Profit sharing

And it took a chapter 11 filing to do accomplish that and/or negotiations outside of chapter 11, at least the members got a say and a vote, did DL FAs and ACS get a say in Leadership 7.5 or Chapter 11?

Why did PMNW employee fair better in Chapter 11 than DL?

700UW said:
And it took a chapter 11 filing to do accomplish that and/or negotiations outside of chapter 11, at least the members got a say and a vote, did DL FAs and ACS get a say in Leadership 7.5 or Chapter 11?

Why did PMNW employee fair better in Chapter 11 than DL?
A decision made with a gun to your head is not a say or a vote. Dont be so free with your logic.

I can be, because I was a member of the IAM Negotiating Committee during the second chapter 11, we had the gun pointed to our heads and we never reached and agreement for Mechanic and Related and had our CBA abrogated.

So dont tell me about it, I was there and lived it.

We had two chapter 11s to deal with in less than two years, and was threatened at Christmas of the first chapter 11 that if we didnt give more we would be shut down.

700UW said:
I can be, because I was a member of the IAM Negotiating Committee during the second chapter 11, we had the gun pointed to our heads and we never reached and agreement for Mechanic and Related and had our CBA abrogated.

So dont tell me about it, I was there and lived it.

We had two chapter 11s to deal with in less than two years, and was threatened at Christmas of the first chapter 11 that if we didnt give more we would be shut down.
So whats the mighty iam excuse for the BK deal they negotiated this last time?

scorpion 2 said:
So whats the mighty iam excuse for the BK deal they negotiated this last time?
Maybe because 700 was not involved this time around. He saved the AMT's with his highly talented negotiation skills before. We need him for jcba negotiations or else we are screwed. Help us 700, please..

USFlyer said:
Negotiate higher pay in lieu of profit sharing.  You'll be better off in the long run.
That is what I have been saying, give whatever PS would be, and raise the structural. This way I could contribute more to my 401. 

bob@las-AA said:
That is what I have been saying, give whatever PS would be, and raise the structural. This way I could contribute more to my 401. 
Sadly not going to happen with the track record the TWU has. They sacrifice money and benefits to save jobs. That way they save jobs and union dues. A cowards way of surrendering and selling the membership a win over management's scare tactics.
"Your Lucky You Have A Job Brother"

1AA said:
Sadly not going to happen with the track record the TWU has. They sacrifice money and benefits to save jobs. That way they save jobs and union dues. A cowards way of surrendering and selling the membership a win over management's scare tactics.
"Your Lucky You Have A Job Brother"
I have yet to see the saved jobs. They were only temporary in order to get a contract passed.

MetalMover said:
I have yet to see the saved jobs. They were only temporary in order to get a contract passed.
OSM's, SRP's and Junior mechanics saved jobs whether it be long term or short term.
In the meantime while these positions existed the dues flowed and the company saved money. So they got the work on the cheap and the union was bragging on success.

1AA said:
OSM's, SRP's and Junior mechanics saved jobs whether it be long term or short term.
In the meantime while these positions existed the dues flowed and the company saved money. So they got the work on the cheap and the union was bragging on success.
They saved jobs at the cost of losing license pay and different pay scale. Mechanics being forced to downgrade is a loss of jobs for mechanics. 

MetalMover said:
They saved jobs at the cost of losing license pay and different pay scale. Mechanics being forced to downgrade is a loss of jobs for mechanics. 
When they ushered in the SRP the union claimed no AMT forced into an SRP position would ever lose any money.  Some of us knew better and voted no, but we got out-voted as usual.  Now as you can see they use the OSM to steal license pay from AMTs.  But they get their union dues from base pay so the TWU doesn't lose any money.  Nice huh?

Is there an active drive at DL for maintenance like there is for FAs and ACS?

Nope.

So why are there THREE different pay scales for Flight Attendants?

Why do FAs doing the same job make different wages and get different percentages of raises, some get 2% some get 3% and some get 4%?

2,3 & 4% raise  is still better than the contract the LUS Mech & Related are stuck with....thinking they negotiated 1.5% the final year of the contract...pretty much sucks!!!  As for the three scales,  LUS has a ten year progression until top out?

Latest posts

Back