;Rs will protect them during our attrition yrs, then they will own the airline without some arbitrator doing some erroneous slotting, such as NIC. It's their best option and they are not greedy like you West boys....they are willing to sign on the dotted line for this kind of arrangement.

breeze

Damn, that's even dumber than than what greeter put out.

You do realize breeze that the APA already put out how integration is going to happen, right?

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.