twu binding arbitration

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
I think that sense are prez. and the intl. are so far off base on what is going in the current negotiation's we should to accept binding arbitration. We should just go to the nmb and request it. I think all the talk and bullshit talking tough is a waste of everyones time.

fricken jim little calls for a strike and now the contract is voted down he backs off his strike stance ( should have never went there in the first place, I think I would like to play some no limt poker with jim)

Now i hear my prez. thinks we should call for a release a second bluff please get real people. This is suppose to be a labor friendly NMB please we are not seeing it and don't be surprised when this is all said and done a impass is declared and we finally get binding arbitration we get less than what the company just offer us ( hell are guys didn't even ask for anything more they just brought it back to us because no one could raise the hand)

I say take the companys last offer and are 2008 table postion and go for binding arbitration

I couldn't agree more, we know that we only get from the TWU what the company GIVES away anyway.

I didnt see where Little backed off. What I saw was a clarification. Apparantly some members had been misled, they were told that if we voted NO that we would be on strike in 30 days.

But make no mistake, if you want to see things get better you had better be prepared to strike.

How do you think the things we want back were won in the first place? They were won either through strike action or the very real threat of strike action. Things havent changed, there's always a risk, always was, if you dont have the stomach for it you dont belong in a Union.

A Union can only lead you into battle, they cant fight it for you.

After the contract vote came out one of the first things from the intl. was we are not going to strike we want to continue talking with the company and we will let the nmb know that

when I have time I will look for a link

With the verbage on the ballot "authorizing anything up to and including a strike" and the companys stance on cost neutral. After the NO vote the twu should have petitioned the NMB to be released. It seems two years of negotiating and all the twu can do is enclose a propaganda letter in with a CBA ballot with some strike verbage on the ballot itself. At least ask to be released. While the NMB mulls the request over we can still negotiate its just one less step towards the inevitable.

With the verbage on the ballot "authorizing anything up to and including a strike" and the companys stance on cost neutral. After the NO vote the twu should have petitioned the NMB to be released. It seems two years of negotiating and all the twu can do is enclose a propaganda letter in with a CBA ballot with some strike verbage on the ballot itself. At least ask to be released. While the NMB mulls the request over we can still negotiate its just one less step towards the inevitable.

The TWU petitioned for a release in March:

http://www.thestreet.com/story/10700935/1/second-amr-union-asks-out-of-mediation.html?cm_ven=GOOGLEFI

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/03/11/2032188/american-says-twu-fleet-services.html

we asked to be released and neg. comm. at the time was clueless about asking to get released

contract gets voted down. now we what to sit down with the company

alot of good came out of sept14-15 NOT!

qoute jim "We will not renew or request without the full consideration with the negotiating committee and the Presidents. "

B.S.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/twu-no-strike-in-our-immediate.html

For the rest of Little's message, keep reading.

"That being said, we have planned to meet with the negotiating committee in order to discuss priorities and our further steps and options. Once accomplished (September 14-15) our next step will be contacting the NMB in order to advise them that we are willing to sit down at the bargaining table with American. However, now that we are in mediation, future meetings must be scheduled by the NMB.
"As you know, several months ago, the TWU and the APFA both requested that the NMB release us. Neither request was granted. We will not renew or request without the full consideration with the negotiating committee and the Presidents. Obviously, we can only make this decision after reviewing the progress of the renewed bargaining. Clearly the NMB will make no judgment about the need for a release until it reviews the progress of any further bargaining.

"Hope that this helps clear up some of the misinformation that has been spread by some media accounts."

I couldn't agree more, we know that we only get from the TWU what the company GIVES away anyway.
Maybe thats because too many of you boys from ORD keep voting "Yes", you need to learn the word "NO" before you complain about what gets brought back. How many contracts have you guys as a whole rejected over the last 20 years and by what margin?

Maybe thats because too many of you boys from ORD keep voting "Yes", you need to learn the word "NO" before you complain about what gets brought back. How many contracts have you guys as a whole rejected over the last 20 years and by what margin?

In 2013 we would have been making $39.60 an hour, now we're making $33.25, and based on the rapid speed of the negotiation process, it looks like it'll be until 2013 until we vote on a new TA. that is cash we'll never make up.

Instead of telling me how to vote, you should concentrate during negotiations on getting us a better deal. Why bring back this TA if you could have done better. Complain to the other presidents not me. We don't even know what the final vote was at ORD, local 563 is keeping it a secret.

Even with YOU on the negotiation committee, we only got what AA was GIVING the agents.

[/quote

In 2013 we would have been making $39.60 an hour, now we're making $33.25, and based on the rapid speed of the negotiation process, it looks like it'll be until 2013 until we vote on a new TA. that is cash we'll never make up.

Instead of telling me how to vote, you should concentrate during negotiations on getting us a better deal. Why bring back this TA if you could have done better. Complain to the other presidents not me. We don't even know what the final vote was at ORD, local 563 is keeping it a secret.

Even with YOU on the negotiation committee, we only got what AA was GIVING the agents.

Duke,

If we would be making $39.60 an hour that would have been a topped out AMT, correct? The guy/gal working starting work between 2200 and 0400? Besides, what about all the concessionary language we would have given up... again. Dollars and cents mean a lot but so does solid language. We would have also had OPEN language for a twu/aa VEBA committee.

As for Bob negotiating a better deal it is hard to do that when the negotiators do not sit across the table from the company and the int. does the talking. Besides, Bob and the other NO voters on this t/a tried to fight to bring back better but were voted down by a roll call vote. We see how that worked out for some of the yes voters. We want a better deal? We are btter off negotiating with a new union that listens to the membership.

You complain about bad contracts that you vote to accept. :blink: :blink:

I voted against bringing this back and I put it on our website how our Local voted.

Does anyone really think that the company doesnt know where it was voted down and where it passed?

You complain about bad contracts that you vote to accept. :blink: :blink:

I voted against bringing this back and I put it on our website how our Local voted.

Does anyone really think that the company doesnt know where it was voted down and where it passed?

How did you get I was complaining from "Why bring back this TA if you could have done better" ? <_<

I appreciate your hard work and time away from family, but the bottom line is, we got nothing more after 2 plus years of negotiating then what AA GAVE the agents and you are part of the negotiation team and I would not say that you are scared to fight the company or international.

I'm not sure how AA knowing how we voted effects anything, but if it's local 563 secrecy talk to Gilboy.

FWAAA, it's a hopeless argument with this crowd. Many have "selective memory syndrome" and choose to focus on attacking their own union's actions no matter the reality. The fact that TWU has been playing hard ball and included the strike authorization language seems to mean nothing.

They want AMP, AMP, AMP! Because that will magically make everything better.

Latest posts