Profit sharing

"Maybe in September" is more like it.......with the way this cluster is turning out nothing is guaranteed !!!

MetalMover said:
They saved jobs at the cost of losing license pay and different pay scale. Mechanics being forced to downgrade is a loss of jobs for mechanics. 
"Saving jobs" by destroying the compensation and work rules are not why people formed Unions. This whole concept reeks of powerlessness and defeatism, it implies that the company sets up what the choices will be based on a non-negotiable bottom line on labor costs. In other words you still get slaughtered, but you pay dues so when you get on your knees before the company you get to pick your poison. 

One of the great lies that we have consistently heard over the last ten years is that UPS and WN negotiated away jobs in favor of higher pay and better benefits. The fact is that neither of those carriers laid off mechanics in return for higher wages, in WNs case even after a merger they still didn't lay off mechanics, not in proportion to fleet size but no union ever had language that tied headcount to fleet size.  The fact is both of those carriers have increased their mechanic headcount.  They never had the work in house that AA, UA or Delta had to negotiate away. Twenty years ago when we were all within pennies of each other they had fewer mechanics than they do now, their mechanic headcount didn't go down, but after factoring in the mergers Delta, UA and AA all have seen massive headcount reductions, in addition to much lower pay. Yes things have changed over the last twenty years, UPS and WN have added mechanics and kept pay levels pretty much consistent with inflation, , as UPS and WN grew the MRO market also grew and they took advantage of that, but they didn't negotiate away jobs to do that they simply didn't become a Walmart and become "job creators" at the expense of wages and benefits.   On the other hand the big three, in some cases with help from the Unions, pushed their employees in a race to the bottom, and AA won. 

AA Tulsa Mechanic said:
Thanks smartass I'm on vacation and was asked.
You don't know a very basic piece of information from our contract? C ' mon man.

700UW said:
Is there an active drive at DL for maintenance like there is for FAs and ACS?

Nope.

So why are there THREE different pay scales for Flight Attendants?

Why do FAs doing the same job make different wages and get different percentages of raises, some get 2% some get 3% and some get 4%?
I hope that the IAM succeeds at Delta despite the fact I do think the IAM is the wrong Union. (I think the AFA should have given it another try.) Where does the IAM represent Flight Attendants? 

Didn't you recently support passage of the APFA agreement where Flight Attendants got different 401K matches and some got signing bonuses and not others? 

If they have three pay scales and all three end up higher than the APFA and AFA after PS its going to be a hard sell. 

They use to represent TWA and CO.

They have a few RJ operators.

Getting 12,000+cards was a feat.

Nope I never said anything about supporting different rates for their 401k match nor a signing bonus.

If I remember correctly the APFA didnt get a signing bonus.

Called fidelity, DP advised to deduct FICA taxes,even though 100% Is deferred into my account
Why?
When deducting at a later time,I'll get taxed 2X

wench said:
Called fidelity, DP advised to deduct FICA taxes,even though 100% Is deferred into my account
Why?
When deducting at a later time,I'll get taxed 2X
FICA (Social Security Tax) is withheld from pre-tax contributions to retirement accounts like a 401k. There's no exception in the tax code to protect these bonus payments from social security tax.

No, you won't be "double taxed" later when you withdraw the money, as the FICA will have already been paid. You will have to pay federal income tax on the withdrawals, of course.

700UW said:
They use to represent TWA and CO.
They have a few RJ operators.
Getting 12,000+cards was a feat.

Nope I never said anything about supporting different rates for their 401k match nor a signing bonus.

If I remember correctly the APFA didnt get a signing bonus.
The US FAs supposedly got a lump sum for the inferior medical plan (concession) that they agreed to under their new deal which was labeled as a bonus on their pay checks. The AA flight attendants did not get that.

So are you saying that you didn't write in favor of passage of the APFA FIVE Year deal that had them at "industry leading" for less than a few months? 

From what I've read Delta workers will see a PS of 16.5%. That puts them comfortably ahead of AA Flight Attendants. 

The IAM recently brought back a five year deal deal (in Section 6)  to their members that not only was nowhere near DELTA in pay and had ZERO profit sharing and gave concessions as far as work being outsourced to TWU/AA and not counted as outsourced.    We had Profit Sharing but Little gave it away because "The IAM doesn't have it", Now the IAM says that they didnt bother with PS because AA doesnt have it. So far the Association between the TWU and IAM isn't working out so well, we got rid of Little, but you guys kept your sell outs in place. 

Latest posts

Back