TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
We all keep hearing Delta plus 7 then Delta plus 3. If I were fleet I'd be careful asking for anything Delta has. Delta outsourced their fleet service at most if not all stations many years ago. Delta outsourced maintenance but nothing compared to fleet.

WeAAsles said:
November 1993. 23 years ago. And if we all don't think the Airlines totally understand this, we're only fooling ourselves.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12121297/1/us-airlines-are-too-big-to-strike-20-years-after-pre-thanksgiving-amr-shutdown.html

R.W. Mann & Company trades on the experience gained from more than twenty years of Officer-level,
direct management experience at some of the industry's most prominent airlines and consulting engagement
experience at the request of the industry's top managers.  We have performed engagements on five continents.

http://www.rwmann.com/

"Since that time, I don't believe there's been a meaningful disruption in airline service due to a strike" said aviation consultant Bob Mann. "And now, with all the consolidation, the airlines are too big to strike, too big to fail. The 1993 American strike was the beginning of the end of the ability to strike a major airline.  There will never be another strike at a major airline."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12121297/1/us-airlines-are-too-big-to-strike-20-years-after-pre-thanksgiving-amr-shutdown.html

Bobby Mann is a management tool, and now you are by posting his dribble, but we know you always have been.

1AA said:
We all keep hearing Delta plus 7 then Delta plus 3. If I were fleet I'd be careful asking for anything Delta has. Delta outsourced their fleet service at most if not all stations many years ago. Delta outsourced maintenance but nothing compared to fleet.
No they still have quite a few fleet stations they do have ready reserve making up a large part of their workforce heard they are starting in MTC too and you are right it is a concern as is AA big shots speaking at an MRO conference last week. Guess we all have to watch our backs

1AA said:
Kinda.

Prior to the merger, DL had 12-13 stations staffed with its own rampers. NW had 40. Together we now have 43.

You are absolutely correct that there are ton of stations-including some large ones- that are still outsourced...

Worldport said:
No they still have quite a few fleet stations they do have ready reserve making up a large part of their workforce heard they are starting in MTC too and you are right it is a concern as is AA big shots speaking at an MRO conference last week. Guess we all have to watch our backs
I have said this before....When the word outsourced is mentioned, many automatically think it refers only to  maintenance. With the exception of pilots and flight attendants, we are all fair game.

MetalMover said:
I have said this before....When the word outsourced is mentioned, many automatically think it refers only to  maintenance. With the exception of pilots and flight attendants, we are all fair game.
I was on the employee bus and a pilot said  sarcastically  hope they dont outsource my job. I was trying to think what he thought all these regionals were. remember I'm old and remember when mainline flew convairs and Bac1-11s with77 seats

Worldport said:
I was on the employee bus and a pilot said  sarcastically  hope they dont outsource my job. I was trying to think what he thought all these regionals were. remember I'm old and remember when mainline flew convairs and Bac1-11s with77 seats
Put it this way,,,I think it is less likely pilots and FA's would be outsourced. Ground workers are the easy targets.

DallasConehead said:
R.W. Mann & Company trades on the experience gained from more than twenty years of Officer-level,
direct management experience at some of the industry's most prominent airlines and consulting engagement
experience at the request of the industry's top managers.  We have performed engagements on five continents.

http://www.rwmann.com/

"Since that time, I don't believe there's been a meaningful disruption in airline service due to a strike" said aviation consultant Bob Mann. "And now, with all the consolidation, the airlines are too big to strike, too big to fail. The 1993 American strike was the beginning of the end of the ability to strike a major airline.  There will never be another strike at a major airline."

Bobby Mann is a management tool, and now you are by posting his dribble, but we know you always have been.
I don't care about the context of the article, just the fact of it. You really have a psychological problem you know. Again with the "We" huh? You really must not have too much self confidence if you have to pretend you speak for a crowd.

Worldport said:
In the end all the decent middle class jobs will be gone they decimated our industry now they are going after Verizon they already formed a lower paying non union company you probably have their product on your person. Remember b scale i'll never forget Crandalll "now we can compete with anybody". I wonder who will draw the line in the sand?
Clearly, it won't be you.
:p

xUT said:
Labor only has 'one' tool in it's toolbox.
Too bad you hillbillies don't know how to use it.
:p
This Hillbilly can step outside and see the Empire state building and throw a rock and hit the 59th street bridge

WeAAsles said:
I don't care about the context of the article, just the fact of it. You really have a psychological problem you know. Again with the "We" huh? You really must not have too much self confidence if you have to pretend you speak for a crowd.
Look in the mirror man.

"When you are full of pride on the inside, it makes you stiff, stubborn, and creates strife with others."

John Maxwell

"Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others"

Jack Welch

I see Kevin displaying some leadership qualities here.

I am willing to bet he is a leader outside of work. He displays the tendencies of someone who leads from where they are.

Back