TWU/IAM Members: How Long Will Negotiations Take?

How long do you think it will be before the Association presents a contract proposal to any of the w

• By the first week of 2016 (within about 30 days)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30-60 Days

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • 60-90 Days

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 90-120 Days

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • 4-6 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 6-9 Months

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • 9-12 Months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 12-18 Months

• 18-24 Months

• 24-48 Months or longer

Votes: 40 40.0%

• Total voters
Your fear and desperation are coming out big time.

Enjoy no parity.

No TA no vote.
The simple fact that you don’t mind if negotiations drag out, possibly even to section 6 makes you a IGM by definition since LAA lags LUS in almost every metric and is losing money daily. By the nature of this cluster fu** Association, it is inevitable that someone is gonna get labeled a IGM. The problem is it’s always gonna be LAA because it’s LUS Medical or be damned.
You sir are the one who will not compromise. The Association has created this problem and folks like you use it to your advantage to bash others. LUS is sitting pretty good right now and you’re ok with it even through section 6. That is IGM!
In your little mind, if a LAA employee even mentions the fact that your insurance may be gone to help AA with parity, you start your war dance and name calling. I have seen it time and time again from you. Your accusations are relentless if someone even disagrees with you.

Last edited:
Dude your way off base

I just have Metal a dose of what he was dishing out.

He has zero regard for LUS people.

I want s fair contract for all and don’t want to drag this out for three more years in Section 6, then right back into JCBA talks.

Like Rambo said, “he drew first blood”.

And I for one won’t sit back and let guys like IGM who want to screw the LUS side without standing up for my brothers and sisters.

The JCBA has to be fair to all.

Funny seems the overwhelming comments on Jetnet are negative to the company, at least those people care.

Last edited:
Dude your way off base

I just have Metal a dose of what he was dishing out.

He has zero regard for LUS people.

I want s fair contract for all and don’t want to drag this out for three more years in Section 6, then right back into JCBA talks.

Like Rambo said, “he drew first blood”.

And I for one won’t sit back and let guys like IGM who want to screw the LUS side without standing up for my brothers and sisters.

The JCBA has to be fair to all.

Funny seems the overwhelming comments on Jetnet are negative to the company, at least those people care.
If you’re gonna keep editing your comment dude, I can’t keep up. But to your last paragraph, I am one of those comments that’s overwhelming negative, but again you focus only on the medical when there is other negative things as well. Your delivery leaves a lot to be desired also. On another note, the Association Update is out, and if any conclusion can be drawn from that it looks as though your Call of a section 6 could prove to be right.

If you’re gonna keep editing your comment dude, I can’t keep up. But to your last paragraph, I am one of those comments that’s overwhelming negative, but again you focus only on the medical when there is other negative things as well. Your delivery leaves a lot to be desired also. On another note, the Association Update is out, and if any conclusion can be drawn from that it looks as though your Call of a section 6 could prove to be right.

That bad of an update, huh?

I focus on it all.

You should have gotten parity when the interim wage agreements were made.

Unfortunately it’s the last bargaining chip the company has, so I think you will only get it in a JCBA.

Both sides have different concerns, ours is pension and medical and yours is parity, understandable that each side’s members advocate for their respective issues.

But the infighting will solve nothing and give the advantage to the company.

Most important thing is scope anyhow.

THE ASSOCIATION NEGOTIATION UPDATE
30 Mar 2018

Brothers and Sisters,

The full M&R and Fleet Association Negotiating Committees met this week with the Association Executive Committee in Washington, D.C. Your Committees were fully briefed by the Executive Committee on the negotiation sessions that were held over the last month.

As you have seen in our communications over the last week, the company’s position at the bargaining table has been concessionary, woefully inadequate and, quite frankly, insulting.

Their desperate attempt to steer negotiations away from the negotiating table by releasing twisted half-truths and lame videos are sad ploys to try tricking the membership into believing their garbage. Your Committees, unlike American, know that you are too smart to fall for that.

American’s leadership should stop leaving negotiations because their feelings were hurt and give us the proposal they owe us NOW that doesn’t waste our time or disrespect you.

The TWU-IAM Association will not relent in obtaining the value that the industry’s best contract will provide. Association members deserve as much.

We thank Steve Johnsen for his behavior that has given the Association even greater UNITY and SOLIDARITY than ever before!

Tell the Company their offer is NOT ENOUGH!

Fraternally,

Your Association Negotiating Committee

I focus on it all.

You should have gotten parity when the interim wage agreements were made.

Unfortunately it’s the last bargaining chip the company has, so I think you will only get it in a JCBA.

Both sides have different concerns, ours is pension and medical and yours is parity, understandable that each side’s members advocate for their respective issues.

But the infighting will solve nothing and give the advantage to the company.

Most important thing is scope anyhow.
Now see there, agreeing with you 100% on everything you just said.
(Now don’t go editing it on me). :)
Oh, and your delivery, I want to be Facebook friends now. ;)

"The full M&R and Fleet Association Negotiating Committees met this week with the Association Executive Committee in Washington, D.C. Your Committees were fully briefed by the Executive Committee on the negotiation sessions that were held over the last month."

I think we need another committee to keep tabs on all the committees.

I'll chair!

Reactions: 1AA
4DF57DA3-28C8-4FF8-B080-7C14925C8E4F.jpeg
Oh look 1AA the red mark leader is back.

24 Negotiators for the Association.
Does one really need to ask why it's taking so long to negotiatea JCBA?

Back