More flight cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

World & Josh, the new Wonder Twins!

"Wonder twin powers activate!" "Form of a Deltoid Sheild!" "Shape of a Smarmy Cheerleader!" 

Reactions: 2 people
I think I will bookmark this post as the poster child evidence of hypocrisy about staying on task.

But then Kev and 700 never even got on track to begin with so there is no loss, I suppose.

I too have been equally amazed at the alliances that form on this board...

Some are built based on principle and intelligence thought and others on emotion and revenge...

xlm4ix.jpg

you never got it on topic.

wanna give it a try?

the topic has something to do with schedule changes in the spring.

We're still trying to figure out what your thoughts are on them... but I'm guessing you're trying to avoid having to show us what you know (or don't) about the topic.

You and your smoking monkey looking friend (or goes by the pic anyway) share that in common.

Bears repeating:

You thought you had an opening to pick on someone, wound up looking like a D-bag in doing so, and are now trying to "grasp" at some semblance of face-saving.

Lesson 1: When you're in a hole, it's often best to stop digging.

Reactions: 5 people
WorldTraveler said:
you never got it on topic.

wanna give it a try?

the topic has something to do with schedule changes in the spring.

We're still trying to figure out what your thoughts are on them... but I'm guessing you're trying to avoid having to show us what you know (or don't) about the topic.

You and your smoking monkey looking friend (or goes by the pic anyway) share that in common.

It wouldnt let me quote the 17 posts where you are off topic on this thread.

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
your smoking monkey looking friend (or goes by the pic anyway) share that in common.
Now I'm a very confused. "Smoking monkey?"

This is very odd. What is a smoking monkey and where did that come into the flight cuts?

Is smoking monkey some hind of jargon? Forgive me for being so naive.

on the subject of flight cuts/add's, am I the only one that thinks it strange that Delta hasn't 
yet finalized the Summer/14 schedule?  I believe it is usually done by the end of oct or early Nov.  Seems
very late this year.  I wonder if there is more to come from the Virgin JV that may be holding up a finalization
of the Summer Schedule.  

I'm not. Seems like with the last few they've been releasing them closer & closer to the actual roll out dates.

That said, you may be right as far as JV issues coming into play.

Although this one is not on topic but would this similar type play out for when usairways leaves star for one world... in other words would the us/aa/ba schedule for next summer or fall be delayed while usairways is loaded into the computers

eolesen said:
Depending on the airline, it's not unusual for schedules to be held back until after the IATA Slot Conference, which was just held a couple weeks ago and closed on November 17th.

http://www.iata.org/policy/slots/Documents/calendar-slot-activities.pdf

Holy Cow.  several posts on the topic and ones that are dead on accurate too.

Woo hoo.  There is hope!

And even beyond the slot conference, DL can and does adjust the start and end dates of its summer seasonal service.  They have done it before and will do it again.

DL has indeed been very aggressive at altering schedules up until the last minute.  Even though DL usually has decided what int'l routes to fly by this time, it often makes tweaks to the end/start and DOW operation as late as 3 months or more before peak season. In off-peak season, DL makes changes even closer to departure.

Most of the changes that were noted in the OP envolve continental Europe which is part of the DL-AF-KL JV and not the DL-VS JV.  DL was required by AF/KL to build very clear divisions between its two TATL JVs which are very much separate.  DL is not sharing revenue from the VS JV with AF-KL and vv.  There is no codesharing or cooperation beyond LHR with JV because of this.

DL could well adjust capacity at LHR and likely will but it probably will not affect what routes will be flown but more likely additional capacity at LHR. 

robbed,
AA/US will likely fly their current published schedules for the summer. The peak booking period for summer int'l flights starts soon after the first of the year.  AA/US would have to make alot of adjustments to not lose revenue if they started messing with next summer's schedules just weeks after the merger is approved - assuming it happens early in 2014.

Also, AA/US cannot share detailed financial information including route performance until they are merged so there is no way Parker and co. can know how well AA's routes do but practically anything can make money in the summer.

Your question about automation coordenation is valid.  E can speak to that because he knows that área well but AA/US can operate separately under their own code for months and then implemente a codeshare as soon as they can hook up their systems.  There are now fairly industry standard processes so they can run in parallel fairly quickly. 

A full merge of IT systems is a much bigger process and will be very well planned to avoid the problems HP-US and UA-CO had at cutover. 

If there is any uncertainty regarding DL's service to Europe next summer, it is most likely related to Alitalia's future.

AK/KL has said they aren't going to bail AZ out again, Italy is trying hard to keep from invoking the wrath of the EU for illegal state aid, and no one else is likely to invest in AZ unless their operating losses are significantly cut.

DL's schedule to Italy normally grows significantly during the summer but next year could require even more capacity if AZ is unable to restructure on a long-term basis.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/alitalia-raises-less-two-thirds-190923497.html

"The failure to fully cover the capital increase illustrates that some of Alitalia's existing investors have doubts that the carrier, which has made a profit only sporadically in its 67-year history, can be turned around.

"Not even Alitalia's own shareholders believe that the company can be rescued," said Andrea Giuricin, a transport analyst at Milan's Bicocca University, who has written a book on the airline. "Even if they get to 300 million euros, Alitalia remains very weak and this cash will only give it maximum six months."

"Alitalia said on Thursday it had received the 173 million euros by the November 27 deadline in pledges from current shareholders and guarantee payments by Italy's top two banks Intesa Sanpaolo (MIL:ISP) and UniCredit (MIL:UCG)."

Status
Not open for further replies.