New Pay Raises for Crews

Typical snow job from the master of spin. How about when our crack CFO Derek Kerr pissed away $500,000,000 bucks in the auction rate securities market? He not only kept his job, he didn't miss out on one penny of his bonus that year. The dilbert should have been out on his ass.

He went on to become CFO of the combined AA/US. The CFO of American, who should have gotten the job, was given his walking papers. I guess it pays to have been a high school friend of hard partying Dougie.

And now you know the rest of the story.
Obviously he wasn't responsible, but keep the CFO who was in charge when you filed for bankruptcy? You want that on your resume?

They get what's coming to them because they have CONTRACTS with the company....But these are the same people that abrogate labor CONTRACTS while preserving their own.

Contracts have been tossed by the courts for management as well. The difference is that, to a fault, contract are typically honored up to the point they're abrogated.

Someone who has earned severance, be it management or labor, prior to a date of abrogation, still is due what the terms of their contract say they're due. The only exception I can think of here have been retiree health benefits and traditional pensions. I've yet to hear of someone losing their past date 401K contributions in bankruptcy.

I think Parker is worthless, and so are many of the folks brought over from US, but this is the management your unions demanded.

Contracts have been tossed by the courts for management as well. The difference is that, to a fault, contract are typically honored up to the point they're abrogated.

Someone who has earned severance, be it management or labor, prior to a date of abrogation, still is due what the terms of their contract say they're due. The only exception I can think of here have been retiree health benefits and traditional pensions. I've yet to hear of someone losing their past date 401K contributions in bankruptcy.

I think Parker is worthless, and so are many of the folks brought over from US, but this is the management your unions demanded.

It wasn't the Management team that the Unions wanted as much as the competing plan that the US team brought forward against the POR that the LAA team was presenting. That POR from LUS presented a far better opportunity for Labor to not have to remain mired in a BK Contract for 5 years or more without capturing gains.

The POR presented by LUS was nearly universally praised by Airline analysts, creditors and the Unions over the POR presented by LAA which was nearly universally panned.

The "Cornerstone" plan was even mocked in many circles as a continuance of instability for the Industry.

Understandable of course that it was presented as a last gasp effort to save the ship from falling into enemy hands where the Captain, and Officers were going to be placed in the Life Rafts rather than the Good Sailors who actually knew the ship could still float and be repaired.

Reactions: CremaDiLimone
IMG_2534.JPG

Worthless huh? Yep they've been just completely worthless so far. :)

Reactions: bob@las-AA
It wasn't the Management team that the Unions wanted as much as the competing plan that the US team brought forward against the POR that the LAA team was presenting. That POR from LUS presented a far better opportunity for Labor to not have to remain mired in a BK Contract for 5 years or more without capturing gains.

The POR presented by LUS was nearly universally praised by Airline analysts, creditors and the Unions over the POR presented by LAA which was nearly universally panned.

The "Cornerstone" plan was even mocked in many circles as a continuance of instability for the Industry.

Understandable of course that it was presented as a last gasp effort to save the ship from falling into enemy hands where the Captain, and Officers were going to be placed in the Life Rafts rather than the Good Sailors who actually knew the ship could still float and be repaired.

to me, the cornerstone plan was a plan to keep aa in an incubator..to guarantee premium compensation for management. grow eagle. stagnate or shrink aa. take no risks. do not compete with dl/ua. be content with being the 3rd/4th largest airline.

parker was ambitious for aa and that suited me fine. with oil 100%-150% less than it was and travel demand trending up, the right move.

Obviously he wasn't responsible, but keep the CFO who was in charge when you filed for bankruptcy? You want that on your resume?

you are captain us air.

by default, aa was ahead of the curve when oil collapsed/air travel demand increased by not hedging jet fuel. aa/us air kerr had a glorious opportunity to stay ahead of the curve by hedging oil in the high $20s. they completely missed the boat.

this is aa, not lus or america west. lots of contempt in my station for lus and the imposition of the 'lus-way'. what way is that?? let's dump the aa CFO because aa filed for bk in 2011 with some $4 Billion in the bank? he should have gotten a double bonus.

thank Christ for aa's route structure. we can fill up rdu-lhr and phl-ath; 1 flight a day, but we wouldn't be making $30 an hour. south america is picking up after some real down years, nice to have a monopoly on mia and pacific routes..that lus never had.

aa's management picked the eastern bones for mia. what was lus' management doing? doubling down on pit-cle or buying trump's shuttle service?

