Status
Not open for further replies.
xUT said:
Shouldn't you be checking your BroBra...  :lol:

attachicon.gif
ManHandler01.gif
You really have some film library,doesn't surprise me a bit

WeAAsles said:
Yea. Great language from a former VP of the airline. Whatever. 
Hey W, if you're so confident you know this person, why not spit it out. They obviously know your name, as we all do.

Reactions: 1 person
Worldport said:
Agreed, for me getting rid of Glass would be a good start.What's the sense of trying to turn relations around if you are going to keep  an  anti-labor employee adversary. 
Add Jim Weel to that list!

Worldport said:
FWAA is a critic of Parker at first I though he was a PIT based flight attendant forced to commute now I understand  his hatred for Parker. What Parker did taking  a weak AW merging it with a US that had a one foot in the grave and brilliantly playing Horton and making AA the largest one of the most profitable airlines in the the world was brilliant. Sure his critics point at his failed attempts at UA and DL but I'm sure Edison's light bulb didn't work the first try
Clueless as usual... :p

Reactions: 3 people
Worldport said:
Agreed, for me getting rid of Glass would be a good start.What's the sense of trying to turn relations around if you are going to keep  an  anti-labor employee adversary. 
Using Jerry especially for the guys in the IAM who have had many personal dealings with him in the past probably wasn't the smartest idea. But if you think of it (I guess) from a corporate perspective he's probably very good at what he does which is trying to protect the corporate assets.

I still think overall that the pace of the negotiations since they started has been decent but I'm hoping that there's a date where the company side say's "Alright let's get this done now"

AANOTOK said:
Hey W, if you're so confident you know this person, why not spit it out. They obviously know your name, as we all do.
I don't know this person but any time I've gone off on the old management team he's taken offense about it big time. He's given himself away many times that he was a part of those guys.

Eoleson was also a part of that team and left a wile back but his comments rarely have an emotional attachment of anger in them. And don't get me wrong. I do for the most part like to read what FWAA has to say. I learn things from both of them and a few others that come on this board occasionally.

And I also chose to publicly expose myself because a few other posters on here called me out for hiding behind the handle. My thought was simply what am I being afraid of if I'm just trying to be honest and speak my mind. But the TOS on this page doesn't force anyone to have to do that if they don't want to. 

xUT said:
Clueless as usual... :p
This isn't your word association thread use more than three words to back up your statement. I know your'e in a hurry to film a field hockey tournament or is it volleyball either way I'll wait for you to get back. 

WeAAsles said:
Using Jerry especially for the guys in the IAM who have had many personal dealings with him in the past probably wasn't the smartest idea. But if you think of it (I guess) from a corporate perspective he's probably very good at what he does which is trying to protect the corporate assets.

I still think overall that the pace of the negotiations since they started has been decent but I'm hoping that there's a date where the company side say's "Alright let's get this done now"
 He probably is good, but he represents a bad time in LUS history not to mention his dealings as a private contractor. How credible would Parker be if he kept that guy who called you bricks?

AANOTOK said:
I'm not trying to beat up on you, personally, but see, that's the thing; members of strong unions don't fret about the individuals hired by management to negotiate against their union because it simply doesn't matter.

Members of impotent, useless unions, on the other hand, complain about management hiring the likes of Jerry Glass/Weel/Brundage, etc. Why? Because the impotent, useless leaders of their impotent, useless unions offer it up as yet another excuse. And members buy into their endless excuses. "We'd do better for you if management wasn't so unfair in hiring such effective negotiators." See how ludicrous that sounds? Your union is admitting that its success hinges on management hiring weak, impotent, ineffective negotiators to represent the company.

Because I know that my union negotiates effectively on my behalf, I couldn't care less which union-busting big-shot is hired by management. And my union has never tried to make excuses by claiming "management is unfair because there's no way we can counter their big-name hired guns." My union leadership would be back on the floor in a minute if they said anything that stupid.

Reactions: 1 person
FWAAA said:
I'm not trying to beat up on you, personally, but see, that's the thing; members of strong unions don't fret about the individuals hired by management to negotiate against their union because it simply doesn't matter.

Members of impotent, useless unions, on the other hand, complain about management hiring the likes of Jerry Glass/Weel/Brundage, etc. Why? Because the impotent, useless leaders of their impotent, useless unions offer it up as yet another excuse. And members buy into their endless excuses. "We'd do better for you if management wasn't so unfair in hiring such effective negotiators." See how ludicrous that sounds? Your union is admitting that its success hinges on management hiring weak, impotent, ineffective negotiators to represent the company.

Because I know that my union negotiates effectively on my behalf, I couldn't care less which union-busting big-shot is hired by management. And my union has never tried to make excuses by claiming "management is unfair because there's no way we can counter their big-name hired guns." My union leadership would be back on the floor in a minute if they said anything that stupid.
 So you think using the former VP of employee relations who the unions despised is a good way to turn employee relations around? Forget about your hatred for the unions for a minute

AANOTOK said:
There are also others in there besides Glass and Weel. It would be nice to know who all of the negotiators are for the company to maybe do a little research on what positions they've held are? 

The old AANegotiations page is no longer active. 

http://www.aanegotiations.com/

Worldport said:
 So you think using the former VP of employee relations who the unions despised is a good way to turn employee relations around? Forget about your hatred for the unions for a minute
Reading is fundamental.
You and WeAAzy might want to take a junior college class to get up to speed. :LOL:

Reactions: 3 people
xUT said:
Reading is fundamental.
You and WeAAzy might want to take a junior college class to get up to speed. :lol:
I thought I did very well in your word association game sure drove you off. Now you're hanging around junior colleges too?Man you get around, creepy. This new bathroom law is taking all the fun out of it for you isn't it

FWAAA said:

Are you now all of a sudden trying to say that you belong to a Union? That's not something that I recall you ever saying before?

And Jeff Brundage? I thought he either quit or was fired? Was he brought back in?

"To get back to the original point, I don’t think Brundage was fired. I also think Brundage understood that it had come time for him to leave, that Horton and American had to give a signal to employees that management was changing, and that Brundage’s usefulness to the enterprise was winding up.
It would be better for Horton, I think, if the unions, their members and unhappy employees believed Brundage was fired, to show everyone that things had changed. Who knows?

But maybe Horton called him in the office, chewed him out for proposals that sent unions fleeing to US Airways, criticized his persuasive abilities, blamed him for failing to get the contracts that could have headed off bankruptcy and called his dog ugly, and then told him to pack his things and be out by July 1. I don’t know. They never tell me anything. So we just speculate, as I, my pilot friend, the analysts and all the rest of us standing on the outside do all the time.
And publicly, nobody ever gets fired in business, do they? They all just resign to pursue other opportunities in the private sector."

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2012/05/the-departure-of-jeff-brundage.html/

Or is it this one?

"Jeff Brundage, known for being the mastermind behind the strategy that America Airlines has set, will no longer be working for the airline carrier. His departure comes at a time where reorganizing is going on and other positions are being cut during the “thinning out” process. Brundage wrote a letter to his colleagues in which he stated that good things must come to an end. He will now step down from his position as the senior vice president for human resources. For a little while, he will stay active as an advisor for the chairman and chief executive. Brundage is sad to depart but believes that with the work that is being done now, obstacles will be accomplished. He knows that there is still work that needs to be done but believes at this time, for a number of reasons; it is time for him to move on and take on other challenges."

- See more at: http://www.gig.com/blog/2012/05/01/jeff-brundage-leaves-america-airlines/#sthash.2FRXK93l.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.