Teamsters "raiding" TWU?

Ed Norton

Veteran
Sep 29, 2003
328 Chauncey Street
Got a nice big unsolicited envelope from the Teamsters today in my mailbox. A couple of years ago I contacted the Teamsters about representing the AA AMTs. I was told by one of their organizers by e-mail that they do not "raid" other unions. I imagine that is true only when there is no threat from AMFA. Now that AMFA is back they have to help their TWU buddies and split the vote. I hope no one falls for this phony sudden interest by the Teamsters. Anyway, I did not bother to open the envelope and wrote "RETURN TO SENDER on it. Everyone else should do the same.

Reactions: 5 people
Got a nice big unsolicited envelope from the Teamsters today in my mailbox. A couple of years ago I contacted the Teamsters about representing the AA AMTs. I was told by one of their organizers by e-mail that they do not "raid" other unions. I imagine that is true only when there is no threat from AMFA. Now that AMFA is back they have to help their TWU buddies and split the vote. I hope no one falls for this phony sudden interest by the Teamsters. Anyway, I did not bother to open the envelope and wrote "RETURN TO SENDER on it. Everyone else should do the same.
It shouldn't take a rocket surgeon to figure this out, but yet we still see a few teamsters flyers posted here at AFW. As far as I'm concerned, if your pushing the teamsters, your fkin up the program and supporting the twu. Divide and conquer, that's what the twu does best.

Reactions: 2 people
Who do you think supplied the mailing list to the teamsters? I'll give the abbreviation. T.W.U. Nice coincidence you get the mailouts the day before the AMFA meeting.

Maybe the teamsters are trying to save you from yourselves!! In this case AMFA is trying to divide you from your Union ( And belief in) to become part of there Fraternal Association.What do you think the company is going to get from this? I don't think they will consider you a unified group. But hey it's AA they won't take advantage of you.

This is counter to the maxim, divide and conquer. As a union we should be aware of the tactics often utilized to defeat us. The primary tactic used is to divide our membership: line versus hangar, days versus evening, bay versus bay, mechanics versus appearance technicians, etc. There are many differences between these examples but let us work out these differences amongst ourselves. We should not divide ourselves into groups to be slaughtered one at a time by outside forces. Instead we should work more closely not only among ourselves but also with other organized groups such as the pilots, flight attendants, and ramp. The more knowledge we have of what is happening to those around us, the better prepared will be when it is our turn in the spotlight.

What can you do as an individual?

Educate yourself on the contract and do your part to enforce it: communicate with union officials and other work groups; do not comment on the performance of others with management; do not allow yourself or others to be singled out.

If we allow others to be slaughtered, who will be next? And as I see it there is no downside to this, it takes only minimal effort, and can have significant rewards.

Aesop’s Fables (Sixth century B.C.) – An OLD man on the point of death summoned his sons around him to give them some parting advice. He ordered his servants to bring in a bundle of sticks, and said to his eldest son, “Break it.” The son strained and strained, but with all his efforts was unable to break the bundle. The other sons also tried, but none of them was successful. “Untie the bundle,” said the father, “and each of you take a stick.” When they had done so, he called out to them: “Now, break,” and each stick was easily broken. “You see my meaning,” said their father.

“A Union gives strength.” When the members stand as one..

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe the teamsters are trying to save you from yourselves!! In this case AMFA is trying to divide you from your Union ( And belief in) to become part of there Fraternal Association.What do you think the company is going to get from this? I don't think they will consider you a unified group. But hey it's AA they won't take advantage of you.

This is counter to the maxim, divide and conquer. As a union we should be aware of the tactics often utilized to defeat us. The primary tactic used is to divide our membership: line versus hangar, days versus evening, bay versus bay, mechanics versus appearance technicians, etc. There are many differences between these examples but let us work out these differences amongst ourselves. We should not divide ourselves into groups to be slaughtered one at a time by outside forces. Instead we should work more closely not only among ourselves but also with other organized groups such as the pilots, flight attendants, and ramp. The more knowledge we have of what is happening to those around us, the better prepared will be when it is our turn in the spotlight.

Educate yourself on the contract and do your part to enforce it: communicate with union officials and other work groups; do not comment on the performance of others with management; do not allow yourself or others to be singled out.

