TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
WeAAsles said:
Words in Z mouth. Not my words Mi Capitan. You know the people Im talking about.

Again I know you're not dumb so stop pretending you are with me. It's not at all Sportsman like behavior.
That was a question....NOT an insinuation..

Worldport said:
If all the AMTs feel the same as the few on this site we may be in for a long wait.
We have separate negotiations....The long wait might very well be isolated to the mechanic group.

MetalMover said:
I am for my CRAFT...Something you and some of your fellow fleet members take joy in mocking.
Would you turn down a really good fleet service contract knowing another workgroup, i.e. mechanics got a really bad one?
700 what did the AMFA AMTS want from NW and at what other unions expense?

MetalMover said:
I am for my CRAFT...Something you and some of your fellow fleet members take joy in mocking.
Would you turn down a really good fleet service contract knowing another workgroup, i.e. mechanics got a really bad one?
I never mock you. I'm for your Craft also. I consider you my blue collar brother. I want to see you win the world and cheer you on for taking it. But I know many of your coworkers absolutely don't feel the same. Those are the guys I mock.

And you're not going to get a really bad contract so the point is moot.

MetalMover said:
We have separate negotiations....The long wait might very well be isolated to the mechanic group.
Well you do have much more complex issues licences and such. I just hope it doesn't turn into a 5 year thing,crazier things have happened 

WeAAsles said:
I never mock you. I'm for your Craft also. I consider you my blue collar brother. I want to see you win the world and cheer you on for taking it. But I know many of your coworkers absolutely don't feel the same. Those are the guys I mock.

And you're not going to get a really bad contract so the point is moot.
I don't put myself above anyone else because of what I do.....I do not wish to see ANY workgroup lose something or even lose their jobs so I may gain something. I am fully aware some mechanics here have insulted fleet. I don't play that game. I have explained in the past my reasons for the way i feel. My history starts in the 70's before deregulation. I doubt I stand alone in my dislike for the TWU. 

As far as how good or bad a contract we may get, here's the way I see it...And I kind of agree with what was said at the latest DFW town hall. If they compromise between the TWU and IAM contracts, we get something better, they lose...They get something better we lose. Personally I do not think we will get what we once had.. And that was before any concessions.

Worldport said:
Well you do have much more complex issues licences and such. I just hope it doesn't turn into a 5 year thing,crazier things have happened 
Exactly. I doubt the dispatchers had anything nearly as complex.  

MetalMover said:
That was a question....NOT an insinuation..

Well in that case my answer would be no. If you ever did go to another Union I'd support you 100% if you wanted the support. "I" speak for myself though. But if I ever needed and asked for your support and you ignored me, when your time came I'd personally sit back and watch you grind under wheels like a dead skunk.

Did AMFA support those Fleet workers at SWA that the company tried to hose? I think they did? And if they did they earned my appreciation.

Worldport said:
I don't think it will? But it's only a gut instinct.

MetalMover said:
I don't put myself above anyone else because of what I do.....I do not wish to see ANY workgroup lose something or even lose their jobs so I may gain something. I am fully aware some mechanics here have insulted fleet. I don't play that game. I have explained in the past my reasons for the way i feel. My history starts in the 70's before deregulation. I doubt I stand alone in my dislike for the TWU. 

As far as how good or bad a contract we may get, here's the way I see it...And I kind of agree with what was said at the latest DFW town hall. If they compromise between the TWU and IAM contracts, we get something better, they lose...They get something better we lose. Personally I do not think we will get what we once had.. And that was before any concessions.
And that's why I don't treat you the same way as some of the other posters on here. I don't think you're like them and we'd probably get along great in person.

But what's up with 1AA? I thought AMFA didn't have any paid organizers? How can anyone in your group actually take that guy seriously?

1 day a month negotiating.
1 week a month negotiating.
The infighting is to nuclear proportions.

I mean he's really ridiculous you have to know.

WeAAsles said:
I personally liked "The Weez" the other day on the Fleet thread. That made me chuckle.
There was a weez in my high school like 5' 9" and could stuff didn't care for him though. On second thought "the weez " "the fonz" maybe it will work

WeAAsles said:
And that's why I don't treat you the same way as some of the other posters on here. I don't think you're like them and we'd probably get along great in person.

But what's up with 1AA? I thought AMFA didn't have any paid organizers? How can anyone in your group actually take that guy seriously?

1 day a month negotiating.
1 week a month negotiating.
The infighting is to nuclear proportions.

I mean he's really ridiculous you have to know.
The history of the infighting is not so much between workgroups. With us it has been more so between Line and Overhaul. And now I see it between the TWU and the IAM.