Picketing Some Dudes House?

Sep 15, 2005
Why are there pickets at some guys house out in Anchorage? He may be a replacement worker, but seriously for people trying to claim the moral high ground it's a bit low to picket someones house.

whodoyouthinkyouare said:
Why are there pickets at some guys house out in Anchorage? He may be a replacement worker, but seriously for people trying to claim the moral high ground it's a bit low to picket someones house.
[post="300915"][/post]​

Why not?

Didnt someone on another thread say that the mechs would not picket in Alaska because they have a lot of guns up there?

I've seen it done in other strikes (other industries) before and I've always considered it a classless thing to do. People have families....kids. There is no reason to drag them into a business dispute ever.

More often than not, I support labor in these situations, but when this starts to happen, it makes me re-examine my position.

Flying Titan said:
I've seen it done in other strikes (other industries) before and I've always considered it a classless thing to do. People have families....kids. There is no reason to drag them into a business dispute ever.

More often than not, I support labor in these situations, but when this starts to happen, it makes me re-examine my position.
[post="300939"][/post]​

Is it any worse than when the company sends things to the strikers houses trying to frighten strikers wives and families?

Bob Owens said:
Is it any worse than when the company sends things to the strikers houses trying to frighten strikers wives and families?
[post="300941"][/post]​

And when NW does that they should get slated too.

[post="300915"][/post]​

'Replacement Worker'

You mean SCAB.

So you can take my job, come on the internet as an alias, laugh about taking my job, yet when I stand in front of your house and tell your friends and neighbors that you are a SCAB, I have low morals.

You might want to reexamine you own principles.

-BigE
SCABHunter
AMFA9
scabhunters-01.jpg

See, if the union sends goons to someones house, evidently that is OK, because intimidation and thuggery is evidently given a pass.

If that is OK, I'd like to see management go picket the houses of some union guy who is an underperformer.

Of course, if that happened, the company would be sued in a minute.

Double standard anyone?

Picketing someones house is a classless stunt that only serves to make the union guys look like a bunch of lowlifes.

I can predict, almost to the word, the response I will get. Blah blah blah, scab, blah blah blah, taking our jobs, blah blah blah, evil management, blah blah blah, killing the middle class, blah blah blah. :p

HPearlyretiree said:
I can predict, almost to the word, the response I will get. Blah blah blah, scab, blah blah blah, taking our jobs, blah blah blah, evil management, blah blah blah, killing the middle class, blah blah blah. :p
[post="300988"][/post]​
you forgot, blah blah blah, no better than a child molester, blah blah blah, you owe everything in life and prosperity to a union

HPearlyretiree said:
See, if the union sends goons to someones house, evidently that is OK, because intimidation and thuggery is evidently given a pass.

If that is OK, I'd like to see management go picket the houses of some union guy who is an underperformer.

Double standard anyone?
Picketing someones house is a classless stunt that only serves to make the union guys look like a bunch of lowlifes.

[post="300988"][/post]​
<_< HP---- What do you think is going on here? You think this is some sort of game? These people (SCABS) are stealing food off the table of people who have invested a good portion of their lifes in this company! This is an ugly business! Now I'm not condoning violance in any form, but if a person choses to become a scab, he'd better be awear of the concqences!!!!

HPearlyretiree said:

Double standard anyone?

[post="300988"][/post]​

Yeah,you can sit back and be self-righteous because you already have your early retirement in your pocket.Don't be complaining when ALL airline pensions are thrown into the PBGC as a result C11 filings by the majors.
Have you ever heard of the right to free speech and it is not restricted just to airport terminals.The news media sets up encampments outside of high profile people's houses all the time.
People should not even think that they can cross picket lines without some type of consequense for doing so.
The union is already viewed by people like you as bunch of lowlifes so picketing in front of someones house will not affect their image at all.

Emil.Howes said:
'Replacement Worker'

You mean SCAB.

So you can take my job, come on the internet as an alias, laugh about taking my job, yet when I stand in front of your house and tell your friends and neighbors that you are a SCAB, I have low morals.

You might want to reexamine you own principles.

-BigE
SCABHunter
AMFA9

My principles are fine. I'm not unionised and I've never done struck work.

I still think it's morally bankrupt to involve a guys family in your fight.

MCI transplant said:
<_< HP---- What do you think is going on here? You think this is some sort of game? These people (SCABS) are stealing food off the table of people who have invested a good portion of their lifes in this company! This is an ugly business! Now I'm not condoning violance in any form, but if a person choses to become a scab, he'd better be awear of the concqences!!!!
[post="300995"][/post]​

What are you condoning then?

My principles are fine. I'm not unionised and I've never done struck work.

I still think it's morally bankrupt to involve a guys family in your fight.
[post="301008"][/post]​
<_< Aren't you missing the point! By crossing someones picket line, you are involving a guys family!!! THE FAMILY OF THE PERSON ON STRIKE!!!!!!! :angry:

What are you condoning then?
[post="301011"][/post]​
<_< What are we talking about here? Peaceful picketing of a scabs home? Do I condone that? Why not? That person chose to become a scab! The picketors have the right to voice their greavences publicly, in a lawful maner!!!!

MCI transplant said:
<_< Aren't you missing the point! By crossing someones picket line, you are involving a guys family!!! THE FAMILY OF THE PERSON ON STRIKE!!!!!!! :angry:
[post="301018"][/post]​

True, but I don't see anyone hassling the union guys at home. It's all happening at the workplace, surely that's where this kind of thing should be kept?