Picketing Some Dudes House?

The guy's driveway is public property?

The good old days of intimidation and thuggery are over, you got left behind.

Go say hi to Jimmy Hoffa if you can find him.

HPearlyretiree said:

[post="301399"][/post]​

Actually they are on the side walk in front of his house. Just because his driveway crosses a PUBLIC sidewalk doesnt mean he owns that piece of sidewalk. If you dont believe me try putting up a barrier blocking the sidewalk from crossing your driveway and see what happens.

HPearlyretiree said:

[post="301399"][/post]​

'Sidewalk', a public egress from the street to his property line.
We are on 'public property'.
Can you comprehend this? Or are you simply going to repeat your slander until it becomes a truth?

If you want to speak of 'thuggery' then address the rape of our pay, benefits, and pension.

Now that is 'real' thuggery!!!

-BigE

goingboeing said:
Yeah,you can sit back and be self-righteous because you already have your early retirement in your pocket.Don't be complaining when ALL airline pensions are thrown into the PBGC as a result C11 filings by the majors.
Have you ever heard of the right to free speech and it is not restricted just to airport terminals.The news media sets up encampments outside of high profile people's houses all the time.
People should not even think that they can cross picket lines without some type of consequense for doing so.
The union is already viewed by people like you as bunch of lowlifes so picketing in front of someones house will not affect their image at all.
[post="300999"][/post]​
Just to clarify something in your responce to HP Early Retire, HP does not and has never had a defined pension plan like you do. 401k only!

Otherwise, I feel for you guys. I hope this gets resolved so that no one looses their jobs.
Stay strong

Emil.Howes said:
We are always on public property.
Orderly and considerate to the neighborhood.
Professionalism is the order of the day.
We are not thugs but exercising our right to free speech.
If the individual is ashamed of his actions he might want to modify his behavior.

-BigE
[post="301389"][/post]​
<_< I love it!!! Keep those pictures comming!!!! :p :p :p

HPearlyretiree said:

[post="301399"][/post]​
Most residential city streets have a 60 foot easement even though they normally use between 23 to 30 feet for asphalt n curbing. An individuals driveway doesnt become private property until after it crosses his lot line!

I'm sorry but being politically correct is a facade put on by the government and corporations to save their asses from lawsuits but we the people still have the right to free speech and it makes this red blooded American proud to see that these guys are using that right. ROCK ON

The thing is, I do very much sympathise with the situation of the AMFA strikers. Strikebreakers do harm the union movement and get involved in a situation that really has nothing to do with them.

However, you guys must have seen the writing on the walls with strikebreaker training, constant chatter about Ch11 and mounting losses. NW has screwed you over, you couldn't win this one. Wouldn't it have been better to take one, and then when things improve take some of those concessions back?

whodoyouthinkyouare said:
True, but I don't see anyone hassling the union guys at home.  It's all happening at the workplace, surely that's where this kind of thing should be kept?
[post="301025"][/post]​

If NWA wants to set up pickets at strikers homes telling everyone in the Neighborhood that "so and so is on strike" I dont think the strikers would mind. After all we know that if the company were to do that they would have to pay people to do it.

They knew what they were in for, you have no problem citing that fact about the strikers.

The thing is, I do very much sympathise with the situation of the AMFA strikers.

Somehow I doubt that. You are trying to help the scabs. If you are trying to help them then you are against the strikers.

Strikebreakers do harm the union movement and get involved in a situation that really has nothing to do with them.

They chose to join the side of management. Just read some of the posts from those who claim to be scabs and you can see how vicious and jealous they are of those who got these jobs when they couldnt.