Right Crema. Under the old, decrepit, stagnated and rotting AA structure I 100% agree with your assessment. We had IMO become nothing more than an old Garbage scow leaking toxic waste in our wake. It amazes me honestly how many of our own people are so shortsighted and forgetful.

Maybe a few decent valuable individuals were let go or removed during the great Parker purge and for them I'm sorry. But maybe on a purely philosophical level those people needed to go?

It's blindly apparent that E probably would have been one of those individuals. Just wouldn't have been able to acclimate or assimilate into the new collective. Better those people find where they think they can graze on greener pastures I guess.

IMG_2545.JPG

And when I think about the old Management team at AA this is an item that never fails to leave my mind.

What goes around, comes around and Karma is a *****.

It's blindly apparent that E probably would have been one of those individuals. Just wouldn't have been able to acclimate or assimilate into the new collective.

If you think so, but keep in mind I left 11 years ago on my own terms, and still don't regret that one bit.

Worship Parker if you want, but it's probably a lot easier to see the damage done to AA when you're standing on the outside. Since you're clearly handcuffed, I get that you need to think AA is hitting on all cylinders.

If you think so, but keep in mind I left 11 years ago on my own terms, and still don't regret that one bit.

Worship Parker if you want, but it's probably a lot easier to see the damage done to AA when you're standing on the outside. Since you're clearly handcuffed, I get that you need to think AA is hitting on all cylinders.

Then you weren't there as things outside Centerport and at the airports got progressively worse and worse. Sorry E I understand and always have that it's a business and I'm owed nothing but the paycheck I earn and continue to accept. But not everyone feels that way and some of your old friends seemed to after a while take a little perverse pleasure in how they treated all the people they considered their lesser's.

I was at that march on Centerport with the Pilots and watched the people in the windows shaking their fists in front of their chests looking over their shoulders to see if anyone was watching.

The NEW AA hitting on all cylinders? Of course not. But at least now it is hitting the ball which is not what I could say about the OLD AA for a long time. And I don't worship anyone period. It's all nothing more than an investment to me. One that so far has been showing great returns and "I" believe will continue to do so for awhile.

Parker was told the truth: he has created a toxic culture and lower compensation regime. As a result, the pilot applicants voted with their feet, and went elsewhere. He simply could not attract applicants as formerly possible. Looking at a 61% pilot loss from retirements between now and 2022- he was in serious trouble. Hence the raise.
If I'm a young pilot I'd be looking at that 61% as a major reason to sign up with AA. I'msure there is some truth to what you say but reading other forums pilots are leaving Jetblue ,Spirit and others to come to AA. I would think the regional would have a problem before the majors

Reactions: IORFA
Did someone in this thread say that he thinks Parker is worthless but this is the Management team our Unions demanded?

“""""Not to stray here but we remind investors the multiyear revenue opportunity at [American] far outweighs the headwinds from the new labor rates,” said analyst Hunter Keay at Wolfe Research. “We are bullish on [American’s stock] long term, but this was a pleasant surprise.”""""""

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/am...ock-rally-2017-05-09?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Parker was told the truth: he has created a toxic culture and lower compensation regime. As a result, the pilot applicants voted with their feet, and went elsewhere. He simply could not attract applicants as formerly possible. Looking at a 61% pilot loss from retirements between now and 2022- he was in serious trouble. Hence the raise.

I think there's a good amount of truth in this when it comes to attracting applicants. I'm wondering if the Spirit issue yesterday was a backlash of enough is enough after Parker made the move to increase your pay outside of your contract not being amendable yet?

By perception alone if I was at Spirit I would see the move as a slap in the face while I have to fight to try and get a raise.

http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/north-america/spirit-airlines-pilots-call-new-contract/

View attachment 11690

Worthless huh? Yep they've been just completely worthless so far. :)
Ok, cause AA was doing so well before!!! How many billions on profit since the merger? The BOD certainly does not agree with you!!! Had it not been for DP you would still be under your LBO.

Worthless eh, how many billions profits since the merger?? I think the BOD would disagree!!! Many would still be under the LBO or BK contract!! He turned two stuggling airline US/AWA into a profitable airline! Same with this last merger! Like him or not I would not discribe him as wothless!!

Latest posts