If we allow others to be slaughtered, who will be next? And as I see it there is no downside to this, it takes only minimal effort, and can have significant rewards.

Aesop’s Fables (Sixth century B.C.) – An OLD man on the point of death summoned his sons around him to give them some parting advice. He ordered his servants to bring in a bundle of sticks, and said to his eldest son, “Break it.” The son strained and strained, but with all his efforts was unable to break the bundle. The other sons also tried, but none of them was successful. “Untie the bundle,” said the father, “and each of you take a stick.” When they had done so, he called out to them: “Now, break,” and each stick was easily broken. “You see my meaning,” said their father.

I like the part about educating yourself on the contract!!! I just peed myself!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Quite honestly, when I read that teamster handout and the OSM was quoted, the only thing I thought, it seems like more of the same, who's idea was it to pay off the OSM's to get the LBOv2 vote passed, was it AA's or the TWU's. If I have to ask who has my best interest at heart, the TWU has already lost.

Non-union secretary's even get paid full pay when they are sick, nurses get paid shift differentials of more then .01 cent for second shift and a plumber wouldn't work thanksgiving for just x1.5 pay. I'm not forced to work at AA, but I am forced to pay the TWU for the right to work at AA, and these are all things that happened before BK so that isn't an EXCUSE !!!!!!

If you remember back in the earlier AMFA drives both the TWU and the AFL-CIO sent out stuff to our houses as well as posted things saying AMFA was a raider. How come the TWU Intl and the AFL-CIO is not posting and calling for the raid of the Teamsters to STOP? The AFL-CIO knows because I notified them just to see if they would contact the Local here in Miami and I wanted to see if the TWUs Local 561 would notify the Intl and say any thing about the IBT but have not seen or heard a peep. The IBT even had a organizing meeting here in Miami. Nothing from the TWU.

I would really like to know how they got my address any have an answer for that one

If you remember back in the earlier AMFA drives both the TWU and the AFL-CIO sent out stuff to our houses as well as posted things saying AMFA was a raider. How come the TWU Intl and the AFL-CIO is not posting and calling for the raid of the Teamsters to STOP? The AFL-CIO knows because I notified them just to see if they would contact the Local here in Miami and I wanted to see if the TWUs Local 561 would notify the Intl and say any thing about the IBT but have not seen or heard a peep. The IBT even had a organizing meeting here in Miami. Nothing from the TWU.
ibt is no longer afl-cio and can try (lie) for representation anywhere.

Thanks for the laugh.
Razzle Dazzle, wash, rinse and repeat.
B)

Quite honestly, when I read that teamster handout and the OSM was quoted, the only thing I thought, it seems like more of the same, who's idea was it to pay off the OSM's to get the LBOv2 vote passed, was it AA's or the TWU's. If I have to ask who has my best interest at heart, the TWU has already lost.

Non-union secretary's even get paid full pay when they are sick, nurses get paid shift differentials of more then .01 cent for second shift and a plumber wouldn't work thanksgiving for just x1.5 pay. I'm not forced to work at AA, but I am forced to pay the TWU for the right to work at AA, and these are all things that happened before BK so that isn't an EXCUSE !!!!!!

You can make the TWU wait for thier money go to hand Pay. Get a form from your local send it to payroll, they will stop taking dues from your check. Then pay them only when the local sends you a note that you are behind. This has to be done by cert. mail. so it cost them money as well. You can be as much as 3 months behind you will rcv a letter telling you how much you owe then divide in half send them that amount and start over again. When you send it use all odd numbers I've been doing this for 14 yrs now.

Teamsters Local Pres. here in Miami said they would not force us to pay the TWU and I assume that AMFA would either. So lets stick it to the TWU where it hurts the pocketbook. They have hit ours hard enough in the last 9 yrs.

Sign an AMFA card and lets get rid of Little and the boys NOW.....

Reactions: 3 people
I won't and have not comment on your current or past problems with the TWU. I'm not an AA employee or TWU member so I have no business commenting about your situation.But if you think you’re going to get out of paying for your representation your wrong. You will pay AMFA for the right to work for AA!!!!!
I know at Alaska we paid, thru a special assessment. Between 500,000 and 1,000,000 to rid ourselves of a man that did not want to pay. Please quit comparing your self to other profession or hard working folks, you and many in this profession think this justifies something. All this shows is how petty you are.

Latest posts