Emil.Howes said:
If you want to speak of 'thuggery' then address the rape of our pay, benefits, and pension.
Now that is 'real' thuggery!!!
-BigE
[post="301411"][/post]​

Your way over inflated pay, overly liberal benefits and piss poor performance along with pure laziness is what was raping the company. You built a weak dam you homesteaded underneath it and now that it has broken you want to cry about it. Call your boys at MAE and at San Antonio Aerospace and ask them what real life is like. You claim your union benefits everyone in the industry, well have your boys ask around down there so you will know how little impact your union has anywhere else other than your own back yard. If you think AMFA has an impact on the whole industry you are crazy. The only reason AMFA is having an impact on the contract industry now is because it suckered its members into a strike it couldn't win. Your glorified welfare days are over. If Northwest lets AMFA back in the door they are bigger fools than today’s union supporters. You guys don't give anything to any company all you do is rape, pillage and give your praise to your pathetic little union. I did three Turn Arounds and cleared three MEL's yesterday. In union time that relates to a weeks worth of work and in some cases two. Your sitting on your buttocks for six or seven hours a day and stealing a fat paycheck are over. You need to go cry your shameful cry elsewhere. I'm working your union’s job because you abandoned it. I'm glad you did because I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Too bad you didn't. Call me what you want picket who ever you want, go stand in my driveway I’ll have pizza delivered. The only way you are going to get it back from me is to come and get it, till then I’ll keep the company that you despise so much flying for you.

PlayTheOdds said:
I did three Turn Arounds and cleared three MEL's yesterday.

WOW, now that is impressive!!!! You did that all in 8.5 hours? What were the MEL's, three loaner LRU's? No wonder you were offline yesterday as man can only do so much!!!

I thought you were studying up on how to properly service an IDG :p

Bob Owens said:
If NWA wants to set up pickets at strikers homes telling everyone in the Neighborhood that "so and so is on strike" I dont think the strikers would mind. After all we know that if the company were to do that they would have to pay people to do it.

Suppose NWA had their security Goons over at your house? or following your wife and kids around, and telling all your neighbors that in NWA's opinion you are performing terrorist acts? (and they do have all the strikers addresses on file).
again i sympathize with AMFA, but the U.S. National labor Relations Act. spells out the rights of strikers and all these thuggery tactics are not in it. IMHO I feel that informational picketing at the airports where Northwest Flies,padding the pockets of Politicians and acting like skilled professionals is a much better approach

PlayTheOdds said:
I did three Turn Arounds and cleared three MEL's yesterday.
[post="301540"][/post]​

Wow 3 t/a's in an 8 hr shift. It took you that long to do a general walkaround, check the tires and service the oil? What were the MEL's? 2 nav lights and a landing light? I can see where that would consume most of your 8 hr shift.

Thats the difference between a scab like yourself and a union member. The union member would have had all that done in 1 hr tops but it takes you all night and you feel proud that you were able to accomplish it. No wonder the on-time rating is 20th best out of 20 airlines.

Keep up the good work PTO.

Jack I know what went on here. I saw the updated numbers yesterday. You guys are a bunch of clowns. If a lead or supervisor gave you more than two cards a shift you went whining to the union crying foul. The pilots have even told me how lazy you guys were. Go tell your lies elsewhere.

Sorry, but picketing at someone's house is no better than pro-lifer's harassing women walking out of an abortion clinic or staff who work at one.

I may not agree with abortion, but I don't have the right to harass someone for exercising their legal right to have or perform one.

Had NWA locked out the workers, I'd be more sympathetic to the strikers on the issue of replacements. But they weren't locked out -- they chose to walk off the job and stay out.

If you're going to support the the legal right of strikers to walk off the job, you have to support the legal rights of replacement workers to step into those vacant jobs, either directly or indirectly.

PlayTheOdds said:
Jack I know what went on here. I saw the updated numbers yesterday. You guys are a bunch of clowns. If a lead o supervisor gave you more than two cards a shift you went whining to the union crying foul. The pilots have even told me how lazy you guys were. Go tell your lies elsewhere.
[post="301609"][/post]​

First off we didnt have lead supervisor's to hand out cards. Second, you have no clue as to what went on before your scum sucking self arrived at its present location. Third, if you think anything a SCAB says has any creditability then your dead wrong. I've talked to many pilots getting out of the hotel shuttle and they tell me how you guys are completely lost and how they hate having to call maintenance to the plane because they know you wont have a clue what they are talking about.

Now you keep telling your lies about how your so well accepted and how great of a job your doing but please remember that your nothing but a SCAB and being such makes any thing you might say as suspect and more often just plain lies.

Back