TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
Worldport said:
Should have been sorted during those six months they were supposed to be sorting things out... yeah thats it
It has NOT been sorted out. Will most likely be arbitrated.

MetalMover said:
My understanding is that issue will be most likely be settled by an arbitrator. I believe it affects your group as well.
Our CC language is the same. Occupational seniority day 1 you enter the classification for any Fleet position.

WeAAsles said:
Our CC language is the same. Occupational seniority day 1 you enter the classification for any Fleet position.
Fleet's CC seniority starts day the day you bid the CC slot? LUS language?

Worldport said:
 Do you really expect to get your pension back? how about 0 cost for health insurance you know as well as I we will never see those things again and by your definition those are concessions I think what most people are buzzing about are NEW concessions which Isom denied
We haven't had free insurance since 89.  I'm talking about everything that was taken in 2003 that resulted in the concessionary contract we have now.  My point was just because you improve the concession a little bit it is still a concession.  These benefits that were taken are freely given to other work groups.  I want them back.  If you want to vote yes to continue them then do us all a favor and go somewhere else so we can have our careers back.  People like you make us all look bad.  So now it's benefits for jobs?  You are pathetic. 

Worldport said:
700 what did the AMFA AMTS want from NW and at what other unions expense?
AMFA sent a letter to NW Management telling them to take more concessions from the IAM represented employees so AMFA members would take less concessions.

The IAM represented, Ramp, CSA, Stores, Res, and several other classification.

Then AMFA had the audacity to send a letter to Roach asking him for the IAM's support in the strike, the IAM sent a letter back asking for several conditions to be met in order for the IAM to do that, and AMFA never responded.

700UW said:
AMFA sent a letter to NW Management telling them to take more concessions from the IAM represented employees so AMFA members would take less concessions.

Then AMFA had the audacity to send a letter to Roach asking him for the IAM's support in the strike, the IAM sent a letter back asking for several conditions to be met in order for the IAM to do that, and AMFA never responded.
I have never seen this so called letter. Provide the letter and then maybe someone will believe you. I personally believe that it was a complete lie made up by the iam to muddy the waters and create hostility towards the AMFA.
As far as the letter that the AMFA sent to the iam !!!!!  This should not have been sent because the iam and every other union at NW should have done the right union thing and honored the picket line but they didn't. They became SCABS!!!!!!!! Roach made this personal and asked for things in his letter that no respectable union  would agree to. The letter was written knowing that the AMFA would not agree and therefore taking roach off the hook. This is typical the industrial unions (iam,twu,ibt) its all about what the union wants and not what the membership wants. This ABORTION called an association is a perfect example.

PM me an e-mail address and I will send you the IAM's reply to dell which outlines everything.

The file is a PDF and is too large to upload to the forum.

OldGuy@AA said:
We haven't had free insurance since 89.  I'm talking about everything that was taken in 2003 that resulted in the concessionary contract we have now.  My point was just because you improve the concession a little bit it is still a concession.  These benefits that were taken are freely given to other work groups.  I want them back.  If you want to vote yes to continue them then do us all a favor and go somewhere else so we can have our careers back.  People like you make us all look bad.  So now it's benefits for jobs?  You are pathetic. 
Actually you're pathetic and not to smart if you think you are going to get all they took back. the worlds a different place you are like a bald man checking the mirror everyday to see if you are growing new hair its a waste of time and you're wasting your life waiting for things to return to what they once were.  It's time for your old butt to move on and enjoy the time you have left

700UW said:

Thanks 700 now I remember what a set of rocks AMFA had. Doesn't matter they were sent running with their tails between their legs what a failure that strike was

767 mechanic said:
I have never seen this so called letter. Provide the letter and then maybe someone will believe you. I personally believe that it was a complete lie made up by the iam to muddy the waters and create hostility towards the AMFA.
As far as the letter that the AMFA sent to the iam !!!!!  This should not have been sent because the iam and every other union at NW should have done the right union thing and honored the picket line but they didn't. They became SCABS!!!!!!!! Roach made this personal and asked for things in his letter that no respectable union  would agree to. The letter was written knowing that the AMFA would not agree and therefore taking roach off the hook. This is typical the industrial unions (iam,twu,ibt) its all about what the union wants and not what the membership wants. This ABORTION called an association is a perfect example.
The elitist B/S didn't work then and would not work now. Yes you are skilled, the problem for you is that you can be replaced tomorrow by cheap foreign labor and the company would love to do it, just give them an excuse. At least your skills can be applied elsewhere most of us(F/S) would be up a creek

Worldport said:
Thanks 700 now I remember what a set of rocks AMFA had. Doesn't matter they were sent running with their tails between their legs what a failure that strike was
Oh you're just trying to become the new red mark poster child, aren't you?

12919760_10154062239574486_8795657693941646258_n.jpg

Back